Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Saddlemen - 3515-0075 - R1300LXE Deluxe Roll Bag
Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: --|Color: Black|Change
Price:$68.49+ Free shipping

on April 20, 2015
I give this bag five stars because it exceeded my expectations. I've used this bag for a few weeks and these are my observations. First off it's a nice looking bag. It appears to be well made. Good quality zippers and multiple d rings to attach things to the bag and it holds its shape even when empty. I do not have a sissy bar or a rack so I was a little concerned about attaching it to the bike. Not an issue . The supplied straps work very well and give the bag a nice clean look. I do have a grab rail on my seat but I think even with out the rail I could have figured something out. You have several options.
Storage: I would consider this to be a day bag or a light overnight bag. It would be more than adequate to double as a gym bag and the straps make it very easy to remove from the bike. Maybe too easy lol. That is why I bought a retractable cable lock. It only takes a minute to secure the bag by running the cable through a d ring or two and secure it to the rail or frame. This will keep mostly honest people honest. Storage wise You have an expandable main compartment and two smaller compartments on either side. All three have pockets to keep things organized. The side compartments are not big but you can fit a lot of small things and keep them organized. For example in one side pocket I put two cell phones. a wallet , small flashlight , some keys, a leather man multi tool ,cable lock, insurance and registration cards and owners manual. The main compartment has a large mesh bag designed to hold the rain cover but you can put a few other things in there too without really compromising the storage of the main compartment. The main storage compartment when Not expanded will hold a light jacket or hoodie, a large half helmet , sun glasses and gloves with room to stick in some small stuff here and there. When expanded it will hold more but here is my only criticism. Even expanded you are limited by what can fit through the opening of the bag. So you may be able to fit six pairs of shoes or a twenty cans of beer but you probably won't get your full helmet in there. If they designed the bag so you could access the main compartment from the side as well it would have been better. That said I'm very happy with the bag. It looks good on my bike. Appears to be great quality for the money, and If you need to carry a heavy jacket or a sleeping bag there are multiple d rings and other place to strap a cargo net or bungee cords.
review image
on January 17, 2012
I prefer a minimalist approach to my local riding, however, I do like to have some storage space on the bike. I have had several roll type bags and this bag is the best I have found. The bag has a semi-rigid shape and the construction and choice of materials are excellent; it has a very "upscale" look to it. The bottom of the bag is flat and rigid and sits well on my fender rack. There are multiple nylon D-rings (much better than steel that always stay rusty) that allow you to bungie more stuff. It has a large velcro strap in front to wrap around a sissy bar and comes with additional straps that mate to quik release buckles on the bottom of the bag (2 in front, 2 in rear). The side pockets, while small looking, actually hold quite a bit and are very convenient. The main area is fairly large and is expandable one inch on each side. The main flap has a net pouch on the interior that holds the rain cover. It also comes with a shoulder strap for off bike carry and a small luggage type padlock. My only gripe (and the reason I gave it 4 stars not 5) is that the main flap opens to the rear and the double zipper is difficult to open/close because of the proximity to the sissy bar. Designing the flap to open forward would have prevented this problem. Other than that, the best roll bag I have found.
on July 4, 2010
This tail bag is great for out and about shopping.
i usually use it to carry my gym gear with me. I've been able to fit a pair of size 12 shoes, size 12 flip flops, a towel, gym shorts and shirt and shower gear in this bag.
there's also side pockets that you can put things into as well.
there are D-rings on different parts of the bag, so you could mount it on your bike depending on how your motorcycle is.
my favorite feature is that the bag has clips that interlock onto the bag. i mount the bag on my tail and loop the clips through my luggage rack and lock them onto the bag. i'm not too sure how well bags with bungees stay secure but with the interlocking straps the bag stays well secure on the bike.

its a great bag and for the price its a good deal in my opinion.
on September 21, 2011
I bought this for occasional Motorcycle Day Trips. I have a complete set of Luggage but I needed something for an occasional day trip or an overnighter when traveling alone. It is awesome, one of the best features is it's ability to expand if needed for f or more storage room. I recently went on a three day trip without my wife and this along with my saddlebags held all I needed and then some. on the way back from my trip it rained and I used the included Rain Cover and rode three hundred miles in the rain without getting the bag wet.. Great bag at a great price..

[..]
on June 7, 2015
The only reason for not giving it five stars was because of the PLASTIC hooks and rings. The plastic 'looks' like it might be strong, but I guess time will tell. Steel rings and hooks would've been much better
on May 17, 2014
The zipper opens towards the sissy bar but in my case it's not a problem. I have not tested if it's waterproof but it comes with a cover. The Velcro holds it in place and I also have two supplied ties at the bottom of my Honda nighthawk (which as a sissy bar of course and a small'ish rack. I used it for the first time today to buy 10 oranges, 6 potatoes, a pound of grapes. The bike has to prove its value to my spouse you know. It always holds my toolkit (small), a liner jacket that I leave in it. It had room to spare and don't forget you can expand it by another 3 inches on both sides. What I also don't like are the D rings which are plastic and whoever designed the handle must have flat hands, stupid, stupid design. Plus, it sits on the flap which zips on to the bag which means if the bag is loaded, the zipper must be able to handle the load. So, a couple of misses where the designers just fell asleep.
on May 10, 2011
Saddlemen makes some of the finest motorcycle luggage I've ever seen and I've been riding street motorcycles for 36 years. I purchased this product (Roll Bag) because I have other Saddlemen products and they are extremely well made here in the States and are priced right. You just can't do better.
on February 13, 2013
This bag is smaller than I thought it would be, but honestly, if I was careful, I could pack a 2 day trip worth of cloths in there. It's the perfect size for a day bag, and is easily taken off the bike to be carried into the gym or your office. It attaches quickly and securely, and holds its shape well. I recommend it if you need a daily bag on your bike.
on October 18, 2012
This bag holds my helmet, gloves, riding glasses and more for trips to work and back. It expands to hold groceries, take out food and more. It has been a work horse. Very easy to install. Holds its shape and complements the look of my Yamaha V Star 1300. Highly recomended.
on October 13, 2012
I wanted a bag that was removable for my Victory. This works perfectly fine. Straps work great either mounting the bag on the seat or on the sissy bar. No problem with the buckles. I recommend this bag.