Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.72 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.78 shipping
Safer Brand 51702 Diatomaceous Earth - Bed Bug, Ant and Crawling Insect Killer, 4-Pound Bag
|Price:||$13.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$5.00 (26%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Diatomaceous earth-based powder is a highly effective ant killer; 4-pound resealable bag
- Kills insects by ingestion/dehydration within 48 hours indoors or outdoors
- Also for Bed Bugs, cockroach, earwig, silverfish, crickets, millipedes and centipede control
- Insects cannot develop a resistance to it since there are no chemicals to build immunity from
- OMRI Listed and USDA-approved for organic gardening
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
- and more...
Safer Brand Diatomaceous Earth Powder And, Crawling Insect and Bed Bug Killer - 4 lb. Bag
Leave Crawling Insects in the Dust
Safer Brand Diatomaceous Earth is a naturally-derived powder-like product, specifically toxic to crawling insects. This versatile, dual-action formula kills a wide range of insects by dehydration, two ways: by touch and by ingestion. Safer Brand Diatomaceous Earth is chemical-free and can be applied indoors and outdoors: simply sprinkle the powder across infested areas, making sure to cover every crack and crevice where insects may travel. It will begin to work in just minutes and completely kill crawling insects in as little as 48 hours.
The Safer Brand Approach to Insect Control
This long-trusted insect killer allows you to get rid of insect pests indoors and outdoors without the need for harmful chemicals. Made with food-grade diatomaceous earth, this insect killer is OMRI listed and approved for organic gardening - so you can apply it around your home and garden with confidence.
Naturally-Derived Dust Kills From the Inside and Out
Safer Brand Diatomaceous Earth (D.E.) is composed of crushed fossilized fresh-water algae - aka diatoms. While soft to a human’s touch, D.E. particles have microscopic, razor-sharp edges that effectively penetrate and cut open an insect’s delicate exoskeleton to dehydrate it from the outside. D.E. is also very dry and porous, so when an insect ingests the powder, it quickly absorbs the insect’s moisture and dries it out from the inside. As long as the product remains dry, it remains effective. What’s more, because there are no chemicals in Safer Brand Diatomaceous Earth, insects cannot grow immune to it - you’ll never have to switch insect-killers again.
Sprinkle Directly Where Insects Live and Breed:
Kitchens and Living Areas
Coat a thin layer of dust underneath and behind appliances, furniture, doorways, windowsills and other cracks and hiding places around the home.
Attics, Basements and Garages
Apply in every nook and cranny of infested areas to completely eradicate insects and end the breeding cycle.
Beds and Mattresses
Dust onto every inch and crevice of your bed and mattress to kill off bedbugs.
Exteriors, Patios and More
Use in outdoor areas along entryways and exterior windows to kill insects before they enter the home.
The Safer Brand Philosophy
One of the world leaders in organic insect control, organic plant disease control and organic gardening products for over 20 years, Safer Brand is dedicated to offer the broadest and deepest selection of quality insect control and plant disease control products at competitive prices.
Caution: Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes.Avoid breathing dust. Use adequate ventilation. Wear suitable dust mask when using this product during prolonged exposure.
Top Customer Reviews
We admire the fact that you took the time to provide such a detailed and helpful review, about your experience in eliminating bedbugs with the help of our product. The Safer® Brand Diatomaceous Earth-Bed Bug, Ant, and Crawling Insect Killer (model 5168) is an effective and poison-free way to kill various crawling insects in your home. You can also continue applying the product in previously affected areas, to uphold and maintain full protection from any insects that may attempt another invasion. If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-855-7-ORGANIC (1-855-767-4264).
Consumer Relations Representative
Anyway, here's the important stuff:
1) I had bed bugs (confirmed by spotting them). The very same week I put this stuff down, I stopped getting bites. I assume it worked.
2) When I put it down, I focused on (a) where the floor boards meet the wall; (b) all corners; (c) behind and underneath all furniture; and (d) around, but not in, my bed. For the first two weeks, I also spread diatomaceous earth thinly over the whole floor at night, and swept it up in the morning.
3) I did not completely clean up all of it for months. Actually, there's probably a lot still hidden under furniture. This is important because my roommates removed the diamaceous earth from their floors after two weeks and started getting bites again. They repeated this several times before they got serious.
4) We have two cats. Neither of them seemed bothered by the diatomaceous earth, despite the warnings on the label. Likewise, I expect a feline to be worse for any chemicals the exterminator might use (just going off intuition). Of course, warning labels exist for a reason, so proceed at your own risk. Maybe you or your cat are different.
5) Diatomaceous earth gets everywhere once you put it down. You will inevitably breathe some of it, and it tastes like chalk, or perhaps essence of staleness. It was a negligible irritation, contrasted with getting bitten by bed bugs every night. It will also get on your clothes. If you beat/slap your clothes, it comes right out.
In closing, I now recommend diatomaceous earth to everyone, especially college students. And if you are considering buying this, you can't possibly be going through a great time right now. So, I wish you good luck and Godspeed.
The first application, I just left for about 2-3 days, (btw, I'd already noticed that it seemed to be working at this point). Then I vacuumed it all up, making sure that the vacuum cleaner contents were properly disposed of, and I even cleaned all the hoses, nozzles of the vacuum completely afterwards; then did an equally thorough re-application of the DE. About 2 more days went by, & 'no more bedbugs'! I wanted to make absolutely sure, so I did another vacuuming/ re-application. All together, it was maybe 5-7 days, total, and they were completely gone... for good. This stuff is a God-send, in my opinion. I used the Safer brand from Ace Hardware, as well. *.Note: another thing I found out while I was doing this, was that Windex (or rather, 'ammonia window cleaner') was great for if I actually came across a living bedbug... one light 'spritz' of the ammonia mist would instantly immobilize and kill them on the spot, I discovered.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I don't think it worked for us. we did not have bed bugs, turned out it was fleas and carpet beetles but nothing changed after sprinkling this for few days and leaving like that.Published 7 days ago by Sam
Product is useless against bed bugs and ants they crawl all over this stuff and still don't die would not recommend it's a waste of moneyPublished 7 days ago by Ken6094
I have used Safer DE for years, the first time was to kill fungus gnats that had taken up residence in some potted plants, and it worked when nothing else would. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Bama Bushcraft
This was brought for the silverfish problem I had and it solved my issue.Published 14 days ago by iciconnect
I know someone who lives in a men only single room housing aka cubicle rooms and the whole building is infested with bed bugs. Read morePublished 17 days ago by Do the right thing