4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not the best for my use
The bracket support causes the angle of the stand to be too steep in its lowest position. I did not use the support bracket and, instead, placed a strip of wood beneath the stand to produce the angle best for me. Had I known this prior to the purchase, I would have disregarded the product.
Published on November 4, 2009 by retafblue

1.0 out of 5 stars Set of 1, NOT 5 - Not good for typing
The description clearly states that this is a set of 5. However, you are buying only 1 stand. Keep this in mind before you order.

This stand is very bouncy on the lowest notch. The laptop bounced as I type. (Was typing normally - not doing anything to make it bounce! Even as I put my fingers on the keyboard, the laptop started bouncing.) It is more stable...
Published on August 19, 2010 by Lynn

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not the best for my use, November 4, 2009
retafblue (South Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Safco Products Onyx Mesh Adjustable Laptop Stand, Black, 2161BL (Office Product)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy on the Posture, February 14, 2011
The Mesh Laptop Stand is great in so many ways:

- the multi-level height adjustment
- the mesh that allows air-flow to keep the laptop from overheating
- the minimal design that does not obstruct ports
- the ease of use
- the inobtrusive design that fits in easily with office decor
- the strength of the construction
- relatively inexpensive

One minor detraction: it could use rubber feet or alternate method of protecting wood table-top

5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLE -- WORKS EXACTLY LIKE IT SHOULD, October 28, 2009
LD ODOM (The Woodlands, Texas) - See all my reviews
Having a 13" Aluminum MacBook, I noticed how hot it could get when watching streaming video from bed. First allow me to address the problems with other Laptop cooling devices. The USB Fan driven devices are noisy and ultimately distract from enjoying the video. The Thermapak design with crystals that soak up the heat work for a while, but as soon as they reach a certain temperature they cease to function because now the Thermapak is hot too.

The Safeco Mesh Laptop Stand allows plenty of air circulation keeping the Laptop totally cool. A simple yet profound idea that works really well.

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, September 11, 2011
Nothing fancy here. This mesh stand props my Macbook Pro up perfectly so I can use it's screen in conjunction with a larger, 22 inch HD screen and my wireless keyboard and mouse. I have found it to be very stable, not wobbling at all.

For the price (the cheapest item of this type I could find on Amazon), I'd definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Eyes, Back, and Neck Thank You, April 11, 2010
Rocky (Southern, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This is a fantastic product! Allows me to raise my laptop so I can see the screen better, it gives me better posture,I no longer have a "kink" in my neck after long periods of use, it gives me more desk space, it's design keeps my unit cool, and it was for a low price. When looking at the screen, I now can look straight ahead and into the center instead of bending my neck big time. However, for someone who types fast, typing on it on a low incline could get annoying, as the weight of the laptop starts to lift the front up, causing it to move a little. The truth of the matter is that keyboards are cheap these days; just get a keyboard and this product will become a true gem. A smaller laptop might not have this problem. but I cannot test that. If you use a laptop in your office or home for a long period of time, a product like this is a must. Your body will thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and easy to use!!, February 28, 2011
I have had this stand for almost 2 months and it has not let me down yet. It was easy to set up and use right out of the box... Highly recommend if you are looking for a simple easy to use product. I am a college student with a small apartment and this stand gave me more room on my desk to work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, fully functional, December 31, 2010
This item was perfect for angling my laptop to match the height of other monitors, instead of having to look down constantly at the screen when the laptop was flat on the desk. I use a wireless keyboard and mouse and do not type while the computer is angled and probably wouldn't recommend this if you were going to use it without an additional keyboard, as the angles are too steep to be comfortable.

Bottom line, this model was priced better than any other laptop stands available and is sturdy, adjustable and perfect for my needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Elevate your screen, July 28, 2010
Shane W. Holloway (Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this laptop stand for one purpose: to get my laptop stand to the same plane/distance as my primary monitor. I'm happy to say It works well. My MacBook Pro's laptop screen only tilts so far back, which makes most of the stand's slots useless. But you only need one to work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good design, July 22, 2010
I'm very pleased with this computer stand. What I like best about the design is the lip at the bottom that prevents the laptop from sliding off. My previous stand was a plastic model that I bought from a TV ad, and I had to bungee the laptop to the frame. It got the job done but it was rickety. The metal frame of this model makes it very sturdy but it's not heavy and it holds the laptop securely. It wasn't expensive either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for a great price!, September 13, 2009
I looked for awhile for something like this, but I didn't want to pay a large amount. This stand works great for my Dell to sit comfortably on my kitchen counter without the worries of spilled juices of food.