Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Saga of the Swamp Thing, Book 1
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 3, 2016
This takes the Swamp Thing story in a direction I didn't see coming. Originally released when I was quite young, my first attempt to read it was around the age of 9 in the form of a graphic novel picked up by one of my parents at a garage sale.

Needless to say I was too young to understand what Mr. Moore was conveying to his audience. But that didn't stop me from enjoying somewhat the Swamp Time movie and loving the Swamp Thing television show that aired around that same time.

Reading this today gives me a better appreciation for comic book writing. I mean, I knew that writing was important, but seeing it really shine in this way is just something truly masterful.

I hear there are five more volumes by Moore. I'm not sure when, but I'll be reading those.
on May 10, 2016
I'm actually kicking myself right now for not having read this series prior to now; based on everything I have read thus far, the Saga of the Swamp Thing by Alan Moore and Stephen Bissette is by far and away the best super hero-horror comic out there.

The story by Moore builds on everything that had come before in the pages of House of Mystery, Swamp Thing, and Saga of the Swamp Thing while adding new layers and retconning in some very interesting twists. Moore also gets to play around with some of the DC Universe's more obscure or unpopular characters for a couple of issues, as well, most notably the Floronic Man and Etrigan the Demon. In both cases, he captures the most terrifying aspects of both, creating two very distinct, frightening creatures for the titular character to contend with.

Bissette's art is also phenomenal here, creating a dreary scene that isn't neccessarily dark in color in nearly every chapter. The swamp lands of Louisiana have never looked as good as when rendered by Bissette. Additionally, each monstrous character and creature in this volume looks downright terrifying, like something that would come out of H. R. Geiger's nightmares.

If you are like me and haven't read Saga of the Swamp Thing until recently, you need to rectify that mistake as soon as humanly possible.
on May 9, 2016
Alan Moore's Swamp Thing is a breath of fresh air in comics, and one can see what Moore was beginning to bring to it in this early volume. Yet, for all the talk about how amazing this is, I found that it was very good and very adult, but part of my expected a little more given what I know about Moore's later work. Still, the writing is strong--it does take a second to get into the continuity that was left for Moore at the time.
on May 9, 2016
I have the actual issues of the series(one with a Steven Bissette autograph). I had not read a digital graphic novel before. This is almost better than reading the issues due to the way the comic function works. You can focus, frame by frame on the the story (God bless Mr Moore), and the beautiful art of Tottleiben(?) Bisssete and various other artists. I want to thank Amazon for these amazing treatments of some of my all time favorite comics.
on May 4, 2016
I bought this because merely on curiosity and man am I glad I did. Definitely would recommend to any one looking for a good quick read.
on April 20, 2016
Love the swamp thing saga's.
on March 29, 2016
It's fine. Some parts are really good, some aren't as good. Interesting read.
on March 20, 2016
Consider this comic book gold.
on February 27, 2016
This is the best comic I've ever read. It's rich with good writing, amazing art, and unforgettable characters. This is a must have book!
on February 27, 2016
A true American classic. Although written by a British man, Moore has an incredible amount of knowledge when it comes to American history and does a great job at using our countries dark past as inspiration for many of the stories. Swamp Thing deserves a space in any book or comic connoisseurs book shelf.