|Price:||$42.95 & FREE Shipping|
Safeway Wall Mount Top Of Stairs Gate White 24.75" - 43.5" X 30.5"
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
High Quality and Thoughtful Craftsmanship
With the KidCo ConfigureGate, form follows function. It meets or exceeds US Child Safety Standards, providing the maximum protection for your child, and with its Scandinavian-inspired design, the gate's clean-lined, minimalist style will blend handsomely into any décor. Like all KidCo gates, the ConfigureGate is constructed with fine, high-quality materials, including thicker virgin steel and certified non-toxic paint. The European factories are ISO 9000 and ISO 14001 certified.
Top Customer Reviews
The design is fairly clever:
- It works easily with one hand, to release the gate latch and open it.
- The gate can be installed to hinge on either side, and to swing either way or both ways.
- Almost the full width is usable, it doesn't narrow the opening down a lot (just by the width of the brackets and gate). That's the benefit of having something permanently installed, vs. pressure mounted.
- It can adapt to various widths. The box says it fits openings of 24-3/4" to 43-1/2".
- It will adjust to slightly uneven widths. All 4 attachment points have an adjustment, with sturdy threaded bolts, that can move in or out a little to fit the space. But you still need to have 2-3" of flat vertical area to attach each of the 4 mounting brackets - 2 on the hinge side and 2 on the latch side.
-It's also easy to remove the gate when you don't want it there - press a release and remove one plastic piece and the spring. It only takes a few seconds, you just have to make sure you don't lose track of the loose pieces as the gate is useless without them.
The gate can also be installed in some angle or other nonstandard locations. Because it swings on the hinged side, the place where you attach the hinge brackets doesn't have to be at right angles to the gate - it can be at an angle or even parallel to the gate. But you'll have to give some thought to whether having the gate swing on that side works for you. And you do need to have the latch side wall at right angles to the gate for it to latch properly.Read more ›
To clear up a few things that have been mistated by others:
1. This is not the same gate available from IKEA. The Patrull Fast gate may have the same hardware but the gate from IKEA is one piece and it's width is only adjustable for openings 28 1/2" to 31 1/8" (that's about three inches!). The Kidco version is for openings 24.75 to 43.5. That's a big difference.
2. This is not the #1 baby gate. It is actually #3. For hardware mounted gates, it goes (as of 08/04)
- 1 The First Years Simple & Secure Stair Gate 3620 $70
- 2 Evenflo Secure Solutions Swing Gate 1050 $35
- 3 KidCo Safeway Gate G20 $65
- 4 Cardinal Gate Stairway Special SS-30A $80
- 5 Safety 1st Swing 'N Lock Gate 41780 $30
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The gate itself was nice the hardware is a hard plastic would have like to have seen metal. The gate ordered was white, I recd a black onePublished on January 1, 2014 by Saints Mama
Perfect! Very happy with the gate. Easy to use for my older children and helps keep my little one safe.Published on December 4, 2013 by Amy
I find this gate to be adequate to the task of blocking the top of a stairway in our house and thus preventing our toddler from taking a bad tumble. Read morePublished on July 20, 2010 by Titan of Ice
Pros: mounts easy, works well day-to-day, small bars are strong but not obtrusive, quality built, kids can't climb up since bars are vertical.
Cons: must be sure it's latched. Read more
After much research and a purchase of the "First Years Hands Free Gate" that DOES NOT work well for the top of the stairs, I bought this gate and have been very satisfied so far. Read morePublished on January 15, 2009 by Prop Driver
Instructions OK except that the template for making the holes in the wall did not correspond to the actual distance needed for the holes to fit the gate. Read morePublished on November 2, 2008 by Harriet G. Genberg
I am still in the process of putting this gate up. I live in an older farm home and unfortunately the top of the steps are not even. Read morePublished on October 21, 2008 by R. Hare
Directions did not come in the box, so I had to print them off the internet. Directions were somewhat confusing. Gate is not really easy to open with one hand. Read morePublished on August 14, 2008 by Lori
We bought this as a replacement for a gate my 4 year old couldn't open and close- the baby (11 months) kept getting out and even fell down the stairs once. Read morePublished on July 28, 2008 by luv2mommy