4.0 out of 5 stars Sailor Moon Volume 2
Published on November 16, 2011 by Serenity-hime

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic story, but bad translating
I've been a HUGE 'Moonie' (sailor moon fan) for so long. I have eagerly awaited the manga returning and this time in ENGLISH! Which excited me. The art on this series is simply beautiful. It catches the eye and is very tastefully done. The books themselves are very thick with wonderful illustrations by Naoko (GODDESS!)
The way Sailor Mercury looks on this cover is so...
Published on January 28, 2012 by Becky

4.0 out of 5 stars Sailor Moon Volume 2, November 16, 2011
This review is from: Sailor Moon 2 (Paperback)
This second volume of Sailor Moon had me super excited because I've been waiting for re-releases for years since the Tokyopop mangas disappointed me with their translation. However it seems Kodansha isn't spell checking or checking grammar before sending these out. At one point Usagi says "What'll should I do." However, this is really the only problem with them this time around. The use of their Japanese names is wonderful since the English names made me want to gag every time I read them. Overall Sailor Moon Volume 2 is worth the price, especially if you're like me and are a huge Sailor Moon fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flows more naturally now that minor translation issues from vol 1 were fixed, November 15, 2011
This review is from: Sailor Moon 2 (Paperback)
This volume of Sailor Moon really finds its voice i feel. The first volume i had minor problems with the translation and of the names "princess' and the use of "bro' . This volume they seem to have worked out those translational issue and now it flows more naturally. Definitely thankful for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any Sailor Moon fan, November 21, 2011
This review is from: Sailor Moon 2 (Paperback)
This second volume of Sailor Moon is just as great as the first. I did have an issue with some of the pages and being too close to the inside of the book so you had to spread the book pretty wide to read what Usagi was saying. Also, I am not sure why Kodansha decided to use A "bunny" for "Bunny" instead of "Usagi". I suppose it was to save space? It was just awkward seeing a little bunny head in place of her name.
Kudos to them for translating!
Though, it is also odd that Usagi's dad would say, "...Say, Mother?" "What is it, Father?"
They had names, didn't they? But hey, oh well.

This volume continues the story right where it left off and even includes a few extra pages of Naoko's early concept artwork! The art is as always, amazingly beautiful and is a great read. A must have for any Sailor Moon fan!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic story, but bad translating, January 28, 2012
This review is from: Sailor Moon 2 (Paperback)
The way Sailor Mercury looks on this cover is so striking. The water droplets are so gorgeous and the Chibi Sailor Mercury on the back cover is a really nice touch! Very 'Sailor Moon Channel'!

It's not the story itself that is bad, it is the translating of words that simply confuse me and sound effects that make no sense at all! I'm not too knowledgeable of Japanese 'honorific's' and what they are, but how the characters talk to each other does not seem logical in any way to me in most of the story.

It is better than the first book, but just not enough. I also am sick of the printing issues. I had no missing pages, but the ink in my book was incredibly LIGHT in parts which made it hard to read and which reminded me of the bad photocopying jobs they did when I was at school to save money...

4.0 out of 5 stars Fan of story however some mistakes made, January 11, 2012
This review is from: Sailor Moon 2 (Paperback)
I'm one of the people that pre-ordered this 2 months in advance and had to discipline myself not to read it until after I opened it for Christmas. While I enjoyed the story some of the pages were a little faded like the ink needed to be changed when they printed but they still used the pages. I also had a slight crease on the back cover which I didn't understand being that I pre-ordered it new. I also caught a few mistakes with the typing like rice rice ball which I think, knowing Japanese is just rice ball, as well as another near the end. Besides that I really want to preorder the rest, I just hope there's no other problems with the printing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great manga but I have green line on the inner colored drawing Ami, January 4, 2012
This review is from: Sailor Moon 2 (Paperback)
Manga nicely but released the first color image of Ami (no cover) has a thin green dash in the middle, so everybody has? Well, these blank pages at the end.Manga somewhat refreshed - electronic equipment.

In Poland, we were issued with japanese manga translations of names since around 1997, moreover, in the anime, too, had japanese names.But I happy because a new edition; is a bit refreshed, nice cover and I still have great affection for this manga.

I ask Amazon about it and I have bad luck with these green line so I can return and have new one.I wait for new SM vol 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars More of the same excellence, November 16, 2011
Rywn "Rywn" (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sailor Moon 2 (Paperback)
Sailor Moon Vol. 2 picks up where volume 1 leaves off. The Sailor Senshi (scouts) currently consist of Sailor Moon, Mars, Mercury and Jupiter, and Tuxedo Mask has revealed that he knows who Sailor Moon's real identity is. Tuxedo Mask in turn, is very obvious about who he is in his everyday life and it is with many sighs of relief on my part that he uses the nickname 'Usako', with Usagi in turn deciding on his nickname as well. The relationship between Usagi and Mamoru continues to evolve in this volume as well, being much more the focus, while Usagi's relationship to her senshi is much more assumed. Vol. 2 also brings us Sailor V - aka Sailor Venus, and the identity of the Moon Princess. Much about the senshi's previous life is revealed in this volume, filling in a few of the gaps to the story.

Vol. 2 keeps a quirk of the Japanese volumes of using a bunny in place of Usagi's name - this is aptly fitting if one remembers that Usagi means 'rabbit' in Japanese. While at first a bit odd, it is easy to pick up and run with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy that Sailor Moon is Back!, November 23, 2011
This review is from: Sailor Moon 2 (Paperback)
I love Sailor Moon! It was my first Anime and my favorite manga. I have read TokyoPop's translation online(which in some ways pretty good and to me has tons of flaws). As other people have pointed there are still some flaws in this round of publishing Sailor Moon, but I honesty don't care about them. I'm just happy to have the manga back, and hopefully the anime! Well if the anime doesn't come back, it's not that bad. I'm happy with the manga being back. I just can't wait for the next Sailor Moon to come out!! I really want some of the other characters to be introduce already!!! That's really the only thing making me crazy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sailor Moon volume 2! One of my favorite volumes so far:), November 19, 2011
This review is from: Sailor Moon 2 (Paperback)
This has got to be one of my favorite volumes so far because it has some of my favorite stories in here that I loved when I was a kid. I remember these stories as plain as day. Felt like a little kid again. Glad to see they are fixing the translations:) It does show that they care. I just find it funny that as I am re-reading the manga I am finding myself liking the anime more than the manga when I used to like the manga more than the anime when I was younger. Here is why. One of the things that bug me is that these girls are only thirteen or fourteen in middle school, but they do not act like it because they are way too serious in the manga. They act like they are seventeen or eighteen years old. Now, I will say that I am glad that Usagi doesn't act like such a ditz in the manga as she does in the anime, but in the anime yes she acts like a ditz but there is times where she does act serious in the anime which I like because there is more of a personality balance. Another thing that bugs me is that the romance develops way too fast in the manga. At least in the anime, I like how Mamoru and Usagi don't get along at first then they fall in love. Plus there was a build up towards their romance. One of the things I wished they did in the anime was how everyone thinks that Sailor V is the princess and not Usagi. Also, I love how more of the Senshi's past is revealed in the manga:) I definitely recommend volume 2 though! It is a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia is over 9000., June 4, 2014
This review is from: Sailor Moon 2 (Paperback)
I love the mangas; the TV show was awesome but sometimes Sailor Moons voice made me want to die inside. The mangas were always my favorite, and I hope Serenas voice is less annoying in the new series in July <3

Sailor Moon 2
Sailor Moon 2 by Naoko Takeuchi (Paperback - November 15, 2011)
$10.99 $9.42