5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, could not put it down!
Published on January 31, 2001 by Rick Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars So glad I found this book again
The story is beautiful. I'd love to read it again as an adult.

I originally read this book as a pre-teen in the 70's. My copy was an old, worn, blue hard-cover.
I lost it in a move to and from Puerto Rico, but have looked for another copy ever since.

Thank goodness for the internet and Amazon!
Published 20 months ago by Lana

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, could not put it down!, January 31, 2001
This review is from: Saint Therese and the Roses (Vision Books Series) (Paperback)
What I loved about this book was I learned about Saint Therese and her "little way" inside a sweet easy read novel rather than an biography on her. Now I can't wait to read the deeper "reads" but this book I read in 2 days and fell in love with her and her family. Her family taught me how my family could model hers. I truly fell in love with this book and have bought it for friends who have loved it--and their older children. I can't wait to read it to my 4 and 5 year old boys in a couple more years when they can have a story read to them without pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saint Therese and the Roses, April 3, 2001
B. Becker (Brooklyn, NY USA) - See all my reviews
As a little girl, I must have read this lovely book at least a dozen times -- the 'divine romance' of little Therese and the difficult life of a cloistered Carmelite convent. Every page thrilled me -- her 'vision' during a childhood illness, her anguished parting from her beloved sisters as they entered the convent before her, her fervor and innocence. Although written in the style of another era, this book captures some profound truths about the nature of children's spirituality, and is a classic from another and more challenging era of Catholic devotion. It is now my pleasure to buy it for my goddaughter for her First Communion; this young lady, with her love of high drama in literature, will no doubt love it as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful story, February 8, 2009
This is a beautifully written account of the Martin family, focusing on St. Therese's childhood. Filled with moments of light humor and lessons learned, the story's sweetness and warmth really touched me...as a child, and now as an adult reading it to my own children. In fact, I'm currently reading this to my third-grade class and they never want me to put it down--moaning every time I stop. I've also read Story of a Soul which you should pick up if you want a more in-depth, intellectual look into St. Therese's "little way." I've never read a book quite like St. Therese and the Roses--it's an amusing way to teach children and adults about the saint's wisdom. Love it like I love Little Women!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LITTLE THERESE, January 2, 2013
HER STORY IS BEAUTIFUL. SHE LOVES JESUS IN HER LITTLE WAY.. I READ SUCH A BOOK WHEN I WAS 8 OR SO..NOW AM 76 AND WANTED MY GRANDDAUGHTERS TO KNOW OF HER... I WOULD RECOMMEND HER STORY TO ANYONE...nana

5.0 out of 5 stars The same great story, June 16, 2014
I loved this as a child and am happy to find this to pass on to my daughter. An inspiration to us all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful story, December 29, 2013
This is a well-written book on the life of St. Therese. It is the perfect book for children who are ready to explore the life of the saint in greater depth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Raising little Saints, October 13, 2014
jonah (Fort Gordon, GA 30905) - See all my reviews
My wife and I try to inspire the Catholic faith in our children. My daughter read it, then read it to her brother and sister. I've heard more than once now that the want to be Saints someday. It's priceless to watch my childrens faith grow. I've had to buy several books about the Saints lives for children.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd give the seller 100%, August 18, 2014
The book came right on time as promised. It also looks brand new. I was very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 23, 2014
Beautifully written. Lovely, sweet and inspirational.

3.0 out of 5 stars So glad I found this book again, April 24, 2013
The story is beautiful. I'd love to read it again as an adult.

Thank goodness for the internet and Amazon!

Saint Therese and the Roses (Vision Books Series)
Saint Therese and the Roses (Vision Books Series) by Helen Walker Homan (Paperback - September 1, 1997)
$9.95 $9.88