Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on August 3, 2006
This booster was given to me by my mother-in-law for my 13-month old son. I don't care for this one at all. The straps (to hold the seat onto the chair) loosen and they don't stay put. I turned my head to finish preparing his breakfast and he was (still intact in the seat but...) dangling off the front of the chair. The headrest doesn't even stay on seat-it continuously fell off (for the short time we used the seat). I would not recommend this one.
on November 14, 2006
I bought this because I already have an older child in a high chair and thought this would be better than another high chair sitting around. I was wrong. The tray has a seperate plastic piece that holds it on so it can swing away on one side without detaching. That piece immediately broke off. It's only on there with a screw and the screw stripped right out of it. I have tried super glue with the screw and it just won't stay on. Not to mention that my 9 month old, 25 lb. child is too thick for it. I can't even hardly put the tray on because it's too tight on his belly.

Worthless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on January 26, 2010
I use this for my now 12 mo.daughter who is 241bs. It's good for the price, the opening for their legs is not tight unlike the fitted ones where your child needs to have small legs. The tray itself has 2 positions so your child will fit comfortably. My daughter still has a pot belly and I am on the closest lock to her, still ample room. The straps are long enough to put on any chair and easy to adjust. The cons are the tray does not completly detach, it swings out so you cann't take it and clean it under the sink. Also my child likes to rock forward very hard and although the seat itself is strapped down, it still allows her to rock forward some - very annoying but she thinks it's funny. If you want something inexpensive and don't mind not being able to detach the tray, it works great. If I were to buy another one, I would chose one where the tray comes out for easy cleaning but decided against that because I was originally afraid she would take it out and dump everything.
on March 12, 2010
This chair is too small.
The tray is too small for a plate, the straps are too short to snap easily between the legs. It is difficult to get a wiggly toddler in this seat. This chair is only good for about 3 months (8-11 months of age). I have purchased a new seat. The Fisher price is easy, has a large tray, and long straps between the legs. Do not buy this chair.
on September 8, 2010
I bought this seat without doing a lot of research and regret it. I am now looking for a new seat. The back will come off if the toddler leans back on it too hard. If you do not use the tray there is a large hole for the child to put food and utensils into.
on July 6, 2008
I bought this booster seat about 7 months ago. It has served us pretty well, we use it almost constantly and it's still fully functional.

What I like about it:
1. It's portable-I would rather my kiddo eat on this at restaurants than sit on those nasty sticky highchairs. Plus she's little for her age so she fits in this thing better than restaurant highchairs.
2. You can easily get the tray off and throw it in the dishwasher. We have been using it as a plate because baby throws actual plates. This way she gets to self feed and we don't get flying plates during dinner.
3. Extremely easy to clean-we have a fabric covered high chair and this thing. I can get this booster cleaned off in seconds whereas the highchair requires disassembly and a trip for the cover through the washer.
4. It was CHEAP! I really didn't want to spend 30 or 40 bucks on a booster seat and the price of this one was perfect.

What I don't like:
1. It was not immediately obvious how to put the safety straps on the thing. The picture and crummy instructions were not helpful.
2. You gotta WATCH little fingers with the swinging tray. I accidentally smashed my baby's fingers when locking the tray one time. I think this could happen with anything where you have a tray that you attach to something, but another time when the tray was not locked closed, baby started swinging it open and shut and smashed her other finger in the hinge where the tray is set into the seat.
3. The back has popped off of it a couple of times. Didn't hurt anybody but it was annoying.

So you can see why I am on the fence. We are using it daily and it's still fully functional, but we have had some incidences...I think it would be a good product for someone who is aware going in that they need to watch the fingers at all times! The fact that baby got hurt in it and the crummy assembly instructions is why I am taking away two stars.
on February 11, 2007
This was a complete waste of money. I could lock the tray into place. He was only 10 months old at the time. I'd ONLY get this is your child is extremely tiny for their age. As in 3 month early preemie.
on August 21, 2009
I packed this in my giant suitcase when going to Europe with my one year old and was very glad to have done so. My family in Europe did not have a high chair and the type that was available in restaurants (in the rare restaurants where there was a high chair) was for a larger child. My one year old child was crawling and climbing so being placed in an average size toddler high chair was an opportunity for him to stand in it. The high chairs did not have straps in most cases. When my husband and I were in a restaurant while sight seeing with our toddler we kept him in the Mclaren umbrella stroller but if we wanted to enjoy a less stressful dinner we brought our booster chair to the hotel restaurant where we stayed. The straps went around any chair so we did not have any problems securing it safely. This was also a nice convenience when visiting family since our child was able to sit at the family table with everyone and be entertained by them as much as they were by him, and everyone was able to eat instead of one adult bounding him on their knee while navigating food with one hand. Last and not least, since it cost us $15 we knew that if we bought too much junk and just could not fit it in the luggage we could leave it in Europe without guilt.
on September 27, 2009
I am confused by these reviews. We bought this seat at Wal-Mart and used it for a week while on vacation. It worked great. There was not a screw that held the tray in place but a thick molded piece of plastic. I can't see how this would easily break. Perhaps there is an updated version that we purchased? The only thing that I thought could be improved was the size of the tray- it could be a little larger. We used this for our 1 year old and she is an average size child. She was not too big for the chair. She did seem taller in it, but that was because we were used to seeing her in a very big highchair. If you are looking for something to use when you are away from home, I would say this is perfect. I also think this will work great once we get to the stage where she is in a booster at the table. I prefer a highchair while at home because it has a bigger tray. This seat was also very easy to clean and I loved that. No cracks for food to get wedged into!
on September 30, 2011
First off this items is very cheaply made, but I picked it up for $15.00 so I expected that, you cant expect something wonderfully well made for that price. I had no problem getting my 25lb 15 month old in this, he fit great and I had no problem getting the tray to close comfortably around him. I also found the product to be easy to put together, which is a plus since none of us wants to have to wait for the hubby to do it!! I liked it, until I tried to attach it to our kitchen chair, the starps that are supposed to hold the seat to the chair do not stay tight at all, you just have to give them a little tug and they will loosten up. Afterward my hubby tried for an hour to get the straps to tighten, with no luck. I returned the item, I also have a 4 and 6 year old and I have not doubt that they would have knocked this seat right out of the chair with the baby in it. It is NOT SAFE.