|Item Weight||62.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||17.8 x 41.2 x 41.2 inches|
|Item model number||5335BL|
|Assembled Height||11 inches|
|Assembled Width||21 inches|
|Assembled Length||40 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Safco Products 5335BL Scoot Double-Sided Book Cart, 6 Shelf, Black
|Price:||$219.94 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$137.06 (38%)|
- Stylish steel suits all decors
- Perfect for mail-room or library
- Ideal for books and other reference materials
- Features six slanted shelves
- Height adjustable file pocket
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Safco Products 5335BL Scoot Double-Sided Book Cart, 6 Shelf, Black
Sandusky SL327-09 Black Heavy Duty Welded Steel Single Sided Sloped Shelf Book Truck, 3 Shelves, 200 lb. Capacity, 46" Height x 28" Width x 14" Depth B003XWBG5U
Lorell Double-sided Book Cart B00P85I1IU
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Connect Buy||Amazon.com||Shoplet|
|Dimensions||41.25 inches x 17.75 inches x 41.25 inches||48 inches x 19 inches x 37 inches||48 inches x 14 inches x 27 inches||46 inches x 19 inches x 39 inches|
|Item Package Weight||64.4 pounds||74 pounds||48.9 pounds||88 pounds|
|Material||Steel||Metal||Steel||Information not provided|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Assembling the book cart is a somewhat involved process, but certainly not as bad as the other reviews make it out to be. It took me and a friend less than 20min with an electric drill to screw in all the parts. The thin metal shelves are very easy to damage and the corners can get bent out of shape if you're not careful, but if you're at least somewhat capable working with power tools, it's not a tough project (btw, if it takes your handyman 1.5 hrs to put it together, then I think you got fleeced, just sayin).
2. Where this Safco book cart disappoints (and the reason I only give it 2 stars), is that the design is very flawed. 'Samuel K. Jones' hit it right on the spot in his review: this cart is NOT capable of holding 6 shelves full of books. The silver end bars are sturdy enough, but the only thing connecting them together are the flimsy thin black shelves, which bend and flex like crazy. I only put 3 shelves worth of books on it, and every time I push the cart the whole thing angles forward. On turns, it does the same thing. I don't expect this product to hold up if used often. All it would've taken to make this cart amazing is to have included in the design a crossbeam of some sort to firmly secure the two ends together, instead of relying on the weak shelves. Every time I use it, it feels like i'm pushing a cart made out of recycled aluminum pop cans and not steel, that's how weak the support is.
That all being said, the cart looks nice and if you don't plan on moving it much, then go ahead and get it! But if you plan on loading it up and rolling it, better look elsewhere.
Very happy with it, quality is very good, fairly staightforward assembly, moves around easily. Glad I had Amazon Prime!
One note, the vertical side bars do create hollow areas to the sides of the shelves. The shelves flair out to cover the gap, so there's no danger of anything falling down the side, just that books may lean into that hollow without some sort of bookend in place. Not an issue for me, but might be for some potential buyers.
It's been a deeply frustrating experience trying to assemble this book cart. The supplied screws are too wide for most of the pre-drilled holes in the metal cross braces of the unit. Simply put, you can't attach the shelves. (It takes some elbow grease to attach the end frames to the braces, but no more than one would expect for a close fit.)
I explained my problem to SAFCO, and they sent another set of screws, free of charge. I had the same problem with those, manually and with an electric screwdriver. The replacements the local hardware store suggested were too small. After talking with SAFCO's customer service, they very kindly sent me a full replacement unit, again free of charge. Unfortunately, the replacement has the same problem!
I don't think I'm being a doofus about the assembly. I've put together a lot of things, and the instructions are clear. The only fasteners are the provided screws. (The casters snap into place just fine.)
From what I can tell, the unit looks very sturdily designed, if I could put it together, and the people at SAFCO's headquarters have been nothing but helpful. I'm keeping the pieces of the units until I can bring them to a serious DIY place where they might be able to diagnose the problem better. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll end up putting a hundred pounds of metal in the trash.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I debated about sending this back but ultimately kept it because I didn't see anything else like it available for sale that fit my needs. Read morePublished 10 months ago by TS
This is the 4th one for our office. It is great to pull your work up to your desk and not have it in piles. We keep work types separated for 4 different doctors. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Lizarddp
Very disappointed in the cart. The cart is not sturdy when all six shelves are loaded with book. I would not recommend if you intend to load all six shelves - afraid it will not... Read morePublished 10 months ago by Barbara king
Price OK, quality...not so good. It took me and my wife over 2 hours to assemble it. The main problem is the hole for the screw. I think there are lots of problems on the module. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Ppo