Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 6, 2013

I'm using this with doTERRA oils to keep my bathroom smelling nice and to keep the air and surfaces disinfected and this is much nicer looking (to me) than the doTERRA lotus diffuser. The mist is quite fine and the scent travels farther into the house, so I feel like this unit gives good coverage. It's been great. I really can't stand candles (burning and inhaling wax and artificial scents? yuck!!) and aerosol air fresheners are poison, too. I don't know what took me so long to get one of these!

One other thing I like about this is that it has the option of keeping the light off, though the reason I give this 4 stars is because the colors are really half of what they say (not that I really want a colored light, anyway): The lighter of the shades (each color has a light and a bright shade) flickers like crazy. There is NO WAY you'd want that light on -- it makes my brain hurt for the fraction of a second it takes to click through to the next color.

I've had this for about two months, now, and I use it daily. No problems at all. Easy to clean and has really made our bathroom nicer. I catch my daughter up on her step stool, nose over the mister, from time to time and it's great to know that I don't have to worry about her inhaling anything toxic. :)

---
I just posted this information in response to a question asked of another reviewer and it seems like information worth making more visible:

It is not silent but it is quiet -- soothing, white-noise-machine (but not too loud) type sound. Just the sound of the vibration pad aerosolizing the water/oil.

I don't know about a warranty -- never looked and threw the packaging away, so can't check.

Yes, has a no-light feature -- was very important to me, too!

Yes, timer: 60 minutes, 120 minutes, 180 minutes, and ON (will not shut off until water gets too low). This will not, however, cycle automatically through an on-off cycle (i.e., on for 15 minutes, off for 45, on again, off again, etc.).

The machine turns itself off if the water level gets too low. BUT, since this is not a heat-evaporative unit, I don't know if there would be the same worry about a fire starting if the water ran out. Anyway, I know that it turns off if the water gets too low.

This will keep running for HOURS. I haven't timed it, but I know a full tank will run for at least 8 hours.
33 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2013
After four months or careful use, this item is noisier than it should be, puts out nothing but light and Sainstore has changed the warranty. When purchased in August the warranty was 12 months. Well even with a decent warranty it means nothing on this item because it is IMPOSSIBLE to contact the company. Emails go ignored completely. If anyone posts a disparaging comment on a VERIFIED purchase of their listing, they are quick to respond to those. And how do they respond? Basically by proclaiming that the customer purchased a 'fake'. Unreal. These ALL come from the same sweat shop in China. There is not such think as a Sain brand - just a Sain logo. It's INsain.
on August 27, 2013
I love this product. It works exactly as described, and has exceeded my expectations. The price was really affordable, and after using this for a few weeks, I am Happy happy happy!

Bought another for one of my sisters as a birthday gift, and it was so well received, everyone else in the family now wants one!
And at $50 a pop, Christmas shopping might be more affordable than ever this year!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 10/25/2013 - My unit hasn't been blowing mist for a few days now. I have cleaned it according to the directions, and still nothing. I absolutely loved this unit when it worked, but apparently it just isn't designed to last. I bought it at the end of August, and it has broken within 2 months. Not happy anymore!
66 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2014
It worked good when I got it. It was cleaned per instructions . Quit putting out mist after 2 months . Can't belive they are selling these I see so many people now that wrote product quit working after 2 months !
on March 26, 2014
DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT! Works great for 2 months and then it quit. You can't reach the company for a return/replaced/repair and it's past the Amazon window for returns. Horrible, cheap product.

UPDATE 4/8/2014: The company did finally respond and sent me a replacement unit. I will increase my stars from 1 to 3 and will keep increasing in the months to come if the unit continues to work.

UPDATE 6/12/2014: I have continued to use this product every day since the replacement and it is still working.
on April 2, 2014
Love this item. However, sadly, if you use oil diffusers daily as I do, this item will not last (even if you follow all the suggest care instructions - which I do). It now barely diffuses the oil, and hardly anything comes out. I purchased several and only one still works. I would say if you are going to use this daily and follow the cleaning instructions, you have about a 6 month life expectancy. I am going to purchase 3 new diffusers, but not this brand.
on April 29, 2016
I'm using this with doTERRA oils to keep my bathroom smelling nice and to keep the air and surfaces disinfected and this is much nicer looking (to me) than the doTERRA lotus diffuser. I've never owned an aromatherapy diffuser before, so I have nothing to compare this to, but this is a reasonably quiet (not silent -- works by vibrating a little pad at the base of the water tank to aerosolize the water/oil, so there will be some noise) and the 500 ml tank lasts a very long time.
Yes, has a no-light feature -- was very important to me, too!
product received in exchange for review
on December 5, 2013
I got this just as my son was getting sick. He's a toddler and LOVES the colors. It was so intuitive to set up and use, and you can cycle through the colors of the rainbow - a brighter and deeper version of each - or set it on rotate or white light. It's a little bright to have right next to your bed, so you can also set the light to OFF. You have high and low mist settings along with 3 short-term timer settings. On low the 500 ml reservoir lasted 9 hours. Only one problem - my son took it and won't let me have it back! Now I have to get another one...
on January 3, 2014
First one worked great after waiting 11 weeks for it to arrive!!! then it died after less than 10 hours over two days :/ Had a heck of a time (two months and dozens of emails and eventually had to result to public fb complaint to get company to send me a new one). They told me no replacements after 30 days of the order even though it took FAR longer than that before it even arrived!! The second one finally arrived and did the exact same thing!!! Quit after 12hours of use!!!! Tried everything to get them to work again to no avail. So now I have TWO DEAD diffusers sitting here and no good ones!!!! Beyond disgusted! My first Young Living diffuser lasted 4 years with about 8 hours a day of use. I will be getting my next one from them again. Really a waste of money and tons of frustration. As I had to save for months to order this I am MOST disgusted and will spend the winter months (when I need to diffuse Thieve's, RC and Eucalyptus Globulus the MOST to keep my family of 11 healthy!) without a diffuser. VERY upset.
on August 7, 2015
I thought this was the best diffuser and used it about once weekly until it broke in May. I began using it sometime in January 2015 after the Dec. order, and am surprised that the diffuser part (the "mood" lighting still works) broke after 6 months of occasional usage. Too bad it cannot be returned.