5.0 out of 5 stars Wet-your-pants hilarious!
Published on January 21, 2008 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Goofy, dry humor regarding do's and dont's of baby safety
These are some very dry, very goofy illustrations of "Do's and don't" of parenting. The illustrations are cute, done in a simplistic linear style like you'd see in a safety instruction manual. The gags are silly, in the nature of "do" let a baby chew on a baby toy, don't let them chew on an old sneaker, etc. A few are cringeworthy, such as the baby in the...
Published 2 months ago by Rob

5.0 out of 5 stars Wet-your-pants hilarious!, January 21, 2008
This review is from: Safe Baby Handling Tips (Board book)
I was in a bookstore, and happened upon this book. I picked it up and started to read, and began to giggle, out loud. I felt that I was being too loud, so I closed the book and put it down until I felt I was under control again. I then picked it up to read, but burst into giggles again. This happened several times. I wanted to buy the book in the store but it was kind of beat up, so I ordered from Amazon. I gave this book to my friend for her baby shower, and it was the absolute hit of the party! You know how everyone passes the presents around, "Oh, how nice, ANOTHER tube of Desitin!" "Oh, of COURSE she can use another frilly baby headband!" and no one really looks at them or cares? Well this book took about an hour to make it around the circle; its progress was punctuated with shrieks of laughter. We even called her husband in and he read it and totally cracked up. My friend says she is actually going to use the spinner on the front of the book.

I think my favorite parts of the book are the "Testing Baby's Bottle", "Introducing Baby to Pets", and "Bonding With Baby", but to be honest, they are all hilarious. I read the book about 10 times before I gave it to her and I still giggled each time. I don't have any babies, but I think I might just buy this for myself for laughs. Fantastic shower gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, July 4, 2006
This review is from: Safe Baby Handling Tips (Board book)
My wife and I received this book as a gift shortly after our child was born, and we love it! It provided the laughter that we desperately needed after a week without sleep. Even after the fifth time through, I still laugh out loud at most pages. It's especially fun to share with friends and family when they come over, and now I know not to wake the baby with an air horn.

This book is a perfect gift for new parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars When drying baby, wrap baby in soft towel. DO NOT place baby in dryer., December 6, 2005
Jason Rene "Jason" (Somewhere out there, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Safe Baby Handling Tips (Board book)
This book is hilarious! I can't think of a better gift for someone who is about to have a baby. Sure, you could buy them a Dr. Spock book, a car seat, diapers, or some other equally boring gift, but this ten dollar treat will have them actually remembering who you are! Of course, it also might end your friendship if you are implying in a not-so-subtle manner that you question their parenting skills and believe their baby is in imminent danger. But even if they do never speak to you again, at least you will always be remembered for this wonderful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, exactly the common sense advice we needed!, September 4, 2009
J. Wood (Chicago Suburbs, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Safe Baby Handling Tips (Board book)
We received the Safe Baby Handling book as a baby shower gift, and it is indeed hilarious. We have read countless dozens of books about pregnancy and babies in preparation for the arrival of our twin boys, and to be honest, a lot of them are really downers. While most books focus on all the ways you can go wrong, all the terrible things that can and will happen and how your life, and ability to sleep ever again may be over, this book focuses on the very basics of baby care. It provides simple illustrations on how to and how *not* to care for your baby. Among my favorites: DO feed baby with a bottle in a gentle embrace, DO NOT feed baby a chicken leg. DO Calm baby with a gentle pat to the back, DO NOT calm baby with a bottle of whiskey.

This was exactly the sort of humor we needed after all those serious books, and I think any parent-to-be would enjoy this book. It was a hit at the shower among seasoned parents as well. As a bonus the cover contains a spinner which promises to randomly divide responsibilities between Mom and Dad. Though our babies are not born yet, my husband and I have tested it out in anticipation for the big day, and my only complaint so far is it seems rigged, the thing lands on Mom about 4 out of 5 spins!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Recommended Reading After C-section!, June 10, 2011
Hotpants (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Safe Baby Handling Tips (Board book)
After our baby was surgically removed from my body (ha!), some friends popped by our hospital room to drop off this gem of a book. Ho-ly cr-ap, I had to put it down after only getting to page 2, the total belly laugh was PAINFUL. We love this book so much... it's now part of our go-to baby shower gifts. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for first-time parents!, April 21, 2006
This review is from: Safe Baby Handling Tips (Board book)
My brother-in-law purchased this book for us when we were expecting our first child. It is hilarious!!!!!!!! My husband loves to show it to everyone that comes over to the house. It's a board book (in alignment with all the books a new parent is about to purchase for their child) with the Wheel of Responsiblity on the cover that is an actual spinner you can use with your spouse. The graphics are absolutely funny and to the point. A great gift for parents-to-be!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud, funny!, December 14, 2006
This review is from: Safe Baby Handling Tips (Board book)
A co-worker bought this book for a friend of his who was having a baby. He brought it to work to show us, and I laughed until I cried, and all of my mascara was off! I am buying multiple copies of this book to keep on hand, and one for myself. It is one of the funniest books, ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars great for first time parents, July 31, 2006
This review is from: Safe Baby Handling Tips (Board book)
I ordered many copies of this book for friends that will be having babies. I have already given one copy away and the husband loved it! It is a funny little book, I would highly recommend this if you are looking for a fun baby gift!

4.0 out of 5 stars My kids thought this was hilarious, February 26, 2008
artemishunter "artemishunter" (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Safe Baby Handling Tips (Board book)
I bought this to donate to the waiting room for our pediatrician. If you are at the doctor with a sick baby, you might as well find something to smile about. My 5 year old and 7 year old got such a kick out of this book that it was worth the purchase just to hear their giggles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, May 12, 2011
Fun and just what the over-concerned parents-to-be need to remember that having a baby is a joy, not just a series of tough decisions. All it is is illustrations labeled "right" and "wrong" covering topics from carrying the newborn baby to how to check a diaper. Just fun and highly recommended for those expecting their first child.

Safe Baby Handling Tips
Safe Baby Handling Tips by Kelly Sopp (Board book - November 8, 2005)
$9.95 $5.78