Customer Discussions > Soldier of Love forum

Sade's new song. So looking foward to this CD!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-42 of 42 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 12, 2010 10:55:32 PM PST
icecube says:
Just saw the video on amazon. Does this woman age? She looks fantastic!Always good to hear new music from Sade

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2010 11:51:57 PM PST
Walking Tall says:
People aged gracefully, when they take good care of themselves, by not living a fast life.

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 2:30:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2010 2:32:50 PM PST
Robert Ellis says:
I heard Soldier of love for the first time today after hearing a lot of negative reviews from people who want to hear the same ole Sade from years ago. I thought the song was great. Helen was always and still is a powerful lyricist and the modern edge beat and deep vocals set the tone for this song "Soldier of Love." It's like a part 2 of "Bulletproof Soul", a lamb of a lion who has grown it's claws and found it's roar! Rock on Sade!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2010 6:27:08 PM PST
DLibrarian says:
I drove across country listening to my Sade cds. I like the new song and can't wait until the whole cd is released. Just might take that trip again.She is one great singer with great songs.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2010 8:13:58 PM PST
I haven't heard many negative remarks about the new song or tone. Most of the reviews have been quite positive. Sade fans know she doesn't like to repeat herself, hence why she is always reinventing her style and songs.

Posted on Jan 19, 2010 11:32:38 PM PST
Musiclover says:
I am also looking forward to Sade's new album. I've been waiting for 10 years. I'll go out and buy it the day it's released.

Posted on Jan 20, 2010 12:48:27 PM PST
I did not like "Lovers Rock" at all. The single "Soldier Of Love" is better than anything on "Lovers rock". Hopefully, the rest of the album is as good.

Posted on Jan 29, 2010 10:55:25 AM PST
Lover's Rock is awesome. By Your Side is one of her best songs ever. And Lover's Rock and King of Sorrow are also really quite powerful.

Posted on Jan 29, 2010 1:36:20 PM PST
dwood78 says:
Lovers Rock had to grow on me. Now I love that album like the rest of her earlier material.

Favorite songs from the LP.

Side Your Side
Flow
King of Sorrow
Slave Song
Every Word
Lovers Rock

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2010 7:04:22 PM PST
Maja Loba says:
Girlfren' been gon' fo' 9 years, boo!

Posted on Jan 30, 2010 11:47:08 AM PST
Glad she is back.Their are mixed feelings from those of us who have the album already.My view the album is AWESOME. The more I listen to more I find in it.Let me break down the tracks.

1. The Moon And The Sky 4:27
2. Soldier Of Love 5:58
3. Morning Bird 3:55
4. Babyfather 4:40
5. Long Hard Road 3:02
6. Be That Easy 3:40
7. Bring Me Home 4:08
8. In Another Time 5:05
9. Skin 4:13
10.The Safest Place 2:46

I wish it was more than 10 tracks.Track 1 , 2, 3, and 9 are my favorites. Moring Bird is really a nice track but it ends rather quickly. Really starting to like Baby Father. It really has a infectious hook "Your Daddy Knows,Track 5 and 6 are slow and for me were not easy to listen too.Track 7 is a mid -uptempo track. Its starting to grow on me.Track 8 is another slow jam .When I first listened to it I was like No but after listening to it I really like it. Love the intermittent Sax that is in it.The Guitar and beautiful violin make for a stunning song. This track to me is amazing because it starts off with a simple doo wop tempo but morphs into a beautiful complex song. Skin is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!! Sade sings like Michael back in the day. Just a smooth , tight track.Women will love this track where she sings about washing you off my skin. Track 10 I really need to give it more time . I love the album. Now a lot of folks are going to buy it who are not true Sade fans. Sade's real fans, those who have a high music IQ will enjoy this. Those influenced by what they hear on radio will not. They will instead be writing rave reviews for the next Lil Wayne or next wana be girl group like Electrik Red.

Posted on Feb 1, 2010 7:50:55 AM PST
The title track and Skin are excellent--the rest of the album, unfortunately VERY weak.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2010 10:54:52 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 1, 2010 11:02:27 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 6, 2010 11:46:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 8, 2010 12:05:46 AM PST
Walking Tall says:
Sade have stated in an interview, that she doesn't produce new music continuously like most artists in the industry, only periodically whenever she has message to reveal, to be composed in her music.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2010 3:00:39 PM PST
I agree with you. Why did she take such a long time between albums, I have no idea. I hope the rest of Soldier Of Love delivers even more.

Posted on Feb 19, 2010 3:43:14 PM PST
Andrea says:
I happen to like Sade's sound but will someone please explain something to me: why does all of her music have the same sound, almost the identical melody?? She has a beautiful sexy, smoky voice but it seems as if she could play around with a few more notes, melodies, time signatures, tempos, etc. Just wondering.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2010 11:40:01 AM PST
rmcrae says:
She has. Her earlier work (Diamond Life, Promise, and parts of Stronger Than Pride and Love Deluxe) has different tempos and sounds. Some of the music is inspired by jazz, bossa nova, soul, folk, etc. Not all of it is the same.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Soldier of Love forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  42
Initial post:  Dec 8, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 22, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Soldier of Love
Soldier of Love by Sade (Audio CD - 2010)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (380)