Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

75%
25%

on December 29, 2001
Angela Carter (1940-1992) has written a feminist reading of the Marquis De Sade. Carter has also used the work of the Marquis as a springboard for her own insights on the relation of sexuality to power. She is able to demonstrate that sexuality is constructed not from gender but rather form a relationship between power and politics. A must-read feminist classic.
on August 26, 2001
A very thoughtful book which puts Sade's work in a whole new light. Thoughtful, evenhanded and intelligent. This one is worth the read for anyone interested in going beyond the superficial with Sade. There is a lot of nonsensence about him -- finally, someone with something important to say!
on June 22, 2013
I like this book. It speaks a lot about Marquis De Sade. It is practically a mini bio of him.
on August 4, 2005
Angela Carter, is the premier feminist, but this book wasn't quite for me. I had no idea who Marquis de Sade was until I read this book, and I slightly wish I never had. Angela Carter tries to bring life to De Sade's female characters, which she does, but I just couldn't get passed the section where she talks of the women licking men's butts and being connisiuers of poop. Really, I just wish Marquis de Sade's work would be swept under some carpet and never be read.