5,076 Reviews
 (3,973)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than I ever imagined!
Published 23 months ago by Joan M. Stevens

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent Mattress Cover, but Way Too Slippery!
Published on December 31, 2010 by A. Kennedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than I ever imagined!, January 7, 2013
We got this in anticipation of co-sleeping with our first baby. My husband (smart man) put it on a week before my due date just in case my water broke. Little did we know that I would have a precipitous labor (very fast) and we wouldn't even make it to the hospital. We delivered the baby with just the two of us and in the bed with this mattress topper. Birth is a very messy process. This saved our very expensive thermarest mattress! It is totally worth the money! Great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, April 7, 2011
This mattress protector has been put to the ultimate tests...a potty training toddler with the stomach flu! Let me just say, my mattress is still spotless :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, it's waterproof !, December 16, 2012
I'd read mixed reviews so upon receipt of this pad I conducted my own test: I opened the queen size pad and in one corner I draped the pad over a large stainless steel stock pot. Into the middle of the pad/pot, I poured 1/2 cup of warm water and waited. The terry cloth seemed to make the wet spot larger by soaking up the water. I pulled the pad tight to simulate a flat bed, then let the water pool in the middle of the pad for about 5 min. I carefully felt underneath the pad and it was dry. I soaked up the rest of the water with a paper towel. I looked in the stock pot and.....no water......I am going to post 3 pictures I took.

I am satisfied this is waterproof. I'll now wash according to the specific directions and conduct another test with the stock pot to see if this pad is still waterproof. Will post an update on the out come. So far it's what I want !

Forgot to post update: I did wash according to directions and dried on low with 2 twin sheets. It took a long time to dry !!! But once it dried, I tried the same "test" as outlined above and water did not seep through the terry cloth top. So it's on the bed now doing what it's supposed to do: catch my coffee spills when they happen ! (dogs jump on the bed when I have a cup of java in my hand......)

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good..., August 4, 2011
The last mattress protector I bought was a super cheap brand that reeked like a tire fire and made me sweat well into the winter months. Lasted about two years and then the plastic backing split and gave way, even though I never put these things in the dryer. So, I figured I'd aim for something higher quality this time, even if it did cost a bit more.

So far this is what I was looking for: It doesn't smell of plastic (didn't even when I first took it out of the package), the backing seems to be attached better to the cover, and the corners haven't popped off the mattress in the middle of the night like my previous one would. It's contained a few small spills already, so I would vouch for its effectiveness within reason.

The caveats? I didn't realize that there really is no foam padding in it. It's about the thickness (and terry-cloth texture) of a beach towel. That's not a deal-breaker for me, but if you want padding--be advised. I don't dry it in the dryer (just let it hang dry), so I can't comment on how well it would hold up under that treatment.

All in all, it meets my expectations and I'm pretty happy with it. If it lasts longer than two years, then it'll be a five star product as far as I'm concerned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I Wanted It To Do It Does, May 17, 2012
As usual, I consulted the Amazon reviewers before ordering this mattress cover. This was the only cover that met all my requirements. First, waterproof. My sister visits regularly with her two little dogs, and though the small amount of liquid they produce has never made it all the way through to my mattress, I now enjoy the sight of the two darling dogs curled up on my guest bed a lot more. Second, I live in one of the allergy capitals of the world, and I wanted a good allergy cover. It works well for this. Third, washable. It's been washed in hot water and dried on medium a number of times and has remained waterproof. It will come out of the washer with pockets of water trapped in it, so you have to uncurl it and let the water drain out before putting it in the dryer. Several reviewers mentioned that their different brand of cover split after washing and drying. This one has not ripped. Fourth, doesn't make the sleeper sweaty. Since I haven't been through a summer with it yet, I don't know for sure, but some of the reviewers mentioned that it doesn't make them feel hot. So far I've found this to be true. I do use a cotton mattress pad between it and the bottom sheet. Fifth, it doesn't smell like plastic. Its fabric is soft and flexible, and doesn't make noise. I'm very pleased with this mattress cover. I'm glad I found it.

Update: I've been using the two covers I bought for almost two years now. They get washed in hot water and dried in the dryer. They have not split or gotten stiff and crunchy. They still feel nice to the touch and the fabric is strong and intact. They're holding up very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Protects bed well and works fairly well for bed wetters, December 21, 2011
We use bed protectors for all our beds and this one works well. We use it also on our childs bed who still wets the bed. It has blocked it out all but one time. Although I would prefer a protector that always works, I have yet to find one. This one appears to work a little better than other ones we have tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mattress cover, February 21, 2011
This product is as presented. I washed it before use and it laundered well and did not shrink. The size is ample for a 15 inch mattress. It is soft and quite, no crackly sound. Easy to put on a heavy mattress with all around elastic. I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, February 22, 2011
I have been using the matress pad now for several months. It is not too hot on the bed, and it really is water resistant. Koolaid doesn't even get through.

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent Mattress Cover, but Way Too Slippery!, December 31, 2010
This review is from: King Size SafeRest Premium Hypoallergenic Waterproof Mattress Protector - Vinyl Free (Kitchen)
This mattress cover does the job, and the quality seems fine, but it is driving me crazy! It is very slippery and slides under the sheets just about every night! Even my deep-pocket sheets will not stay secured to my bed, as a result! Now I have to go spend another $18 or so for Sheet Suspenders just to solve that problem! Very frustrating... I'd go with another brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, July 10, 2010
My husband and I purchased SafeRest mattress protectors for all the mattresses in our home to protect our mattresses from stains and allergens. Our two daughter have asthma and had been told that these may help. The mattress store we purchased our beds from had these, but they were over $80 a piece, which seemed a bit much given we were buying 3 protectors. The material is nice and thin so you can't notice it's there and it doesn't make any noise. The terry is also nice. My daughters appear to have benefited from the protectors so far. We wash them about every two weeks to kill the dust mites and they fit the mattresses very well. We are very pleased with this purchase and wanted to share a review.