5.0 out of 5 stars was in car accident with it
Published on December 29, 2011 by chelseyadele

1.0 out of 5 stars price is its best feature
Let me begin with I had a Chicco infant carrier. The base is really easy to install, remove and reinstall (5 minutes tops) My mom purchased 2 of the Alphas for my son as a gift (we need 4 seats $$) I just installed 2 of them. These seats are why carseats are not installed correctly. My (big!) Britek Advocate went in my sedan without any problems-rearfacing. The Alphas do...
Published 9 months ago by mommyofsixfeet

5.0 out of 5 stars was in car accident with it, December 29, 2011
This review is from: Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat, Lamont (Baby Product)
this seat is amazing, yes it can be a chore to clean and it is large in comparison to other seats but its size only makes more comfort for child. my son is 16 months old and last week we were in a major auto accident totaled our car and an electric pole went into our car next to my sons car seat. He was okay only a small bruise from the impact pushing the seat belt into his skin. The Emts could not get over how great the seat protected him we hit the pole going 70 mph and i was told he should of been hurt pretty badly but his car seat saved him. One of the Emts even said he was going to buy the same seat for his child after seeing it save my sons life. I am very lucky in my opinion i had this seat and seems to me the emts thought so too

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3yr old walked away from a head on crash because of this car seat!!!!!, October 9, 2012
This is the 1st review I have ever felt compelled to leave. I purchased this car seat a little less than a year ago and have been very pleased with it and then a few days ago I was struck head on by a drunk driver traveling at about 50 mph and my 3yr old son walked away from the crash completely unharmed. I can not tell you how thankful I am that he was uninjured and that his car seat performed exactly as it should have if I could give this car seat 10 stars I would I have already ordered another one to replace the one that was involved in the accident.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant beat it for the price, March 24, 2014
Safety First makes a couple different styles of this particular car seat but they are all basically the same and pretty much every major store has one of their designs (even Walmart). For the price, you really cant beat these things. If you want a convertible car seat but you are on a budget, you are going to be hard pressed to something as comfortable and long-lasting.
I know some people complain about these car seats being a little big but that's because they are supposed to last until your child is ready to be out of a car seat entirely. For that kind of versatility, you're going to sacrifice some space. For the most part, it's really only an issue if you have it rear-facing. We put in the middle of our back seat (the safest spot in your car) and didn't have too much of a problem, even in our Honda Accord. Once it is forward facing, you really don't have the space issue. But the way the seat is designed, it may be a bit of a pain to recline the seat once it's all strapped in. I just always leave it reclined since it never seemed to bother either of my sons. Also, if you are transferring it back and forth from one car to the next, it is not a light seat. Although, this was never really a minus for me since that means its also not a flimsy piece of junk plastic.
At first, the seat can be a bit of a pain to get in and out of a car and the LATCH strap may seem short (usually this is because you are using the wrong belt path) but once you get used to it, it's no problem at all. I like that the belt goes inside the seat to secure it. It makes me feel like the belt will keep it and my child in the car no matter what. There is even a belt along the back of the seat for bucket seats. When everything is strapped the way it's supposed to be, the seat does not wiggle.
The thing I like best is that this seat in particular has a cover that comes off pretty easy. It's machine washable too so if there is any mess (my youngest had the magic ability to get his seat messy once a day) it's not a huge hassle to take the cover off.
Overall, this is the seat I have liked the best after 6 or 7 different seats with my two boys. It offers families on a budget the opportunity to keep their baby in the harness buckles as recommended for as long as they possibly can without breaking the bank. It is fully convertible and adjustable to accommodate children from 0 to 100 lbs. Most other seats that make that claim are three times this price and way outside of the normal persons budget.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tips for Rear-Facing Installation (in a small vehicle), January 3, 2013
This car seat is a fantastic product at an amazing price (at the time we purchased it in 11/2012 it was $110). While researching a car seat for our first child, my husband and I were excited about the prospect of the Alpha Omega Elite's three-way conversion but were dismayed when we could not figure out how to install it rear-facing without being excessively wobbly, no matter what we tried.

So after 5+ hours of researching online, reading manuals and watching online instructional videos on YouTube (such as the one for the Safety 1st Complete Air, which is **NOT** the same model but still offers a visual for parents like us who have never installed a car seat before), my husband set out towards our car with determination in his eyes!

Before we begin, here's some facts about our installation of an Alpha Omega Elite in "Lamont":

* Our car is a 2004 Chevrolet Caviler (4-door)

* We used the LATCH system. Our car does not offer the LATCH system in the middle backseat, so we had to put it behind the passenger's seat. My husband also attempted the seatbelt installation in the middle, but he could not tighten it properly because the belt was quite stubborn and kept twisting after being thread through the carseat.

* Upon first attempt it was installed behind the driver's seat, but due to our car's size that required the driver's seat to be pushed up all the way. This made it extremely difficult to move between the pedals, and we felt like that posed a hazard we weren't willing to take (especially when driving around our little one)!

Rear-Facing Installation Tips w/ LATCH
--------------------------------------

* Read your car's owner's manual and the Safety 1st instructions. We did not know until reading our car's manual that a 2004 Caviler does not offer LATCH in the middle backseat.

* Make sure your car is on level ground.

* Use a rolled up towel/blanket, as suggested in the manual. Ours was the size of CD once rolled-up.

* Connect the LATCH hooks as instructed.

* Consider putting an object/tool through the tightening loop to help provide grip/leverage as you pull on the straps to tighten them. My husband used the handle of his groove joint pliers, similar to these: Stanley 84-024 10-Inch Bi-Material Groove Joint Pliers.

* As you tighten, put as much of your weight as possible on the carseat. My husband tried using his knee, but ultimately just used his hand due to lack of space in our backseat.

* My husband then used the head of his groove joint pliers to give one more good pull. While pulling, he also shifted the carseat side to side while still making sure to apply weight. This allowed him to achieve additional tightness.

* Check for movement/wobbliness. Ours will not even budge at the belt path after my husband applied the above methods. Threading the handle of the pliers though the loop seemed to be what helped him most. He just couldn't get a good enough handle on it with bare hands.

Additional Thoughts
-------------------

Make no mistake -- installing this car seat requires A LOT of patience and you will probably lose your wits before it's in, but keep trying. Even though we are satisfied with how it is installed now we still plan to have the installation looked at by a NHTSA-certified inspector [...], just to ease our minds. Please consider doing the same, since according to AAA almost 75% of carseats are not installed properly these days.

We hope these tips help ease parent frustrations. Good luck installing your Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite!

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be HAPPIER!!!!, September 15, 2010
I always like to check reviews first before buying any product. And there are always the bad reviews that stick out and I always wonder if the product is ACTUALLY a bad product or if the people that posted them are...well, you know!!! I loved this car seat from the beginning and just decided to bite the bullet and get it. I couldn't be happier with my decision right now. It is a wonderful car seat!! I read some reviews saying that it is heavy and bulky. It's not at all. It has the perfect amount of bulk to keep my baby safe, and ultimately, isn't that the reason they are in it to begin with! And a bunch of people said it was too big to fit in their car. I have one of the smallest cars on the planet(2 door Saturn Coupe) and it fits fine in my backseat. I can see how it may be a problem rear facing in a small vehicle, but forward facing, it's perfect. The only minor complaint I have is that the harness attaches underneath the car seat and it's a little difficult to get at, because you can't see where you're grabbing. You just have to feel around to unhook the straps. But once I got it unhooked, it was super easy to get it back together. And that didn't distract me from giving it five stars, because the rest of the perks, far outweight that ONE tiny flaw. And also, I read some reviews that stated how the directions were unclear. That's a load...there is step by step directions for everything that you could possibly do with this car seat. I love the arm rests and cup holder, and I love that you can adjust the height of the head part without taking the car seat out. So overall, I am extremely pleased that I didn't let a few bad reviews stop me. My two year old told me he likes his new car seat better than his old one, because it has a very plush pillow that he says is "Very soft, Mommy"!! So from the point of the kid sitting in the car seat...this was a GREAT buy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars SAVED OUR SON'S LIFE!, January 16, 2012
Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat

I've never been a big review writer but this car seat deserves a rave review! We were in a rollover accident on the interstate last night, and this seat saved our 20 month old son's life. Not one bump or bruise! The straps are super simple to adjust, the seat is easy to clean. The recline option was an awesome feature when our son was smaller and the adjustable head rest is hard to beat. For the amount of time your child will spend in a carseat this one is hard to beat! Simply put I'll buy this seat million times over!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome seat, Now own 3 of this brand, August 23, 2010
I read the reviews on this seat before making our THIRD purchase. I don't understand some of them. They say this isn't the seat found at BRU, but I don't know what they are talking about unless they are confused between the child convertible seat and booster seat. Those are two different styles and Amazon sells both.

So to start, we purchased this exact model, different pattern, before our daughter was born in 2008 and used it for our nieces and loved it. At the time it had only been used forward facing and we had no installation difficulties. Then we purchased another seat, same model, different pattern, in 2009 after she was born and outgrew her child seat. This way we'd have one for our two vehicles. It took us FOREVER to figure out how to install it properly in our small CRV rear-facing. I really wish I'd have read consumer reports first. Then I would have known to REMOVE THE BASE FIRST. The base is not necessary and it makes it a ton easier to install in smaller vehicles when you take it off. So after three tries and a couple hours later we had it installed. My daughter loves the seat, is comfortable and the seat can grow with her. Fastforward, we now have a son and he quickly outgrew his infant seat. For our sakes we purchased this seat again (from Amazon), Triton pattern, and it took us all of 5 minutes to install now that we are seasoned pros and knew to take the base off for rear-facing installation. We then turned our daughter forward facing at the same time, we also removed the base from her seat and it made it a better fit in our CRV. So, the moral of the story, read the reviews, pick up a few hints for installation, and install a great quality, safe car seat for your child(ren). We've purchased 3 of this model and if need be we would do it again in a heartbeat.

Sidenote: The Triton color is brighter than the picture depicts, and I LOVE it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely protected son, September 16, 2014
Was in a major car accident with it. Car was going 75 mph, flipped 3.5 times landing us on our roof. Car was crushed on every surface and we sustained medium level injuries. Our 11 month old son didn't have a scratch. We've already ordered it again, thank you for making this carseat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just bought another one, November 19, 2012
This is the 2nd Alpha Omega Elite we've purchased. The first is still in use and holding up great, just needed another one for my husband's car and saw they were on sale. Anyway, I've had the first for 7 months now and have zero major complaints. In fact the only thing I can think of that's gone "wrong" is that the fabric is beginning to pill a bit where the back of my son's legs rub. This has been a very sturdy yet comfortable little seat. I would recommend it to anyone. I paid $165 for the first in green/black and jumped on the orange/black when Amazon had it on sale for $115. The first is in a Subaru Forester (smallish SUV) and the 2nd will go in a Mustang. It fits comfortably in both vehicles (forward facing).

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, February 3, 2012
I love this car seat! I have 2, one for my Trailblazer and one for my Camry. We have it rear-facing at the moment. I have 3 minor issues or it would be a 5 star rating. ~1~The LATCH system is hard to use and make it snug-so in the Camry we opted to use the seat belt, whereas in the Trailblazer we used the LATCH. ~2~In the Camry there is a center armrest that folds down; because the car seat is rear-facing the base of the car seat pushes down on it making the center arm rest fold down an inch or two-not touching my son at all-he can't grab to touch it in any way, it is just super annoying seeing it. ~3~To remove the infant headrest the shoulder straps come off the "splitter plate." It didn't really make sense of what that was in the instructions. It took me a few minutes to figure it out. (ALSO, a LARGE towel is needed for the Trailblazer to make it level, and a medium sized one is needed for the Camry)

I am sure with it being forward-facing I will rate it a 5 star.

I bought this item from Miss Tracy's. I LOVED them. They are super speedy, kind, and generous. Got it for a GREAT price too!! I will definitely be purchasing from them again.

Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Car Seat, Lamont