1,135 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars This price HAS to be mismarked...UPDATED 2/3/2014
UPDATE: 2/3/2014
Published on July 22, 2011 by CK in PA

2.0 out of 5 stars Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams Crib Mattress, White
Pros- Item arrived on time and packaged accordingly. Mattress is exactly how its described. I find the mattress to be very light and easy to move/change sheets. Mattress is perfect for a infant...not to hard yet not to soft. Fits well in standard size crib as well.

Published on January 23, 2012 by Chloe C.

5.0 out of 5 stars This price HAS to be mismarked...UPDATED 2/3/2014, July 22, 2011
This review is from: Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams White Crib Mattress (Baby Product)
UPDATE: 2/3/2014
Hi everyone! We just converted the crib to a toddler bed last week for a very sneaky and clever 27 month old. We still use this same mattress and we still adore it. Sheets are the same, blankets are the same, only now she can come and go out of bed as she pleases. No worries...her room has been "sweeped" for dangers and there is an additional baby gate at the door to keep Houdini safely inside. If anyone wants to check out my blog, it's loaded with this kind of thing plus a ton of other helpful (and humorous!) stories, how tos, reviews and how not tos! If you like it, please share with your friends as well as your internet friends...Thanks so much!! [...]

UPDATE: 5/30/13
This mattress is still AHHH-MAZING!! I say this because it has retained it's shape and form beautifully and if baby's diaper leaks overnight (and they will as they get bigger!) you can easily clean the mess. We use a waterproof mattress pad, but still, when everything is in the wash, I still give it a good wipe down. Baby loves it and she's 20 months now. One thing i really appreciate about it and you may not care about this, but since there are no springs, she has never had the urge to try and jump up and down on it and escape the crib.

Also, some of you have asked about the size of the mattress and it is at least average crib mattress size, if not longer. I am paranoid by design and I never had one unsafe thought or experience with this mattress. I suppose if you are using an older crib or a HUGE one, you may have minor issues, but we use a solid wood crib to full size bed convertible type ($$!...don't even get me started on the cost of a good heirloom crib!), and nada...no problems.

Feel free to contact me here with any questions. I was happy to see that so many people enjoyed my original review and I am more than happy to answer any questions- big or small- that you may have. I love this mattress more now then I did nearly two years ago and I am super finicky. For the price, you simply can't lose.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I ordered this mattress 2 days ago and it was on my doorstep this afternoon. I have to say that I am floored by the quality. This is for our second daughter (on her way) and our oldest used a mattress 2x this price and when I compared them side by side, I was blown away.

Here's why:
1. It's a dense, high quality memory foam with a waterproof cover on it (removable)
2. Contrary to what other reviewers say, it's big; as a matter of fact, it's a good 1.5" longer than our brand name more expensive mattress that pales in comparison. The old one is like sitting on a series of crunchy springs and the new one is like sitting on a tempur-pedic with a non-crunchy waterproof cover.

I did a lot of anal retentive research in this purchase and am shocked that this is the real price for this mattress. Don't hesitate on this one. It feels and looks very high end. You'll be glad I did all the psychotic research for you in advance.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value!, February 8, 2011
I think this mattress is a great value! The foam is nice and firm, but its very light which is great for changing the crib bedding, the cover is waterproof which is great, and it even has a zipper if for some reason there is ever a reason that you would need to remove the cover. When i opened it there were no weird odors or plastic-type smells which was a relief. I also noticed the tag on mine says its made in Canada which is nice to know. Im really happy with this purchase and i would recommend this mattress to anyone that wants a perfectly fine crib mattress for less money :)

5.0 out of 5 stars UPDATED 08-19-2014 - First Time Expectant Father - My Thoughts..., October 29, 2013
[[ UPDATED REVIEW - 08-19-2014 ]]
As promised, I am updating the review of this item. My daughter is now 3 days shy of being 6 months old. She was born prematurely in late February & since the day we brought her home, she has been sleeping exclusively in her crib, using this mattress.

Based on my past research, I was confident that this mattress was the right choice and I stand behind it 100%. We've been laying our daughter in the same position and it still holds it's shape (no impressions/sagging). I like that it is easy to clean and during each crib sheet change, I wipe it down with either Lysol wipes or a damp cloth & follow it up with some Lysol. Of course, I let it dry before putting my baby back onto it.

Another tidbit to add is that I'm using the Angelcare Movement and Sound Monitor, Auqa/White with the mattress and have absolutely zero issues. Movement is detected very well.

There's really not much more to add other than I'm 100% satisfied with this product. I still can't believe how much it costs in comparison to the $100+ alternatives. This mattress is well worth the price you pay.

[[ ORIGINAL REVIEW ]]
My wife and I are expecting next spring, but as most parents do, they go ahead and get their furniture prior to the baby arriving. I've been reading baby books and various parenting forums on how to prepare for your child and my choices/opinions are based on my research. While I can't say whether or not my research is the "best way", it met every guideline I could find on baby mattresses.

For references, the crib we purchased was the Delta Bentley S Series 4-in-1 Crib chocolate. Without further ado, here are the reasons why I chose this mattress...

PASSES FOAM RESILIENCY:
For babies, there are two types of mattresses out there: foam & inner spring. Since the Safety 1st mattress is all foam, there are a few guidelines I read about in regards to baby mattresses. First and foremost is the risk of SIDS. To reduce your chances, the mattress must be FIRM. The softer the mattress, the greater the suffocation/SIDS risk. Mattresses aimed for older children/adults are typically much softer than those of baby mattresses. That's why baby mattresses tend to be on the firmer side. Regardless of thickness, the FIRMER the better. An easy test for resiliency of a foam mattress is to just use your hand. Press on the center of the mattress with your hand and then remove it. Take note of how soft it is and secondly, how quickly it regains the shape. The faster the "impression" recovers, the better. Sleeping babies will make impressions while laying on the mattress and if it's not firm enough, they can't change position and hence will get "stuck" sleeping in that position... which leads to suffocation & SIDS. Perform the same test at the edges as well (babies will start to move around as they get older and may end up on the sides/corners while moving around while sleeping).

EASY TO CLEAN/STURDY COVER:
The cover (vinyl) is made of hypoallergenic and free of phthalates and lead. It is easy to clean (stain/odor resistant) and tear resistant. Babies will have accidents (leaky diapers) and you want to be able to properly clean the cover to get rid of any bacteria or harmful organisms.

FITMENT:
Having purchased the crib mentioned prior, I was worried about fitment issues. Based on Babycenter.com, a baby's mattress needs to be snug with no more than 2 fingers of space between the sides and the mattress. Too much space can lead to entrapment hazards and even worse, suffocation of your baby. By my web research on our crib, another owner mentioned that this mattress was a *PERFECT* fit. And so, I bought it knowing that it is the right size for my crib.

AMAZON RANK:
Of all the mattresses out there, this one is ranked #1 on Amazon. Originally I was going to get Simmons Kids Beautyrest Beginnings Sleepy Whispers Ultra Deluxe 2 n 1 Crib and Toddler Mattress, Neutral just because of the name but after reading both, I decided I could get the Safety first. Currently the average rank for this mattress is 4.5 stars with 649 reviews at the time of this writing. Compare this to 84 reviewers of the Simmons mattress... personally I'd trust the opinions of 500+ more random people.

Hope my review helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this purchase, April 10, 2012
I bought this after reading nearly all of the reviews. Most are very favorable, but there were a couple that had me concerned. Since there were mostly really good reviews, I decided to risk it.

Since most product descriptions do not list where the product is manufactured, the review mentioning that it was made in Canada was helpful to me and I am pleased about this since I am wary of plastic products made in certain countries. I was also happy that the mattress I received was manufactured just 2 months prior to my receiving it. Not sure why that is such a good thing, but I guess I like that it has not been sitting in a funky warehouse for months or years.

To address some negative reviews: A couple said this mattress is far too soft and I would like to assure you that this is not the case as it is extremely firm. Perhaps those buyers got a lemon or would prefer their infant sleep on a slab of concrete. Firmness is definitely suitable for infants.
The other review I was concerned about stated that their crib sheets did not fit this mattress, so that had me a little worried. Fortunately, mine fit like a dream and so does my crib pad.
A couple reviews said the mattress didnt fit their cribs perfectly and I am pleased to report that it fits my Babi Italia standard size convertible crib absolutely perfectly with no spaces whatsoever.

After purchasing this, I noticed that it has been a baby best seller on amazon for over 800 days! I can see why.

I am exteremly happy that I bought this and recommend it to you. Of course I want nothing but the best for my baby, and in this case, I found a wonderful mattress for him at a fraction of the cost of other comparable ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars great mattress, February 22, 2011
i was skeptical when i ordered this. thought it might be chinsy because of the price, but it's a really nice mattress. very firm, i was checking out mattresses at target and burlington and the very firm ones were running $70-$80. i would buy this again if i ever need a crib mattress again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice crib mattress, January 18, 2011
Not too firm, not too soft...it's just right! Baby is comfortable. I'm very pleased with the purchase of this crib mattress it seems just as good as the other high priced mattress but for a fraction of the cost.

2.0 out of 5 stars Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams Crib Mattress, White, January 23, 2012

Cons- none as of yet. UPDATE 4/15/12- Since my orginal review on this product I have given birth to my son. Now that I have atcually used this mattress I have complaints! My son was born in March, I have only used the mattress for two months now. The mattress has started to have a indentation from where my son lays at night and his head area. It dips in and doesn't spring back to life after his moved off the mattress. I am HIGHLY upset about this and would not recommend buying this. We actually bought another one today because of this issue!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in Shrinking Mattress - NOT SAFE!, December 3, 2013
We've had this mattress for about six months now, and I'm sad to say the gap issue that some reviewers complained about is 100% true. The mattress has shrunk significantly since we bought it. The gap is now a good 4-5 inches on one end, and all four corners are pulling in, leaving space for a toddler's foot. Our 13-month-old is very active and often paces in her crib, so I will be forced to buy a new mattress. (I tried stuffing the gap with blankets, but our daughter simply pulled them out.) I wish I'd spent more on a higher quality mattress. I don't usually leave reviews, but I wanted to caution other buyers who (like me) might be swayed by this product's overall positive rating. Don't waste your money on something you'll have to replace in a few months.

5.0 out of 5 stars safe mattress, February 24, 2011
This is a great, safe mattress that fits nice and snug in our crib with no gaps. Can't beat the price!

1.0 out of 5 stars Length measurement is inaccurate causing a safety issue, July 1, 2011
The description says this mattress is 52" long but when I put it in my standard 52" crib, there was a big gap on either end. When I measured the mattress, it was barely 49" long. I ordered this back in April and since then I see some other reviews have posted regarding the sizing issue. Could be a bad batch, but either way, I'll be returning as it just isn't safe to have all that extra room in the crib.

Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams White Crib Mattress