5.0 out of 5 stars was in car accident with it
Published on December 29, 2011 by chelseyadele

3.0 out of 5 stars Car seat
I was under the impression it tilted further back, but overall pretty happy. A few towels under the front solved our issue.
Published 3 months ago by Jeff Rice

5.0 out of 5 stars was in car accident with it, December 29, 2011
This review is from: Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite 3 in 1 Convertible Car Seat, Lamont (Baby Product)
this seat is amazing, yes it can be a chore to clean and it is large in comparison to other seats but its size only makes more comfort for child. my son is 16 months old and last week we were in a major auto accident totaled our car and an electric pole went into our car next to my sons car seat. He was okay only a small bruise from the impact pushing the seat belt into his skin. The Emts could not get over how great the seat protected him we hit the pole going 70 mph and i was told he should of been hurt pretty badly but his car seat saved him. One of the Emts even said he was going to buy the same seat for his child after seeing it save my sons life. I am very lucky in my opinion i had this seat and seems to me the emts thought so too

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3yr old walked away from a head on crash because of this car seat!!!!!, October 9, 2012
This is the 1st review I have ever felt compelled to leave. I purchased this car seat a little less than a year ago and have been very pleased with it and then a few days ago I was struck head on by a drunk driver traveling at about 50 mph and my 3yr old son walked away from the crash completely unharmed. I can not tell you how thankful I am that he was uninjured and that his car seat performed exactly as it should have if I could give this car seat 10 stars I would I have already ordered another one to replace the one that was involved in the accident.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tips for Rear-Facing Installation (in a small vehicle), January 3, 2013
This car seat is a fantastic product at an amazing price (at the time we purchased it in 11/2012 it was $110). While researching a car seat for our first child, my husband and I were excited about the prospect of the Alpha Omega Elite's three-way conversion but were dismayed when we could not figure out how to install it rear-facing without being excessively wobbly, no matter what we tried.

So after 5+ hours of researching online, reading manuals and watching online instructional videos on YouTube (such as the one for the Safety 1st Complete Air, which is **NOT** the same model but still offers a visual for parents like us who have never installed a car seat before), my husband set out towards our car with determination in his eyes!

Before we begin, here's some facts about our installation of an Alpha Omega Elite in "Lamont":

* Our car is a 2004 Chevrolet Caviler (4-door)

* We used the LATCH system. Our car does not offer the LATCH system in the middle backseat, so we had to put it behind the passenger's seat. My husband also attempted the seatbelt installation in the middle, but he could not tighten it properly because the belt was quite stubborn and kept twisting after being thread through the carseat.

* Upon first attempt it was installed behind the driver's seat, but due to our car's size that required the driver's seat to be pushed up all the way. This made it extremely difficult to move between the pedals, and we felt like that posed a hazard we weren't willing to take (especially when driving around our little one)!

Rear-Facing Installation Tips w/ LATCH
--------------------------------------

* Read your car's owner's manual and the Safety 1st instructions. We did not know until reading our car's manual that a 2004 Caviler does not offer LATCH in the middle backseat.

* Make sure your car is on level ground.

* Use a rolled up towel/blanket, as suggested in the manual. Ours was the size of CD once rolled-up.

* Connect the LATCH hooks as instructed.

* Consider putting an object/tool through the tightening loop to help provide grip/leverage as you pull on the straps to tighten them. My husband used the handle of his groove joint pliers, similar to these: Stanley 84-024 10-Inch Bi-Material Groove Joint Pliers.

* As you tighten, put as much of your weight as possible on the carseat. My husband tried using his knee, but ultimately just used his hand due to lack of space in our backseat.

* My husband then used the head of his groove joint pliers to give one more good pull. While pulling, he also shifted the carseat side to side while still making sure to apply weight. This allowed him to achieve additional tightness.

* Check for movement/wobbliness. Ours will not even budge at the belt path after my husband applied the above methods. Threading the handle of the pliers though the loop seemed to be what helped him most. He just couldn't get a good enough handle on it with bare hands.

Additional Thoughts
-------------------

Make no mistake -- installing this car seat requires A LOT of patience and you will probably lose your wits before it's in, but keep trying. Even though we are satisfied with how it is installed now we still plan to have the installation looked at by a NHTSA-certified inspector [...], just to ease our minds. Please consider doing the same, since according to AAA almost 75% of carseats are not installed properly these days.

We hope these tips help ease parent frustrations. Good luck installing your Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite!

3.0 out of 5 stars Car seat, April 13, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall it's pretty good, but there are a few things I dislike..., June 26, 2011
The things I don't like are:
1) It didn't work with our LATCH system. For some reason, it doesn't reach (at least this is what my husband said).
2) When rear facing, it sat up too high and the instructions suggest you wedge something between the seat and the car seat so the line on the side is level with the street. It seems really weird to me, but I guess it's alright if you check it alot to make sure it is still secure and tight.
3) On our infant seat, the straps were instantly and easily adjustable every time we put her in the seat, which just makes it so much easier. This seat, you can adjust it, but it is a huge pain to readjust it everytime, so I usually just don't loosen it before undoing the straps to take her out and then make sure they are snug enough after I put her back in.

Otherwise, it seems very secure and well made. Good seat for the money. Especially since we got it on sale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really happy!, September 2, 2011
I really like my new Safety !st Alpha Omega Elite 3 in 1 Convertible Car Seat. I think this is a seat that can be bought since day one. My baby girl just turned 1 and she is quite big, so I installed it front facing, but I guess that for newborns until 1 year the rear facing will work just fine. It was really easy to install, did it all by myself no help needed!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality seat, difficult to install rear facing, August 31, 2013
Gagewyn (United States) - See all my reviews
This was my newborn's going home seat that we got before he was born for my husband's car. For my car, we got a more conventional rear facing infant seat that detaches from the base so you have a baby carrier as well. That's my entire experience with car seats. Here is my experience with the Safety First Omega car seat so far:

Difficult to install rear facing: There are two issues here. One issue is the seat is all one piece unlike seats that detach from the base. So, as you move the straps through to connect to your car's LATCH system, you have to deal with the entire seat being in your way. You also have to thread the straps through holes that you will only be able to see by crouching, and squatting inside your car. The kinds of car seats that have a base and detachable carrier don't have this issue, since you just thread straps through a base, the seat isn't in your way, and it's easier on those other seats to see what you are doing because the top layer is stripped off. The second issue is that the seat is super wobbly when installed rear facing, unless you use rolled up towels to wedge under it (the installation instructions say to do this). It's frustrating to have to reattach and detach the seat several times, as you wedge different sized towel rolls under the seat, reattach the seat, then test the wobble to see whether you guessed right about what size towel you need. That second issue would not be the case for a forward facing installation.

Hard to adjust straps for baby's size: On leaving the hospital, we had to readjust the straps to fit the baby. This took about 20 minutes to figure out how to do. It was easy once we figured out what button we were supposed to push, but the owner's manual was not so clearly written, and we disconnected then reconnected a lot of different parts of the seat before finding the correct button.

Seat looks comfortable for baby: Once the baby was in the seat, he looked pretty comfortable. He also had been fussing a lot while leaving the hospital and didn't fuss on the drive home. The seat comes with a bumper to go around the head of small babies, and this kept his head from flopping around or tipping to the side. And, since it came with the seat, I know it is safety tested and won't be a suffocation risk. If I were going on a long trip with a drive of more than 45 minutes, then absolutely I would use this seat. Our other seat does not have neck support which makes it a bad option for longer car rides. This one is great.

Easy to strap baby in: After adjusting the straps to fit the baby, it was very easy to put him in and out of the seat. This is important, because you will need to do this every time you make a stop with the car.

Not having a detachable baby carrier bothers me: The most inconvenient thing about this seat with an infant is that the seat is all one piece and there isn't a removable carrier portion. I thought I didn't want one, and would use a baby sling, but after trying that out, I really want the detachable carrier. With a detachable carrier, baby stays asleep if he's sleeping, and finding a sling that is easy to get baby in and out of safely is harder than I thought it would be. Even if you think you don't want a detachable seat to act as a carrier, rethink that if it is your first child. The detachable seat carrier is very convenient, especially not waking baby up when you arrive at a destination, and having somewhere to keep baby if you get a follow up exam, which you will have to do.

Hospital may or may not check that this seat is properly installed: Supposedly, at the hospital I went to, they check that you have a car seat and it is properly installed. Really, they will help you adjust the carrier portion of a detachable seat, if you bring it into the hospital with you. With a seat that is fixed in your car, they wouldn't help with the seat. This bothered me a little, because I hadn't taken the seat to a fire station or elsewhere, where the state will have someone look at the seat and check that it is installed correctly.

Overall, this is a good quality seat. If you have a child who is old enough for front facing, then this is an excellent choice. If you have an infant or small child who needs rear facing, then look at seats specific to that age range. It was difficult to install this rear facing, and seats with a detachable baby carrier are much more convenient with a newborn or infant.

5.0 out of 5 stars great car seat!, June 11, 2014
I was reluctant at first about this seat but was given this to replace another seat. After being in a serious accident that totaled our taurus and left my son's dad and I with whiplash and a pinched nerve, this seat left our son with no scratches no bruises. He was absolutely perfectly fine. We are now looking into getting a new one to replace his crashed one.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect fit, October 24, 2011
i bought this as a our second car seat for my six month old, it took 5 min to install . Should of bought it in the first place. Kid loved it, tilts perfect for him to sleep and was able to get it in a 10 year old car. Price was great and the quality was the same as the first car seat i paid for at twice the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great car seat, October 7, 2011
This car seat is great. It reclines and all and is just great. I like the cup holder and armrest. My son loves it. But the instructions are horrible. Great product.

Rate and Discover Movies