Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Ramirez UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Labor Day Sale in Wine Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more

Saints Row IV
Format: Video GameChange
Price:$18.26+$3.95shipping

This is a definite must have for any Saints Row fan as we get to the top of the power pyramid as President Of The United States though those blasted space aliens had to go and ruin it. The game play and style are reminiscent of past SR games and you'll also get some joy seeing some old and new characters from the Saints Row Universe making the way into this latest game.

Obviously this game isn't meant to be taken seriously and if anyone did then obviously they've never played any Saints Row game. The graphics and soundtrack are great and the one liners the characters say throughout the game will make you give out a laugh or two. Pretty much like the previous game you'll also be able yo upgrade your characters abilities throughout the game some which are needed others not so much but still fun to use.

So if you already have the previous games or just looking for a great game to enjoy in general then look no farther as Saints Row IV is here for you to acquire.
on September 24, 2013
This game is pure mindless fun. This game is not GTA V, but that might not be a bad thing.

The Saints Row series didn't really get much popularity until part three of the series .This is just one reviewers opinion but it seems to me that part three is where the series obtained its own style and embraced crazy gameplay in a different way. When playing saints row you will feel how similar the aesthetics of these two series are from the controls to the map to the dialogue.

The Saints Row series trys to embrace its craziness and unrealistic nature. Nearly from the first minute you can jump into helicopters and you can run or swim from one end of the map. There are unlock-able weapons but you get a huge arsenal of crazy items to run around with from the start.

GTA has always had crazy missions and I am not trying to downplay its greatness in the least. Saints Row has been able to craft it's own insanity. For example, there is a mission where you have a high speed chase involving rickshaws pulled by naked people. Gunshots at these rickshaws Rouault in pleasant explosions.

Saints Row four gave me some concern when I read about it. There is a large amount of superhero activity in this game and I was concerned it would detract from the fun. I was wrong. This makes the game extremely enjoyable. You ear powers and you spend the game jumping and flying around.

The main negative from having these powers is that you will not use vehicles anywhere near as much as you did in the previous versions, it simply isn't as easy or as much fun. When thinking about this game think of CRACKDOWN. It has the same brand of running jumping hulk-style pandemonium.

If you have ever enjoyed previous editions of Saints row or even GTA I think you will like this. Part of me wants to say that Saints Row is what GTA could have become if it had embraced its cartoon nature instead of mastering the art of creating virtual city.

If you like to blow stuff up and you want some mindless open world fun you should check this out.
on August 26, 2013
I had never played a Saints Row game until SR3. I thought it was just a cheap fart-joke, knock-off of GTA. I played SR3 and really enjoyed it, minor gripes aside. Liked the humor and the lighthearted approach to gameplay that it had. I got Saints Row 4 thinking that it would be a fun, summertime game that wouldn't stick with me much beyond the couple of weeks I spent playing it. I have to say, this game is EASILY the most fun game I have played all year. It doesn't have the story of a Bioshock or the graphics of a Crysis. It doesn't have the emotional weight and drain that a lot of games with their heavy (albeit great) stories have (Last of Us, Bioshock: Infinite, Metro, Metal Gear). It is just all about having ridiculous servings of fun. I have not been able to put this game down. The super powers are fantastic and make the game a riot to play. The weapons (Dubstep gun, 'Merica Gun, Inflato Ray) make you laugh your face off while wreaking havoc on aliens. The gameplay has been fine tuned significantly since SR3 and the super powers...Awesome. The game is self-referential and self-deprecating while also being an homage to nearly any sci-fi movie, trope, or concept over the past two decades. Funny dialogue. Sing alongs with Pierce. It's all there. I truly cannot recommend this game enough. Embrace the crazy.
on August 20, 2013
I loved saints row 3, and was both completely trusting this would be great, and worried it would not be great at the same time. when I read about super powers and aliens and all that I figured the game could turn out to just be dumb, but I was wrong. it's basically a new version of saints row 3 at super speed. the super sprint, super jump, and crazy stuff like running up walls does not make the game (any more) silly than it originally was, it just makes it much more fun. If you liked saints row the 3rd and can suspend your take of reality even further than you needed to in that game, this wont disappoint. most of the characters are back, and it will all feel familiar like you are back home in steelport. As mentioned on the original saints 4 announcement, its NOT a completely new game in any sense. its the same game engine, same map, same basic concepts throughout, but exponentially crazier. if you want a completely relaxing, unrealistic game of total mayhem, this one is for you. Again, this isn't grand theft auto, you have super powers, you are fighting aliens, so don't buy this then say "this is ridiculous" "this is unrealistic". if you do, its your own fault. to use a totally overused cliché, its saints row the 3rd on steroids. it feels like you are playing saints row the 3rd but in the movie "The Matrix".
on September 3, 2013
Is it a good game? Yes. It has the comic book type storyline like the other Saints Row games, adds some good features (like the super powers and the ability to customize your firepower) and some of the minigames are pretty interesting.
Is it a "new" game? No. It's a full-on continuation of Saints Row 3 in the exact same world. It's basically a giant bonus pack. The alien stuff is different, but this one seemed like lazy writing. They had the "world" laid out, refined the graphics of the people a little, added some new costumes, and then built the new things from there. Lazy. It was like "The Ballad of Gay Tony" or "Undead Nightmare" from the Rockstar lines of GTA and RDR, respectively.

Should you pay $60 for it. No. Wait until the price comes down because it's really not worth that much. Save your money for the new GTA or Assassin's Creed unless you absolutely have to play a new Saints Row game. BUT... when the price comes down, buy it. It IS a fun game, but not worth that price.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 7, 2014
First off, this game is ridiculously fun. The quests, reactions, and conversations are all hilarious and yet the game knows when to be serious. A far cry from all of the "serious all the time" games, and a welcome break at that.

I do have some issues. There are some glitches (unintentional), but they aren't too common. The side quests are very repetitive after a while, which detracts a bit from the fun, and there isn't a new game plus (not necessary, but would have been nice). I have some other minor gripes, but they are more along the lines of personal taste rather than serious problems.

If you want to just have some fun, blow things up, and cause havoc with your gang (and yes, they get super powers too), get this game. It doesn't take itself too seriously, and Saints Row is finally becoming a game in its own right rather than another clone or spoof.
on October 6, 2013
I am a huge fan of the Saints Row series and I have enjoyed every game. Saints Row 2 is my favorite. If you are one of the those purist classic SR fans who hated Saints Row the Third then this game is not for you. If you loved Saints Row the Third then you need to get this game. I personally like it both ways, eventhough SR 2 is my favorite I do like the craziness that the series is turning into to set them apart from GTA. SR is no longer a GTA clone. They have developed into something that is all their own now. Saints Row IV shows that. Think of Saints Row the Third and Saints Row IV as Scary Movie is to Scream. If you want to have fun and not care how serious the story is then this game is for you. If you want endless freedom in an open world with great music, awesome super powers, tons of great activities to do, then this game is for you. I love the series for what it is. A goofy parody of many games and movies but it is done well and most of all fun. I give it 5 stars because of that. There is only one negative that I could see is that the game tended to freeze up on me quite a few times but that didn't take away my fun. My advice is every time you do a mission, activity, or customize your vehicles or clothes then save your game. In conclusion I would like to say to 2 words, Johnny Gat!
on November 18, 2014
But if I had paid $60 for this, I wouldn't be too happy. This is basically an add on for 3 but they slapped 4 on it instead. If I can remember correctly, I think that I have read somehwere that this game was originally supposed to be an add on to 3. Not sure but besides that, SR4 is a good fun game. It is pretty much 3 but with some additions. One of them is superpowers. At first I was like "oooo... kay. They added powers to it?" but they are a nice addition.

The game still takes place in Steelport, however, there have been some changes to the environment. Obviously one of them is the alien ship but they have made some changes to the city to accomodate your players powers. The story is crazy and over the top which is something I don't mind because that is what you get when you buy a saints row game. It's not bad but I found the last one to be a little better.

********POSSIBLE SPOILER!!! ALERT!!!********( PART ENDS WITH * LINE)

The story is crazy and over the top which is something I don't mind because that is what you get when you buy a saints row game. It's not bad but I found the last one to be a little better. Again, the game takes place in Steelport but, it is in a virtual world. When starting the story, the main character (leader of the Saints)is now President of The United States of America. You'll go do a couple of things and then all of a sudden, there's aliens that start taking your crew and everyone else in the White House. Your character eventually gets taken. When heading back to earth, earth gets blown up. Now you're stuck on a ship and if you want to go back to "earth" you will have to do so in a simulator. This may sound weird but I like being on REAL earth better. I miss it to be honest (Laugh Out Loud). I kind of wish they did that differently.

**************************************************************************************

The story is short but it isn't bad. This time, you are fighting against one faction instead of multiple gangs like the last few games. You know how when you have your favorite song come on and you want to listen but you have to stop listening to it because you have to get out of a vehicle in order to do a mission, buy weapons, etc.? Well not anymore! You can always listen to songs whether you're running down pedestrians in a car or on foot. One of the features that I wish they took from Saints Row 2 was the ability to replay missions. I'll sometimes get bored with freeroam and want to play a few of the main missions. I don't know why they got rid of it.

There isn't too much of a difference between 3 and 4 in my opinion. There are some new weapons and a few other things but still. This feels more like an add on but overall, even though I'll sometimes get bored playing IV, it's good and it's fun. $30 is a little overpriced for just the game by itself in my opinion but it is the maximum price I'd get it for. I got my copy the with all the content for $30 and it was worth the price. If you like crazy, over the top games, this is the game for you. If you are looking for something serious or somewhat serious, Saints Row IV is not that type of game. I do recommend this. For those that are still iffy, it's definitely worth renting.
on October 29, 2013
Just great! If you love open world games, with powers, this is the game for you! Pew pew pew take that ALIENS!!!
on March 15, 2014
This game is average for me, its like playing part 3 but with super powers, I don't know why but the super powers really seem to take away much from the game, I mean why would you use a car if you character could literally leap father and run faster than any car in the game. Its a great game that you will enjoy for a while but unlike the older ones, it losses its appeal fairly quickly.