Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 17, 2014
I'm a Buckeye born & bred, grew up in Columbus, watched OSU games with my dad, (I distincally remember my dad threatening to lock my mom in the closet because she wouldn't quit talking during a Michigan game). I went to OSU (1972-1976, same years as Archie Griffin), & never missed a game. I thought I knew just about everything about Buckeye football, but turns out I didn't! I really learned a lot reading this book. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks Mr Hunter.
on September 1, 2013
A lot of the anecdotes are repeated throughout the story, but I think it serves to tie everything together into a single narrative thread. Well written book by a person who cares deeply for the team and shows it in every chapter.
on February 26, 2015
Ohio State Football is not a matter of life and death....it's more important than that. Great book for Buckeye Nation fans. A true history book explains how we ended up with a fealty for the Buckeyes. I'm from Elyria and played at Ohio Wesleyan. Those places are woven into the fabric of THE OHIO STATE TRADITION AND HISTORY. Great Book.
on December 18, 2012
I had a great time reading through the history of Ohio State football as told in this book. I learned so much I didn't know before. From the stories about Chic Harley launching OHIO STATE football to Jack Tatum switching from running back to defense his sophomore year (when defense was finally given some priority) to Woody taking players to classrooms at other schools (and ultimately getting up and lecturing in a molecular biology class)...WOW! Great job. I recommend this entertaining and informative book to college football fans everywhere!
on February 2, 2013
Provided a nice history of OSU football as well as history of OSU in general as well as the Columbus area. Enjoyed reading about some of the early stars that I knew very little about. While Mr. Hunter is obviously a fan of OSU sports I believe he does give a fairly objective view of the subject. Made the vacation I was on while I read the book much more enjoyable.
on February 27, 2013
I enjoyed this book for a variety of reasons. First of all, it gives a great overall history of OSU football. It also gives some very interesting local history. I live in Columbus and work at OSU, and I found it fascinating to read about certain landmarks that were not only familiar, but some that I could go "Hey, I know where that is! I've walked there!" Living and working in the OSU environment, I also got a good sense of the author's portrail of just how ridiculous this town can be with regard to Buckeye football. Believe it or not, though, this isn't necessarily a criticism, of my town or the book. Buckeye sports events are a blast to participate in. I've gone to several events and have thoroughly enjoyed myself. But I must admit, however, that for some folks, Buckeye football seems to be their entire life in a lot of ways, at least in how they let wins/loses affect their mood, sometimes even their personalities and who they associate with. I've seen Facebook quotes from friends of friends that read 'if you're not a Buckeye fan, don't talk to me.' If it all makes them happy then hey, to each is own and I'm in no way trying to take anything away from it. Buckeye football is really all Columbus has; we're not Cincinnati or Cleveland. Ane we all have our passions and should enjoy life to the fullest. But come on, really? Anyway, back to the book, the author seems to say these exact things very subtly, like something hidden between the lines. He finds a nice way of balancing the history and passion of Buckeye football with the craziness of it all, but he is not mean or critical about it. He shows just how passionate this town can be about its football team. It makes for very informative, entertaining reading. I highly recommend it.
on January 6, 2013
This historical look at OSU football and the OSU fan base is an interesting read. There are several inaccuracies in some of the facts and a lot of repitition in some of the tales, however.
on June 2, 2014
The book is more about the history of Osu football than it is about woody, but it's a good book and I learned a lot about Osu history
on August 4, 2014
Purchased for a friend. She found it most informative.
on May 6, 2016
Woodies was a great coach -the very best