on March 2, 2010
Color Name: Quarry
This car seat is what I finally decided to keep after trying out the vantage safety first car seat that my son couldn't sleep in. This one reclines, does not have anything on the arm rest for him to pull off, installs easily.
It is a pretty big seat so if you plan to move it from car to car it might not be great for that. The cup holder is pretty sweet, it pulls out so he can reach it but can be pushed in to leave room for the middle seat. The side holders are too far under the seat to be useful for him but the still could hold stuff. The harness strap is amazing. No more undoing the strap and rethreading it to raise the height! Just pull a bar and the whole pillow and straps move up and down. Similar to how you move your car seat forward and backward with the bar under your seat.
Color Name: Nitron
We have only owned this for about a week, but so far it is a great seat. My 2 1/2 year old son seems very comfortable in it. He loves the orange color and the fact that it is a "big boy" seat. I love that it has the 5-point harness until he gets a little bigger and then it can be used as a regular booster seat. I feel safer to have him in the harness. The harness is very easy to adjust and the headrest adjusts as well. The seat goes up to 100 pounds so he should be able to use for a long time. It also has the energy absorbing foam. A great purchase that will hopefully last for many years to come!

6/10/12
We are still using this seat now over 3 years later and it is going strong! Our 4 yr old daughter used it now and is still in the 5 point harness. She is fairly small for her age by weight. This seat has truly stood the test of time for our family and I would recommend it to anyone!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 28, 2013
Color Name: EntwineVerified Purchase
I purchased this car seat for our 2 year old son (27 lbs) on February 4, 2013 for our "commuter" car. We recently started him in "parents day out" 2 days a week and my husband takes him on his way to work.

We gave this car seat a chance, we did! And, I am not a super picky person that writes tons of reviews and complains about everything (fabric, color, plushness, etc.) like many of the reviews I see. Just this year I have ordered over 30 items from Amazon and this is the only item I am writing a review on as well as the only item I have EVER returned to Amazon. Praise them for their wonderful customer service and complete and full refund so I can order a truly safe car seat I feel comfortable using.

Why I ordered this car seat in the first place:

1. The price (it was listed at the time for $99 and I had a coupon that got me free shipping and a total price of $86) Great price!
2. It is a cute car seat, comfortable fabric, liked arm rests, cup holder, and how it could grow with our child.
3. The crotch strap was reviewed well. Other reviews stated the crotch strap was long enough to not pinch or be uncomfortable. This was true. I moved the strap, which was easy and over all adjusting the car seat to fit our son was simple and I had no problem adjusting it.
4. It seemed like a perfectly fine commuter car seat and I wasn't in love with it when it arrived but thought it would work great and we planned on keeping it.

Why I called Amazon today (Feb 28, 2013) and returned it?

1. Failure to secure the car seat tight enough in the car to where it wouldn't move if I wiggled it or pushed on the base.

I am 8 1/2 months pregnant and our commuter car is a Volkswagen Jetta. I literally sat in the car seat (latch system was used) and rocked left and right while pulling the latch "tightening strap" to get that seat at tight and secure as possible. This is how I put in our Britax Boulevard 70 as well as how I put the base in for our Chicco Keyfit 30 and both are so tight and secure that they cannot budge when wiggled or pushed on with force. Think about a car crashing into the side of ours... if my hand can move the base or seat a car crash could cause some serious movement and or bodily harm even if the child is secure in the seat.

2. The 5-point harness straps are very very difficult to tighten so the child is comfortable and securely fastened in the car seat. Our Britax easily tightens when the pull strap between the feet is pulled to tighten the shoulder and chest straps. It isn't the shoulder straps exactly it seems to be the mechanics of devices the straps runs though from the back to where the tighten strap is at... My husband has to tug on it 4-5 times very forcefully while readjusting the chest clip and shoulder straps between each pull to get it safely tight.

If it take us this much time to make sure he is tight and secure in his seat the reality is that our son's grandparents who may take him to school when our new baby arrives may not spend this much time simply because of lack of knowledge or experience. If the Britax pulls perfectly tight in one pull they may assume this one does too.

I urge you to really consider spending more for your child's safety and if you have purchased this seat it is worth the hassle-free return! It was so simple and I am so so so thankful that this is not the car seat we will continue to use for years!

Please message me or leave questions for any thoughts or comments. I would be more than happy to talk to another parent considering this car seat.

Non-important car seat comments:

1. headrest does stick out a bit but it didn't seem to bother our son. However, I could see some "head-slumping" if a child falls alseep.
2. Cup-holder is so fun and cute but it is very low (sits on the vehicle's seat practically) our son couldn't reach it and didn't know it existed. He turned 2 December 2012 and isn't a giant kid so maybe bigger kids can easily reach/use it.
3. The seat is very adjustable and that is wonderful. You can really craft it to fit your child but again it doesn't tighten well so no matter how well you adjust it unless willing to spend 2-5 minutes putting them in than your adjustment work is all for not.
4. I liked how big the seat was, it seems like it can grow with our child. I'm hoping to find a similar seat but it will be higher quality/price.
5. I liked it has latch system and 5 point harness that was important to me.
6. The seat can adjust to lean back which was great (in my head that would possibly solve the head hanging problem when sleeping)

best of luck finding a good car seat but don't buy this one...seriously!

- A
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 10, 2011
Color Name: FacetVerified Purchase
I've tried several car seats for my two toddlers, and had issues with each. I finally came to this one. It's a little bulky, a little heavy, and has some quirks when you lean it back. But overall this is a quality seat, and works very well. My boys enjoy the pattern, and seem to be comfy. Also, their heads don't usually fall forward when they fall asleep in this seat, partly because it leans back slightly.
on January 16, 2013
Color Name: QuarryVerified Purchase
I bought this product a year ago for my son who is now 2. My wife has Britax booster seat in her car. Couple reasons why you should look for another booster seat:
1) The sides of this booster seat do not come out enough so when your toddler falls asleep his/her head will drop dramatically to the left or the right. I can compare it to my wife's seat (Britax) where when he falls asleep his head rests comfortably on the the inner side. I would imagine this feature will also keep your child safer in the case of a side impact accident.
2) Cup holder is illogically kept to far for your child to reach. Why advertise a cup holder? My son simply places his cup next to him which has led to some spills.
Color Name: NitronVerified Purchase
I absolutely love this car seat!! I have a 2 year old and it's the first time I have seen him actually proud of his car seat. He actually wants to go on an trip and sit proud in his seat.. It is nicely padded. The cup holder pulls out to fit a cuppy nicely and the reclining is very easy to use. Also the should strap adjustment is very easy to use to adjust the shoulder belt. No longer have to take it all apart. A bar in the back is unlocked and relocked when in correct position. LOVE IT!!!
on August 14, 2011
Color Name: NitronVerified Purchase
This is a great car seat and I was even more pleased to purchase as it said it was made in USA. The seat may be, but when removing the cushions to wash, the cover and straps say made in China. To adjust the height as your child grows, you simply grip the metal bar behind the seat and notch it to the next highest setting. The seat can be reclined as well. I particularly liked the cushions on the straps. Usually I remove these as they never fit well, but these work quite nicely and are not too bulky.

A few notes on the cover: relatively easy to remove. Unhook the straps in the back first then the main seat cover is attached with elastic and by threading around flat plastic caps on the seat bottom. There is a second cover on the back which is attached using elastic pockets and can be simply slipped off. Besides unhooking the straps, I cannot imagine why you should need to take apart any of the seat or cut any part of it.
on June 12, 2014
Color Name: EntwineVerified Purchase
We got this car seat to replace a larger (up to 65 pound) car seat after a car accident. This seat is SO MUCH SMALLER than our old one that we are LOVING it! It takes up less space (and thus is easier to squeeze past when getting to the back seat of the van), buckles easily, and the bonus is that it will convert to a booster when we need it. Have never tried to take the cover off to wash it, but it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do, if needed.

Cons: (very minor in my opinion)
The straps "fold" a little easier than the straps on our old seat, and I am a stickler for straps to lay flat.
The recline option sounds nice, but in practice we never use it because of the way the seat fits into the car's chair.
on January 13, 2013
Color Name: FacetVerified Purchase
I am very disappointed with this car seat and would love to have returned it. Unfortunately, I had a very small window to return for a full refund. First of all, this seat is very large and very difficult to install. It is not a good option for those who want to switch it from car to car. My biggest problem though is that it totally sucks for long trips. There is no head or neck support and my son's chin ends up flopping onto his chest when he falls asleep. It is reclined all the way and yet his head still flops forward. I feel panicked while driving because I notice that his neck is in the most uncomfortable position and I am afraid that when he wakes he will have a crick in his neck. Don't buy this car seat. Look for something else. I would not buy this seat ever again.
on May 28, 2014
Color Name: Entwine
I COULD NOT get a tight enough latch. I sat in the seat and tugged as tight as a could, and the seat would still shift forward with barely any force. I have three children and have been through a whole lot of car seats, so I know how to latch a seat in appropriately. This may not be an issue if you have cloth seats as they would allow the seat to sink in more.

See 1 answered question