5.0 out of 5 stars Great walker!
My son loves this walker. It took him a day or so to get the idea and start moving his feet, but now he is zipping around our house.

Published on September 21, 2010 by k8inut

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple & Functional - A good buy!
Published on November 10, 2010 by Jeng Jia Hung

5.0 out of 5 stars Great walker!, September 21, 2010
This review is from: Safety 1st Sounds n Lights Discovery Walker, Dino (Baby Product)

I like that the toys can swing out, which leaves you with a fairly good sized tray for snacks. The tray is also deep enough that my son can move his cereal around without knocking it out of the tray. The toys are ok. They don't seem to be super high quality, but they provide a little bit of extra stimulation. Most of the appeal, though, seems to be in the freedom that it provides for my son.

The safety grips on the bottom of the walker seem to work well. For example, the walker won't go over our flooring thresholds because they are too high. However, I would note that we only have hard surface flooring in our home, and we don't have any stairs.

*Update 12/14/10* My son is 11 months now, and he still enjoys his walker. However, there is no seatbelt in the walker, and he has figured out that if he grabs onto things, then he can pull himself up to stand in (or on) the walker. This has become a big safety issue, so I wanted to note the lack of a seatbelt for other parents with climbers (or future climbers).

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple & Functional - A good buy!, November 10, 2010
Like any first time parents, we wanted a walker for our baby in hopes he'll learn to walk soon. It was hard to decide on one as there was no reference on what the minimum height should be and I was worried that our boy is still too early for a walker. So for your reference, our baby is about 3.5 months, and 2 feet tall when we purchased this walker. With the lowest setting, he is still not able to reach the ground. However, we were able to make some adjustments to it to make it lowered so that his feet can now reach the ground and he is able to push himself backwards.

The toys on the tray are ok. I thought they were a bit simple and not very entertaining: the bear at the end flashes a red light and plays 3 different sounds, the palm tree has rotating mirrors, the dinosaur turns and clicks, the yellow ball spins with tiny balls inside so it also makes noise, and a red plastic toy tied to the tray and our boy ends up just putting it in his mouth. I liked how the toys has its own tray and you are able to move them to the side so you can use the tray for snacks or other toys.

The only thing we didn't like about this walker is the design of the seat. The two holes for his legs are way in front where his legs dangle instead of allowing him to stand up and move freely. I hope they will reconsider the design to either make the leg holes wider or move it to the middle of the seat more.

Overall, this is walker is affordable, simple to use and set up, slides effortlessly on hardwood floor, and great for travel as the seat can be lowered to flatten. Also, the cloth seat is removable for washing when it gets soiled. It's a good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, though not apparent at first, April 30, 2011
Originally, I gave this walker only 2 stars stating "We have a 7 1/2 month old baby girl who is starting to pull up and can stand on her own...The leg holes in the seat are at the front instead of the middle, forcing the baby into a sitting, rather than standing position. My baby girl will be walking on her own without the need for a walker by the time that she's tall enough to touch the floor while sitting in this product."

What I didn't realize a week ago is that she had to learn how to stand up in the walker instead of use the seat, and that the walker is not too tall for her (she's between 26 and 27 inches tall). She's still not quite walking, but the walker will allow her to do so when she figures it out. While this design was frustrating at first, it allows your child to sit when they tire of standing. After understanding how the seat works, I consider it an innovation rather than a shortcoming. The way the two sections of toys swivel out of the way to reveal a tray underneath is pretty neat as well.

I stand by my original statement, "The walker is a great value, well constructed, and the toys are great."

5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, September 4, 2010
I bought this for my almost 4 month son who has been really trying to stand and tensing his legs. I pondered a stationary exersaucer vs. walker. I decided on this walker because it got a couple of good reviews and I wanted something that would fit two purposes, stationary entertainment and walking practice when he is older. My son is big- but his feet are a few inches from the floor. That's fine with me since I don't want him moving in it yet, anyway. I folded up a blanket and put it under his feet so there won't be too much pressure on his bottom in the seat. He is happy and has been trying to explore the little toys. I would reccommend this walker.

2.0 out of 5 stars tall walker, June 3, 2011
I read the reviews before I bought it. It said that there old enough baby feet were no where near touching floor. The lowest adjustment was too high. I ignored it since my granson is tall for his age. He is now 8 mos old and his feet dangle. Should have listened. This manuf needs to check and compare heights. Also seat leg cutouts are quite stiff and when baby sits in it for 15 mins (since he cant go anywhere) thighs are red. Also the light up dinosaur lights up only half the time. I would not recommend this walker at all. Should have returned it..

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for taller or heavier babies!, November 16, 2012
My 9 month old loves his walker. However, I gave four stars because you can't replace the battery in the toy that lights up/makes sound. Other than that, this was an easy decision because my son is tall and most walkers only hold up to 25 lbs. He was 22lbs when we got it so I wanted him to be able to use it for a while before he outgrew it. Even though he is tall, we have it on the lowest setting so there is room to grow!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good buy, October 17, 2012
Very disapointed with this walker. It is not easy to build, and very cheap. Not solid, and if your baby is small like mine, he won't be able to reach the ground. The tray is hard to setup and open and close afterward, and the toys are of bad quality. I definitly do not recommand this. Spend a bit more and geat another one. Bad buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for its price!, September 29, 2011
When we first got it, my son was almost 7 months old. His feet couldn't reach the bottom. I wish this would come in lower setting. He is 28 inches and still can't reach the floor. Other than the height adjustments, this walker is good. It has cute toys and it rolls easily.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never buy from this Seller!, February 7, 2013
I can't really comment on the product itself as I never got to use it, but I do highly recommend not to buy from Dorel Juvenile Group. After waiting for over two weeks for the delivery, I gave up and went to a nearby store and bought another walker. It never occured to me that Dorel Juvenile Group may not accept returns (I did not see anything indicating this at the time of the purchase). We had sort of a fight over email, and they finally agreed to accept the return, but guess what? It's been three months now since I sent the item back to them, and they never returned the money. When I contacted them, they claimed they never received it...

2.0 out of 5 stars It cut my baby's lip., May 18, 2013
CONS:
-Our little one cut her lip twice on the spinny ball thing. As all babies do, she puts everything in her mouth. She liked to spin the ball towards her while keeping her mouth on it as it spun, but her lip got caught in the gap underneath the ball and it bled pretty badly for a while. We still use it, but secured the ball with some clear packing tape so she couldn't spin it any longer.

-Though the package says 4+ months, it was too tall on it's lowest setting for our very tall 4 month old and is still too tall for her as a 27" tall 6 month old. She is probably going to start walking on her own in a couple of months and I fear she won't be able to use this walker for very long between the time she's tall enough to use it and when she will begin walking.

PROS:
-Our baby seems to like it and besides the ball, the play things are a nice selection of stuff to keep a kid entertained for a bit.

-The fact that the play surface can open up to a clear surface is nice.

-Dinosaur themed stuff is always cute.

Overall, it was fine for the price, but they need to fix or remove that ball. She cut her lip twice!

Rate and Discover Movies