5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my ficus.
Published on December 22, 2007 by Tiny Yogini

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
The product does not work as advertized on White Fly. I have applied is a number of times, without success or even a decrease in the white fly.
Published 19 months ago by F. Meiners

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my ficus., December 22, 2007
My poor ficus was being eaten by mealybugs and I didn't know what the problem was for a long time. After doing some research, I found this product. I used it a couple of times, but my plant was pretty infested, so it didn't eradicate them right away. You need to do subsequent treatments once a week. I finally trimmed the heck out of it and sprayed again. So far, so good. My plant is bare, but with lots of baby shoots and I'm happy it survived.

5.0 out of 5 stars Benign Insect Killer, May 27, 2010
Amazon Customer (Pasadena, MD United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Safer Brand Insect Killing Soap, 32 oz. (Lawn & Patio)
I've used insect killing soap for at least five years, this being the second year I've used the Safer brand. This product is a good choice for those gardeners who don't like using toxic chemicals that may leave behind residual ingredients harmful to birds, pets and groundwater.

I've used the Safer successfully on roses, vines, tomato plants, and potato plants. The product label says that Safer can be used within one day of harvest. Once we had a wasp building a nest on our front porch and a freaked out Mrs. Spudman insisted I do something. A bottle of Safer just happened to be on the porch so I sprayed the hornet with the Killing Soap. Within a minute the hornet was dead. On the same porch we also had a horde of ants coming up through a joint. Again I doused the little pests with the insecticical soap and killed hundreds of them within seconds. When another horde appeared a few days later, they got the same treatment.

When using the Safer soap, be sure to wet the leaves thoroughly above and under. If possible spray directly on the insect for better results. Last year when we had an infestation of gypsy moth caterpillars, direct shots of insect killing soap made short work of hundreds of those leaf devouring pests.

4.0 out of 5 stars Safer's Insect killing soap spray, October 2, 2009
Cynthia Robutka (WEATHERFORD, TEXAS United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Safer Brand Insect Killing Soap, 32 oz. (Lawn & Patio)
This product works great and is safe on plants and vegetables. Will not harm humans or pets. Because it is premixed it does not last long I reccomend the concentrate as it lasts a lot longer with you adding a small amount of the product and mixing with water. Great product and it really work.

5.0 out of 5 stars got the scale of false aralia instantly, October 12, 2010
This review is from: Safer Brand Insect Killing Soap, 32 oz. (Lawn & Patio)
I've been using soap solution, but that dries out the leaves, and the scale comes back. Used this and scales dropped that afternoon, haven't come back, no harm to the leaves,

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, March 4, 2013
This review is from: Safer Brand Insect Killing Soap, 32 oz. (Lawn & Patio)
This stuff works great. It's easy on plants and tough on bugs. Got this for spider mites and it worked quite well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe and VERY EFFECTIVE!!!, March 18, 2011
This review is from: Safer Brand Insect Killing Soap, 32 oz. (Lawn & Patio)
I had an infestation of aphids on my water plants that I have in my greenhouse. I was worried about spraying them because they are planted in the tank I use as a filter for my aquarium. But since it was safe I chanced it. Now when I say I had an infestation I mean, I've never seen so many aphids! they were killing my Water hyacinth really fast! I sprayed VERY liberally and hope for the best. I know for a fact I got a lot in the water. Overnight the aphids were ALL DEAD!!! I couldn't believe it! every single one was frozen where it was. This spray like stuck them to the leaf and killed them. Its been a week since I've sprayed and they are all still dead and the fish are just fine and so are all of my aquarium plants and other plants I sprayed in the green house! I love this stuff!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works just fine for me, June 1, 2013
M. Finn (Orlando, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Safer Brand Insect Killing Soap, 32 oz. (Lawn & Patio)
I'm glad I waited to do this review. A month ago it would have been three or 4 stars. In Florida the insect abound. I sprayed my Zucchini once a week and couldn't tell if it was working. I could still find aphids and their larvae, as well as squash bugs on the plants. This year I was determined though, so I kept spraying.
Well over the past couple weeks I have yet to see a squash bug, which were my biggest problem last year, I never saw a single borer worm this season, which killed 4 nice squash last year (hey I only have 5 plants so 4 squash is a big deal to me), however i still see aphids.
This past 2 weeks though, I saw the spray work on the aphids instantly. I caught a herd of them on a leaf and sprayed them directly and they died on contact. So this stuff works. I think maybe the life cycle of the aphids require more frequent spraying to eliminate them.
Best news of all, I inadvertently spayed 2 lady bugs, and as far as I could tell they were unaffected. So I have to believe the sprays claim that it kills the listed bugs and leaves beneficial ones alone. Still wouldn't recommend soaking the beneficial bugs, cause it sure can't be good for them.
Anyway, a highly recommend from me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Killed Whiteflies on My Orchids, March 6, 2013
This review is from: Safer Brand Insect Killing Soap, 32 oz. (Lawn & Patio)
I purchased this as a backup method to my white fly problem. I ordered some ladybugs that did a great job but then flew away when the food was gone. After I used this when the flies returned and it did a GREAT job killing those little pests. My orchids and other plants seem unaffected by this product and have done well. I did some research and found that other orchid owners also use it on their plants.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works pretty well on aphids, June 6, 2011
This review is from: Safer Brand Insect Killing Soap, 32 oz. (Lawn & Patio)
Been using it on some broccoli and cabbage plants infested with aphids, Works pretty well but I keep having to reapply. Controls the population.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, April 30, 2013
This review is from: Safer Brand Insect Killing Soap, 32 oz. (Lawn & Patio)

Safer Brand Insect Killing Soap, 32 oz.
$12.99 $7.99