Published on November 11, 2012 by Mr. Bill

1.0 out of 5 stars Glasses no longer work, apathetic customer service
I bought four of these in December 2013. They all worked alright at first. Now only one of them works. I've been charging the other three for a week, with both a PS3 and a PS4, for hours at a time. They won't turn on unless they're plugged in, which is no use to me. I emailed SainSonic customer support and they said they wouldn't help me because I bought from Amazon and...
Published 26 days ago by Andrew

4.0 out of 5 stars Virtually the same model number as, but way different than, the black glasses., November 11, 2012
Mr. Bill (Washington State, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SainSonic SSZ-200DLW 3D Active Rechargeable Shutter Glasses for DLP-Link Projector, White (Electronics)
I just wanted to drop a quick review for these glasses while comparing them to the SainSonic branded SSZ-200DLB 3D Active Rechargeable Shutter Glasses for DLP-Link Projector *Black*, which you might presume are the same glasses but in a different color since the model numbers are virtually identical. They are very different. This white pair is a little more comfortable, as it has a rubberized nose piece and the tips of the ends that go over your ears are also rubberized and therefore more comfortable than the black pair, which is just a solid hunk of hard plastic.

Other notable differences between the two glasses: The charging cables are different so the cable won't function with both glasses, and the button to activate the glasses is on opposite sides. Neither of those differences are a problem, but I just find it odd that two products with virtually the same model number are not at all the same, except for the lens size. Functionally, they are identical when you are viewing 3D content.

Here was my experience: Paired with a Optoma GT750E 3000 Lumen 720p 3D-Gaming Projector and a PS3 with Crysis 2 on a 100-inch screen, it took about 5 minutes of troubleshooting to get them to work. Then I finally got the 3D to work. At first, I didn't like the 3D effect at all, it was definitely straining my eyes, but I knew something must have been wrong... Once I learned that you press the (only) button on the glasses to invert/swap the left/right views, WOW! I was very much blown away. For the next 20 minutes I turned into a mouth-breather.

I give these 4 stars because they are very suitable as an extra pair of affordable, functional glasses for guests. I personally will keep looking for a decent pair or two for myself as these don't block out much from the peripheral view, and the field of view is smaller than I would prefer due to the smaller lens size (vertically). But they will do just fine for now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good set of glasses, December 10, 2012
I got these because they were the cheapest glasses I could find with DLP-Link. I wasn't sure if I would like 3D, so I figured I would go for these.

After watching Brave and Spiderman in 3D, I think it's safe to say these glasses do the job, and do it really well for the price.

My only complaint is that they were slightly uncomfortable by the end of the movie. The glasses can hold their signal pretty well, also.

They were really easy to set up as well. Just turned on DLP-Link on my Mitsubishi WD73642, and press the button on the glasses. Easy :).

Will probably just purchase more of these instead of going for the more expensive glasses later on.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the money, they're satisfactory, June 27, 2012
I recently bought my first 3D enabled display device so, needless to say, I was anxious to jump in and see what the home 3D experience is all about. In an effort to save some money, I opted for these glasses. Paired with my Optoma HD33, they get the job done and at a decent value.

The packaging is quite nice. The glasses come with a soft pouch for storage, a small cleaning rag, a USB cable for charging, and a small instruction card. All of these items are packed neatly in a strong, sleek box with a magnetic latch. I wasn't expecting this quality packaging, given the relatively low price.

The instructions are about as clear as one would need to get the glasses working properly. There isn't much to these, to be honest. I briefly glanced over the setup procedure while sitting on the toilet and was able to recall all of the steps from memory when I got into the projector room.

My first impression of the glasses was that they're not particularly comfortable. They certainly aren't what I would consider to be uncomfortable, but they don't disappear on your face as I would have liked. This was only a slight inconvenience as I was prepared for this possibility before ordering them.

I tried wearing them both with my prescription glasses and without. They were quite a bit more comfortable when I was wearing my glasses under them. I can only assume that this is because my frames were helping to keep the hard plastic from contacting my head. Regardless of how I was wearing them, I had no issue tolerating the slight discomfort for the duration of a movie.

It should be noted that I have quite a large head and I tend to be sensitive to pressure. I still have no major complaints. I may try a few DIY tricks for increasing the comfort but, as they stand, they're not terrible.

As far as picture quality goes, they met my expectations. The picture brightness drop wasn't as drastic as I was expecting. I noticed that my 3D content was hard to look at. I had a hard time figuring out if it was actually working properly. As it turns out, all I had to do was reverse the left and right lenses to get it to look correct. This was very easy to accomplish with the easy-to-access button on the frame of the glasses (the same one that turns the glasses on and off). Once I had that situated, the 3D effect was quite enjoyable.

One quirk that I noticed was the occasional white flash. It is my understanding (and I could be wrong) that it's how the glasses sync with the display. It is very brief but it was noticeable. It definitely didn't distract me from the movie so I'm not losing any sleep over it. For all I know, all DLP link glasses behave this way. These are my first 3D glasses so I can't draw any comparisons between these and other models, unfortunately.

All things considered, these provide solid performance at a respectable value. If you can deal with some slight discomfort, these probably won't let you down. Keep your expectations realistic. I assume that anyone looking at these is willing to compromise in a few areas to save money. These are about the cheapest DLP link glasses that I've come across. I'd definitely buy a couple more sets (though I'd love to see them drop below $25). I want to give them a 5/5 rating but I am holding back. A solid 4/5 seems more appropriate. The slight flaws don't bother me very much but they very well may be deal breakers for more picky or discerning individuals.

My next pair of glasses will likely be one of the higher rated, more costly models so I can decide if it's worthwhile to spend twice as much on one pair. Until I reach that conclusion on my own, I'll be happily using these to enjoy my limited 3D library.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Product, May 24, 2013
It works perfectly fine with my Viewsonic PJD 5134. Image clearity is good. Its very easy to set up and use. Value for money. I would recommend this product to those who dont want to spend much on 3d glasses, for them this one serves the purpose pretty well.

5.0 out of 5 stars tried many glasses, January 14, 2013
Steve Ford (San Diego, ca United States) - See all my reviews
After trying Optoma, 3DTV, True Depth, and SainSonic, I have to choose these as the winner. I did run into a defective set from 3DTV. That was upsetting since 3DTV corp made me pay for return shipping on their defective product. But as for functionality of the different brands, I have to say there is little difference. All the DLP-Link glasses seem to operate about the same. I wouldn't read much into any reviews that claim one set "works" better than another. So really it comes down to comfort, and cost. These are the cheapest I've tried($33). And feel as comfy as any others. There are some 20 dollar sets for sale, but they don't have sides on the frames that block out light. SainSonic is the winner IMO.

BTW, there is the issue of rechargeable or not. Only the 3DTV glasses were not. And they would be VERY easy for kids to leave on. Only a tiny blue light randomly blinking tells you they are on. Definitely grab rechargeable glasses or you'll go through a lot of batteries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Working fine and probably the cheapest glass you can find., May 19, 2012
I paid a bit more on same SainSonic glass (black) on Ebay with higher shipping cost.

Works fine with ViewSonic LED projector.
Watching RIO in 3D with no problem.

Didn't noticed discomfort as other reviewer, and actually this one is more comfy than more expensive ones that I have.

Good size for adult head, and big for kid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for 3d experience, May 31, 2013
Very comfortable glasses.. I recommend these glasses over some high priced glasses.
I also bought Black one, but While are more comfortable and stylish. too big for Kids.

Here some advises on how to use.

1 With Acer H6510BD projector just us as it is .
2 For Optoma HD25 you need to change 3d Option to DLP (They do not work with VESA 3d option ) . and enable Sync option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, November 30, 2013
Works good with LG PA75U DLP link 3D projector... Will recommend to friends.. 3D reception was good no flickering..... Will buy more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, February 10, 2013
Received them very promptly and work as expected. Took over an hour to charge them for the first time. Bought 5 to replace the black model of Sainsonic. I like these better for comfortability, lightweigh and stylish look.
No sync problema so far. I'm using them with an Optoma 750e with a ~200 inch projected screen and at 10 feet distance. No instructions are needed for set up. These are very user friendly.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice and easy, February 6, 2013
Mark S Shouey (LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, US) - See all my reviews
charged them up turned everything on and it all worked perfect with my optima projector don't know much about the quality since I don't have anything to compare them too