Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Size: 5-100 lbs|Color: Lamont|Change
Price:$119.99+ Free shipping

on March 6, 2015
My 4 year old son and I were in a wreck in which our truck flipped and landed upside down. This is the car seat he was in and he walked away without any scratches or bruises (I was using the 5-point harness). The only negative was the difficulty I had getting the harness to unbuckle but at the same time it gave me extra security in knowing it kept him tight and secure in his seat. Recline features are nice and size works well for most vehicles. He has been in this seat since he was a year old.
review image review image
55 comments|451 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2011
this seat is amazing, yes it can be a chore to clean and it is large in comparison to other seats but its size only makes more comfort for child. my son is 16 months old and last week we were in a major auto accident totaled our car and an electric pole went into our car next to my sons car seat. He was okay only a small bruise from the impact pushing the seat belt into his skin. The Emts could not get over how great the seat protected him we hit the pole going 70 mph and i was told he should of been hurt pretty badly but his car seat saved him. One of the Emts even said he was going to buy the same seat for his child after seeing it save my sons life. I am very lucky in my opinion i had this seat and seems to me the emts thought so too
1919 comments|713 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2012
This is the 1st review I have ever felt compelled to leave. I purchased this car seat a little less than a year ago and have been very pleased with it and then a few days ago I was struck head on by a drunk driver traveling at about 50 mph and my 3yr old son walked away from the crash completely unharmed. I can not tell you how thankful I am that he was uninjured and that his car seat performed exactly as it should have if I could give this car seat 10 stars I would I have already ordered another one to replace the one that was involved in the accident.
11 comment|498 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2014
Was in a major car accident with it. Car was going 75 mph, flipped 3.5 times landing us on our roof. Car was crushed on every surface and we sustained medium level injuries. Our 11 month old son didn't have a scratch. We've already ordered it again, thank you for making this carseat!
0Comment|176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2014
Safety First makes a couple different styles of this particular car seat but they are all basically the same and pretty much every major store has one of their designs (even Walmart). For the price, you really cant beat these things. If you want a convertible car seat but you are on a budget, you are going to be hard pressed to something as comfortable and long-lasting.
I know some people complain about these car seats being a little big but that's because they are supposed to last until your child is ready to be out of a car seat entirely. For that kind of versatility, you're going to sacrifice some space. For the most part, it's really only an issue if you have it rear-facing. We put in the middle of our back seat (the safest spot in your car) and didn't have too much of a problem, even in our Honda Accord. Once it is forward facing, you really don't have the space issue. But the way the seat is designed, it may be a bit of a pain to recline the seat once it's all strapped in. I just always leave it reclined since it never seemed to bother either of my sons. Also, if you are transferring it back and forth from one car to the next, it is not a light seat. Although, this was never really a minus for me since that means its also not a flimsy piece of junk plastic.
At first, the seat can be a bit of a pain to get in and out of a car and the LATCH strap may seem short (usually this is because you are using the wrong belt path) but once you get used to it, it's no problem at all. I like that the belt goes inside the seat to secure it. It makes me feel like the belt will keep it and my child in the car no matter what. There is even a belt along the back of the seat for bucket seats. When everything is strapped the way it's supposed to be, the seat does not wiggle.
The thing I like best is that this seat in particular has a cover that comes off pretty easy. It's machine washable too so if there is any mess (my youngest had the magic ability to get his seat messy once a day) it's not a huge hassle to take the cover off.
Overall, this is the seat I have liked the best after 6 or 7 different seats with my two boys. It offers families on a budget the opportunity to keep their baby in the harness buckles as recommended for as long as they possibly can without breaking the bank. It is fully convertible and adjustable to accommodate children from 0 to 100 lbs. Most other seats that make that claim are three times this price and way outside of the normal persons budget.

**UPDATE :
We have been using our version of this seat for a little over 4 years now and it's still just as fantastic as when I bought it.
My favorite things about it are still:
STEEL FRAME- no cheap molded plastic like cosco and other brands
Rear facing until 3 for avg weight kid
Cover is easy to Clean
FULLY CONVERTIBLE from when you take them home to when they outgrow the seat

It's still more of a pain to latch and unlatch this seat than those with the easy latch belts but for the price, it's totally worth it and you get used to it. In my honest opinion, every trade off you get with this seat (size, ease of use, and portability) are all worth the price since you are getting a safe, reinforced seat for a bargain basement price.
33 comments|168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2013
This car seat is a fantastic product at an amazing price (at the time we purchased it in 11/2012 it was $110). While researching a car seat for our first child, my husband and I were excited about the prospect of the Alpha Omega Elite's three-way conversion but were dismayed when we could not figure out how to install it rear-facing without being excessively wobbly, no matter what we tried.

So after 5+ hours of researching online, reading manuals and watching online instructional videos on YouTube (such as the one for the Safety 1st Complete Air, which is **NOT** the same model but still offers a visual for parents like us who have never installed a car seat before), my husband set out towards our car with determination in his eyes!

Before we begin, here's some facts about our installation of an Alpha Omega Elite in "Lamont":

* Our car is a 2004 Chevrolet Caviler (4-door)

* We used the LATCH system. Our car does not offer the LATCH system in the middle backseat, so we had to put it behind the passenger's seat. My husband also attempted the seatbelt installation in the middle, but he could not tighten it properly because the belt was quite stubborn and kept twisting after being thread through the carseat.

* Upon first attempt it was installed behind the driver's seat, but due to our car's size that required the driver's seat to be pushed up all the way. This made it extremely difficult to move between the pedals, and we felt like that posed a hazard we weren't willing to take (especially when driving around our little one)!

Rear-Facing Installation Tips w/ LATCH
--------------------------------------

* Read your car's owner's manual and the Safety 1st instructions. We did not know until reading our car's manual that a 2004 Caviler does not offer LATCH in the middle backseat.

* Make sure your car is on level ground.

* Use a rolled up towel/blanket, as suggested in the manual. Ours was the size of CD once rolled-up.

* Connect the LATCH hooks as instructed.

* Consider putting an object/tool through the tightening loop to help provide grip/leverage as you pull on the straps to tighten them. My husband used the handle of his groove joint pliers, similar to these: Stanley 84-024 10-Inch Bi-Material Groove Joint Pliers.

* As you tighten, put as much of your weight as possible on the carseat. My husband tried using his knee, but ultimately just used his hand due to lack of space in our backseat.

* My husband then used the head of his groove joint pliers to give one more good pull. While pulling, he also shifted the carseat side to side while still making sure to apply weight. This allowed him to achieve additional tightness.

* Check for movement/wobbliness. Ours will not even budge at the belt path after my husband applied the above methods. Threading the handle of the pliers though the loop seemed to be what helped him most. He just couldn't get a good enough handle on it with bare hands.

Additional Thoughts
-------------------

Make no mistake -- installing this car seat requires A LOT of patience and you will probably lose your wits before it's in, but keep trying. Even though we are satisfied with how it is installed now we still plan to have the installation looked at by a NHTSA-certified inspector [...], just to ease our minds. Please consider doing the same, since according to AAA almost 75% of carseats are not installed properly these days.

We hope these tips help ease parent frustrations. Good luck installing your Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite!
77 comments|161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2015
We have owned four Alpha Omega Elite car seats before these. We didn't question getting two more of the latest version. While some people have complained about the size being too large, as you can see in the picture, we can fit two full sized booster seats for our 9 and 7 year olds flanking the Alpha Omega in a 1996 Toyota Avalon. This car seat is well made and our previous version seats were involved in a crash that totaled a minivan and the boys came through without a scratch. The installation was fairly easy. The seat does tend to tilt our 5 month old's head forward when he calls asleep. The side padding does make it harder to get him out of the seat either in the car or the minivan. I will gladly take a little less convenience for safety.
review image review image review image
on July 12, 2015
When My daughter outgrew her first car seat, my wife and I started to search for a convertible type that can be rear-facing and switched to forward facing when she gets a little older. With 771 reviews and 4.5 starts we thought the Alpha Omega Elite was a good choice. My first red flag was when I read the installation manual. It recommends to place a paper towel role or pool noodle under the chair so it will be in the correct position. I included a photo of the page... With paper towel role in place I went ahead and finished the installation. My second and final red flag; The LATCH system works good in securing the system form moving side to side, but the path to route the LATCH is at the very front of the seat, leaving the rear of the seat free to pivot up and down. I promptly returned the item.
review image review image
on October 23, 2015
We have a older make car (98") and it was still easy to install.

This is my son hanging out doing big boy things.
review image
on July 1, 2015
For now, I can't give it more than 3 stars. I give it 3 because it seems like a solid seat that should work quite well if it fits in the vehicle. I haven't been able to use it because it doesn't fit in a 2006 Nissan Xterra when rear facing and reclined to the correct level for a newborn. That's right. It doesn't fit in a full size SUV. I was not expecting that at all. It should work when the baby is big enough to need less recline, but I'm very disappointed I have to spend another chunk of money for an infant seat just to work until I can use this one. It would be nice if this seat had some kind of adjustable base to help with the recline rather than just having to lift up on it and put in a rolled up towel or pool noddle. FYI, for the Xterra, it would have taken probably 4 or 5 towels to "level" it correctly. The front seat has to be all the way up and leaned forward (no way anyone could sit there) to even get the seat to physically fit. See the attached photo for what it would look like...obviously not safe. I'll hold onto it for when the baby is bigger, but that's partly only because I bought it weeks ago and don't have the receipt.
review image