Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 9/10

PROS:
Published on September 20, 2010 by Charly T. Anchor

3.0 out of 5 stars Running out of steam
Published 20 months ago by LeAnna McCoy

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, even though it falls the slightest bit short of the original series, September 20, 2010
Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 9/10

PROS:
- I adore these characters, especially the two subs. This book solidified my affection for Noah; there's a switch scene in this story that felt more convincing to me than any in the earlier books. I thought it was less "scenelike" and more genuine--less like Noah was acting a part and more like he was really taking on the role of Dom for a while. And oh my goodness, I love Phan. Like, almost more than life itself. He's wounded yet fierce, a mental basketcase at times but always loving and sweet. He's one of my favorite fictional characters ever. He makes me smile and giggle and sigh.
- I loved seeing characters I'm already familiar with reacting to situations in which they're an established threesome. Phan gets collared right at the end of the fourth book, and I liked seeing them now that they've all been together for a while and are making the relationship work, rather than simply coasting on the newness of their feelings for one another. Phan and Noah come much closer to being 24/7 subs in this story than they have before--after all, they're not only living with Tobias but also working with him--and although it took me a while to get used to their all being together SO much, I did enjoy seeing that new aspect of their relationship.
- The authors once again tackle real issues with this book rather than focusing entirely on the warm fuzzies of how wonderful and perfect the men's lives are. For me, one of the most interesting things about the Deviations books is how deeply Owen and Payne examine the characters' psyches, and that very much continues here, especially as pertains to the difficulties of a threesome relationship.
- Percentage-wise, we don't really see any more of Bradford than in the earlier books, but what we do see of him made me like him even more. Several new secondary characters are introduced also, and although we don't get to see too much from them, I liked a couple of them very much.

CON:
- The tone of this book seems to me just a little different than the tone of the earlier books. It struck me as less bare and frank; there's more explanation, more cushioning in the exposition.

Overall comments: I definitely recommend this for fans of BDSM and/or threesomes, regardless of whether or not you've read the earlier, 4-book series. There are sections of text, especially toward the beginning of this book, that are quite obviously aimed at catching up those readers who are unfamiliar with the characters' backgrounds. This isn't QUITE as perfect as I wanted it be, though. Don't get me wrong--it's a great book, and I loved reading it because I adore the characters. But try as I might, I couldn't read it objectively and prevent myself from comparing it to the original series' seamlessness. It's a lovely afterthought, but an afterthought nonetheless.

3.0 out of 5 stars Running out of steam, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Safe Words, A Deviations Novel (Kindle Edition)
I had to say that I found this last book too short. It seemed the authors were losing interest in the story by the time it wrapped up. I have been less and less excited with each book since the introduction of Phan into Tobias and Noah's relationship as I personally felt it ruined the dynamics that made their relationship so enduring in the beginning but that's just my own opinion and others may well feel differently. None the less, I enjoy reading this series and constantly read and re-read these books though I do think they stray a bit far from the reality of the lifestyle. I might have enjoyed this book more if it had been longer. Left me feeling like there were things unsaid and undone in the character's lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe Words, A Deviation Novel, May 17, 2011
This review is from: Safe Words, A Deviations Novel (Kindle Edition)
This is the last in a series of books. You need to read the books in order and see the characters grow as a group. I saved this last one for awhile before I read it because I hate that feeling of your friends leaving when you get to that last page! I think you should start with first and get the series. I don't think you will be disappointed. I just wish there were more.
This is the first time I have written a review for Amazon and I buy hundreds, if not thousands of things from them.
The series won't disappoint. Each story is good but you will miss ALOT if you don't read the series in order.
Happy reading as I miss the characters already.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed, May 4, 2012
This review is from: Safe Words, A Deviations Novel (Kindle Edition)
I've been saving this book for a while since I enjoyed the others so much. However, I'm sad to admit I'm disappointed by this one. It really didn't add anything revelant to the series, in my opinion. Of course, the characters are still great (although I'm not a big Phantom fan. Is Phantom necessary? I still don't get what he brings into the relationship), the BDSM scenes amazing and the writing superb. I especially enjoyed Tobias' "submission" to Noah and the way they anticipate each other's needs.

My problem with the book in general is that I don't think the conflict dealt in the story was worth a book. I just found it lacking somehow. It just left me feeling like Phantom is a spoiled brat and that Tobias and Noah would be better of without him. I'm very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars a complete miss, February 28, 2014
This review is from: Safe Words, A Deviations Novel (Kindle Edition)
Not sure where to start, but it all went down hill from the beginning! I actually couldn't stand this book. When I finished with book four, I had small hope for phantom and Noah and Tobias to find common ground. It took time to get used to, so I kept reading and was ok by the end. Reading book five, we'll I was expecting Nikki and Bradford. So why happened?? I'll tell you, phantom became so pathetic and needy and selfish that I wanted to scream at him, slap him and tell him to get over it. Tobias felt like a complete liar and manipulator with his feelings of being a master and his love for the boys. It seemed to me that all along, he wanted phantom back! He did exactly what the therapist told him would happen, he and phantom fell back into a normal routine, and all the while he literally treated Noah as a second and even third thought. He treated him as if he was only to do laundry and cook and get used and then take care of phantoms issues or be asked his opinion of how phantoms doing. And worse, Noah acted as if he just didn't care, and that everything was ok like that. I'm completely blown away...and not in a good way on how the authors continued this story. I didn't recognize Noah, Tobias turned in to and arrogant a-hole, and phantom was such a child it was disgusting reading his scenes!! Seriously I don't want to read about children getting off, regardless of his age he was a child, Noah a doormat and Tobias a jerk for lying about it all! I hated this bookand am returning it. It was crap and an insult to me as a reader!

5.0 out of 5 stars I usually struggle to find one that I enjoy. Maybe I have high expectations, August 19, 2014
This review is from: Safe Words, A Deviations Novel (Kindle Edition)
When I get a hankering to read a BDSM book, I usually struggle to find one that I enjoy. Maybe I have high expectations, but most leave me feeling like I was missing something. This series changed that.
This series was wonderful. I loved watching the character’s growth across the five books. The inclusion of Phan into the relationship didn’t bother me like it did others, because I just couldn’t see another answer for Phan.
Noah is the stand out of this series. His transformation from the guy who wanted desperately to submit and the frustration he showed at a mistake in the first book to the confident and settled sub in the final book was fantastic to read.
Before reading this series, I would have pictured Tobias, as the key to keeping the threesome together, but in fact it was Noah’s ability to communicate clearly and naturally be able to give each member of the relationship what they needed, was what kept them working. From the cuddles and love need by Phan to the ability to transform from sub to lover to Dom for Tobias. (It was great to see Noah show his dominate side on occasions)
I also think what made this series a stand out was the great communication between the characters.
Definitely recommend the whole series

2.0 out of 5 stars Where's the plot?, August 9, 2014
Series/Standalone: book five
Genre/sub-genre: BDSM
Book Format: print
HEA/HFN: yes
Relatable characters: less so than originally
Abuse/Rape: no
Violence: no
Ratio of sex/plot:even
Well written/editor needed: editor needed (see thoughts below)
Would I re-read?: No.
Personal thoughts:

There were two very good scenes in this book. One was a knife play scene in the middle and the other was a hilarious pirate role play toward the end. I think this book would have been better off if the authors had taken those two scenes and expanded them to create two short stories. I do like these characters, but this book was a huge disappointment for me. There was no real plot, the characters' problems were minor and were all basically solved by throwing money around. The rest was just filler.

I also think Bradford and Nikki should have gotten their own book. They've earned it, being the second main couple to this story.

5.0 out of 5 stars hot hot hot, March 31, 2014
This review is from: Safe Words, A Deviations Novel (Kindle Edition)
If these are you genre of books and this is your kind of kink .... READ THIS SERIES!!! They are awesome and lot of story and real character but still loads of hot stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved this series of books..., November 10, 2013
This review is from: Safe Words, A Deviations Novel (Kindle Edition)
I loved the first books of this series and really came to love the Noah and Tobias relationship. Tobias kept saying how much he loved Noah and would always put him first. I didn't like it when Phan joined their household to stay and was eventually collared. I was so hoping he would find a dom of his own. It seems the relationship between Noah and Tobias changed and Phan always seemed to come first in everything and Noah was a second thought. I was so disappointed. I wish another book would come out and give phan his own dom and follow up on the Bradford and Nikki relationship too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great series, September 21, 2013
This review is from: Safe Words, A Deviations Novel (Kindle Edition)
I loved this series, as this is the last book. I seen Noah COME to be who he is. TOBIAS, taking on a new sub. I loved the series, and this story.

Safe Words, A Deviations Novel