Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.29 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.97 shipping
Safari Mat Remover for Dogs
|Price:||$15.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
- Stainless steel
- Removes mats
- Quality Guaranteed
- Designed to easily remove mats and tangles from a variety of coat types
- Grooming and de-matting your dog is easy with our dog mat remover
- Suitable for use on all breeds, especially those with long or coarse coats
- Curved edges for safety
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This brush does a great job of cutting right through the matts and pulling out the tangles. It is also sturdy and has grip on the handle as well as a grip above the blade area for when you need to get in close or use with caution (like around the paws or ears). It seems very well built and hopefully the blades will last a while. The only I reason I don't give this a full 5 stars is because it can sometimes be a hassle to get the dead/trimmed hair out of the blades on this brush. It would have been nice if they built a retracting mechanisms of some sort - similar to the Safari Self Cleaning Slicker Brush.
There are a few things to keep in mind with this brush and using it to deal with matted areas of your dog's coat:
* The brush has blades, nested inside the curl of the brush head, and therefore you must use caution when getting close to your pups skin or paws. Between the blades there are dull metal "twisties" that seem to be there to further break up tangles. These will definitely pull hair out - as opposed to cut or thin out - if the area is really matted rather than just tangled.Read more ›
- Able to be used left or right handed
- Removes mats and tangles easier than brush
- Soft, ergonomic feel
- Do note that this is made of small blades and it will cut out some of your dogs hair, and may cut your finger if you rub it on the sharp side.
- You must be patient getting the larger tangles out. Start from the outside of the mat first, and work your way inward. Don't try to tackle the whole mat at once.
- Always comb in the direction of the hair growth
- To get the fur out of the comb (while saving your fingers from getting cut), simply rub the back of the comb onto the carpet or a paper towel in a motion away from the base of the comb. The hair will come out easily.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This Mat remover takes a bit of getting used to. I adopted a couple very matted bunnies recently. While I wouldn't recommend that you use this to remove the close-to-skin mats (I... Read morePublished 6 days ago by Seattle Mom
I have a small shihtzu who loves to play outside. It's necessary to brush her every night. Sometimes, I'm not able to brush her for a few days because I travel. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Mzova
I groom my 1 yr old Shih Tzu and keep her coat long. I tried this yesterday and it was wonderful. I am very pleased that I purchased it as she gets mats very easily and they were... Read morePublished 15 days ago by JOL
This is the best mat remover I have ever used. We like to keep the hair on our puppy pretty long and it can get very difficult to groom her between her regular grooming... Read morePublished 15 days ago by Cindi Gutenplan
The most amazing product that I've used on my cat to get the hair balls (mats) out.
I would highly recommend this product if you have a pet with mats!
Love it to thin out my Sheltie's double coat, without breaking the top coat. Now his coat lies flat.🐶👍Published 15 days ago by Winnie
I just got this in the mail today, and after using it for 30 minutes I had to write a review. I have bought literally dozens of different types of brushes for my long hair cat and... Read morePublished 17 days ago by Nicole LL
Works Great on a dog/cat with longer hair. I would highly recommend the mat removerPublished 19 days ago by Amazon Customer