on June 21, 2011
We bought this bc it was the only car seat frame that fits our safety 1st air 35. At first I thought it was just ok and would have given it 2 stars. Here is why: the front wheels would stick when turning even slightly. This made it pretty impossible to steer one handed. However, recently I had an idea to spray some silicone lubricant on the part of the wheel assembly that pivots. This corrected the problem completely!!! :) we just returned from an all day visit to the San Diego zoo and I could not only steer one handed, but do it while holding my 2 month old who needed a break from the seat. So I rate this with 4 stars! I really like the parent consol too and I have not had problems with drinks spilling as long as the cup isn't too big for the holder.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 29, 2011
I wrote a review of the baby seat as well.

I was quite excited to have this product (for our first child), but unfortunately it has failed on so many levels.

This is the only one-star review I've written on anything on Amazon, and I think it's important for people to know. I tend to ignore 1-star reviews thinking that they're biased, but I just don't know how to be very nice about this review because this isn't that great of a stroller for the money. Does it work? Sure. But is there a lot better on Amazon and elsewhere for the money? Heck yeah.

For those of you who like this thing, I think you just have different standards than I do, and good for you, because there are probably not many products that bother you.

Let's start with the biggest problem--the wheels. The front wheels are designed in such a way that it just does not turn very easily, smoothly, or consistently. They are terrible. I can get over the rickety nature of the stroller, but the wheels really suck. Who the heck designed these? It takes a lot of wrist effort to turn the stroller on a left or right turn. Even on concrete--which is the easiest surface to use this stroller with--it isn't that great. That makes me wonder if I can maneuver it quickly if there were some trouble.

For this reason alone my wife hates this thing, because it's harder for her to use. Do we still use it? Yes, because it's all we got.

When you try to roll it on a smooth surface like anything indoors--wood, laminate, marble, ceramic, pretty much anything but carpet and concrete--the wheels don't turn. So you end up kind of dragging it to turn it or doing a wheelie to turn it (I've figured out that's really the only way), and it leaves marks on the floor if you do. It requires a lot of grip to turn those wheels, so those smooth surfaces don't work. That really makes this thing frustrating anytime we try to wheel it out of the house, or if in the house I want to move her about getting ready for a trip or just trying to calm her down (baby likes movement).

Trust me, for that reason alone, I highly recommend you avoid this. The problem with not buying it though, I understand, means you can't use the baby seat with another stroller.

The baby seat doesn't click into this thing very well (just like the base), either, which is dangerous. I don't always know if it's in properly, and so I keep mashing the thing down, waking up my poor baby, trying to make sure it's in. Then I have to lift it up to make sure. Another big flaw.

Because it's tall and fairly narrow, there is a little bit of danger in tipping this thing over like when you're turning on a slope (it's hilly in our neighborhood and driveway).

The brakes are not designed that well--each of the rear wheels have a brake. The problem is that where we live (it's warm), we wear sandals and flip flops a lot. The bottom of the plastic brake is not smooth, so when you try to flip it up with your toe (requires a bit of effort), it's uncomfortable or could scrape your toes.

The basket at the bottom is hard to reach if you have the seat on top of it. So if you have a decent sized item in there, like the diaper bag, you have to take the car seat off first to access it or put it back in.

There is a neat little sun cover that pulls out of the handlebar area to cover your baby's face--this is a wonderful feature--but unfortunately it attaches in such a way that it means the top can easily slip off and not work. So you have to stretch the fabric across the top--again, easily done--but not a well designed piece of work.

The button on the handlebar to close the device does not work well--it's soft and does not click properly and is poorly designed.

The thing that has bothered me the most (even more than the wheels believe it or not), is the lock when you fold it up. There is this really simple metal tab with a hole in it that keeps the stroller folded when you stash it in the trunk or wherever, and the problem lies when you try to unfold it. Instead of a quick flip or unlocking mechanism, you have to often push the stroller flatter first, then lift the tab up to let the bolt out that protrudes through it. It's another simple, but poorly executed design. I have to use both hands to do this, which means I have to prop the stroller up or lay it on the ground.

The worst thing with this thing though, is the way the side bars of the frame align next to this metal tab. Twice now, when I held the bars with my fingers to release the tab, I then used my other hand to quickly unfold the seat carrier. Well, guess what--my finger and fingernail (which was between the two bars) got pinched when they started to reverse to unfold. Man, that hurt like something fierce, and my wife can tell you I was not a happy camper when we were trying to go out on our family outing. And yes, it made me feel like an idiot for not unfolding it properly, but I would bet my money that I'm not the first to do that. Because I had to use two hands to unlock and unfold this thing, I had to put my hand there to hold it steady. Then you open it up, and bam--smashed fingernail. If I had unfolded it any harder, my fingernail would've probably fallen off a few days later.

Anyhow, I can laugh about that now, but I'm just curious how many people have had that happen to them.

The cup holders work fine, and there is a little flip open section in the middle where you can put sunglasses--works fine, but they should've lined this thing so that it wouldn't scratch sunglasses or whatever else (like your phone) you put in there.

I would definitely NOT recommend this to anyone. My in-laws all hate this thing, and anybody who's tried to walk our baby has complained about the wheels. I'm writing this review, in fact, because my mother-in-law encouraged me to do so! You often see so many wonderful glowing reviews on Amazon, I thought I should weigh in to tell my experience. I'm sure most of the issues some of you wouldn't have a problem with, but I really, really don't know how anybody could live with the way it turns--or rather doesn't turn.

The only thing going for it is the cheap price, but boy, if I could do it over again, I would've paid for something much better and nicer. I goofed on this one, and hope you don't!
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 23, 2010
We have a Safety 1st infant car seat. I was going to buy the Jeep snap n'go that fits all kind of infant car seats when I saw on Amazon that Safety 1st had just made a snap n'go for their car seats, so I bought it instead. I use it with the Designer 22 which clips on it. It is very easy to fold and unfold, relatively light, holds together when folded and can even stand by itself when folded, which is convenient when I put it away.
on October 20, 2010
We bought this just so we could have something for the car seat - we have 2 jogging strollers so did not need the stroller that the car seat clicks onto. We have the Safety 1st Onboard 35 - which we love. This is lightweight, folds up small, and is easy to use and store. It also has a sunshade that comes in really handy, as well as the 2 cup holders and storage area below. Didn't think we would use it that much - but we really have! We do live in a mountainous area - with dirt streets - which this is horrible on (hence the need for jogging strollers).
on April 8, 2011
I have been using this stroller for 8 weeks now. As of yesterday I would have given it a solid 3 1/2 stars. However, we had a stroller malfunction which definitely.downgrades it to a 1 star.

What is good about this stroller:
- it is light and compact. It easily fits in the trunk of my little VW Golf
- great storage
- the one handlebar makes it possible to push with one hand (as opposed to 2 handled umbrella style strollers)

What is not so good:
- the wheels are very rickety. You will definitely feel each and every crack you hit on the sidewalk.
- the front wheels tend to flip around which results in a crazy-wheel-shopping-cart type syndrome
- due to the ricketiness of the wheels, any liquids in the cup holders should have an airtight lid. Otherwise you will be spilling all over the stroller and the baby every time you hit a crack.

My motto is you get what you pay for.....this is a cheap stroller so my expectations were not high. For the money it seemed to be a decent stroller and would have earned at least 3 stars.

However......as noted above I had a stroller malfunction which deems it a 1 star in my book. Yesterday I got the stroller ready as I normally do. First I unfolded the stroller, next I clicked in the car seat, and then finally strapped the baby in. As I pushed it to go the stroller inexplicably started folding up on itself. As I tried to unfold it, it suddenly got a mind of it's own and continued to fold up. It was like a Stephen King novel! It was like the stroller had come to life and was determined to engulf my 2 mth old!!! I frantically struggled with it...the more I tried to pry it open the harder it tried ti snap shut. Finally out of desperation I managed to hold it open with my whole body as I unstrapped my son from the car seat. As I pulled him out the stroller snapped shut and toppled over onto the ground (with the car seat still attached - luckily I was able to pull the baby out in time and he was unscathed).

Why the stroller decided to snap itself shut with the car seat and baby attached....I'll never know....normally it takes a bit of gentle manual work to squeeze the stroller shut. It was a really scary experience. I would never buy this stroller again. Luckily my son is just getting big enough to fit into the other strollers I have. From now on I will use this stroller as little as possible and will always be on guard for the psychotic stroller!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 3, 2011
We received this stroller as a gift. I loved the idea of a light and portable stroller to keep in the car. Our Safety 1st On Board Air 35 car seat easily fits and "clicks" into place just like it claims, so there is no question of safety. The problem is that the front wheels have a mind of their own. It is impossible to keep this stroller going in a straight line. The wheels pull you off into the grass or cause you to bump into isles in the store. It is a constant fight to control. We just returned the stroller and hope to find another portable solution for our baby. I hope they work out the kinks soon!
on May 14, 2011
If you have a Safety First seat then this is the way to go stroller-wise. (works with other seats too you need to check their website). Seat clicks in and out really easily, I can do it with one hand. Great storage feature and folds up in back of the car again, I can do it with one hand. If you're looking for a heavy duty stroller than you might want something more rugged (I plan on getting an off road stroller for heavy duty walks) but for shopping with a newborn, or little neighborhood adventures, this works great!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I bought this as a present for my sister and she loves it. When she out everyone asks her where she got. It's one kind...she has seen anyone with it and the best part is that this has a canopy and the others don't have it. Great present and it fits a peg perego car seat wonderfully.
on September 22, 2011
I really like this stroller. I LOVE that my carseat (the Safety 1st OnBoard 35) clicks right into it without any problems and that it's so lightweight and easy to set up. However, I wish that 1) it was easier to turn; it is almost impossible to maneuver one-handed and sometimes it has problems not wanting to turn on linoleum. It feels like it's dragging sideways rather than having the wheels actually turn. 2) the underneath storage was a little more accessible; it's quite a large storage space, but in order to get my diaper bag in there I have to pop the carseat all the way out. The opening between the carseat and the top of the storage compartment is fairly narrow. 3) it was easier to tell if the carseat was all the way in; sometimes we'll put it in and it'll seem to be all the way in, but a little later we hear a click telling us that NOW it's all the way in, whereas before it wasn't. 4 my husband) it had better shock absorbency. I understand it's not a jogging stroller, but you can definitely tell when you're going over a crack in the sidewalk. However, my baby seems to enjoy the off-roading type feeling ;)

Also, the two parts that are red in the picture (the side clip and the button on the handlebar) are actually gray on my stroller.

Aside from these minor complaints, I absolutely LOVE this stroller. I am so glad I bought it and I would definitely recommend it! It is super convenient and doesn't take up much room in the car at all.
on February 26, 2011
Although not listed on amazon as fitting with the Peg Perego, if you look on the Safety 1st website it is one of the infant seats that is listed as being compatible with the stroller frame. My Peg Perego clicks in perfectly! I haven't weighed it, but it is pretty light and provides all of the storage and features of most full size strollers/travel systems! The storage area underneath is terrific. Actually, my 18 lb cat loves napping in the storage area (that gives you an idea of how large it is). I love the sun shade feature. It's stretchy material, so I imagine it would work with virtually all infant seats. Overall, it's a great bargain for all of the features.

See 1 answered question