Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Saitek Aviator Dual Throttle Joystick ( PS33 )" and save 37% off the $39.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Saitek Aviator Dual Throttle Joystick ( PS33 )
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Rapid fire trigger / 4 buttons
- 8-way 'point-of-view' hat switch
- 4 two-way toggle switches / 3D Twist Rudder control
- Dual throttles / Single spring gimbal mechanism
- Works with: Windows XP, XP64 and Vista (all versions) Windows 7
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
Has twist for yaw built into the handle and 8 position pov. Duel throttle is nice but I dont believe they can work independant. I have to play around with it some more. Plenty of extra buttons and toggles to program.
I always liked Saitek because they make joysticks that can be configured for us Lefty's. This joystick works for both left and right handers out of the box. The joystick has all the features of some of the more expensive joysticks, but 1/2 the cost.
The Saitek Aviator is a moderately priced, combat themed joystick that has a plethora of buttons and a dual throttle to boot. The missile launch button illuminates red so you'll never forget which button to release hell. It also has a safety cover. The best part of the joystick was the little to none deadspace. The stick is kept taught by a coiled steel spring and has a dust cover to protect dust from entering the pivot ball.
The only cons I have noticed is that the Aviator is a bit on the light side and maybe could use another POV hat, but can't really expect much for the low price.
All in all, a decent stick for a great price, you won't be disappointed.
Update after using it for 3 months:
The joystick is still responsive although it is not as tight as when I first got it. Highly recommended for the casual simmer.
I should say that everything has worked so far great in terms of basic operations, setting up with the game, etc, but this joystick has shown a few little drawbacks, which are a bit annoying.
1. The base is too light, so during gaming I have to hold it with my left hand to prevent the joystick from unnecessary moves around the desk. I remember my Saitek Cyborg 3d model was much heavier making it more stable than Aviator. This is very unfortunate.
2. The panel which should be attached at the bottom of the stick and should support your hand was quite hard to attach around the stick. The screws were hard to put, as a result the panel is loose now and I don't have the ability to tighten the screws.
3. In my previous joystick it was possible to move that supporting panel lower or higher to the stick, so people with smaller hands (kids) could use it comfortably. This one doesn't allow to do this, so my 8-year old sone is quite uncomfortable using it as his hand lacks support from beneath.
In all other points I like it but would probably try something else soon.
The HAT works very well and is easy to use even in 8-Way mode.
The only complaint I have concerns the throttle. The double throttle allows you to bind the two together or operate separately. The other day the button which connects the two throttles just popped out and hasn't been very sturdy since. It operates like an ink pen button.
Its easy to program. Addition to having the trigger & 3 buttons on the stick to program, there are four "toggles" to program 2 functions each if wanted. All of the controls can be assigned new functions by switching the mode selector to another mode (OFF, A or B). The toggles alone give 24 functions! The 2 "throttles" are handy. Right now, I have one throttle set for "throttle" and one for the flaps on a I-16, Type 18 fighter. With the correct "in-game" settings it works great. If your not sure that you want to spend $150+ on a new HOSTAS, the high number of programming options make the AV8R a great alternative.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A great stick that is sadly no longer available new. I've used with Windows Vista and 10. Plug & play with both. Works great for MS Flight Simulator. Read morePublished 5 days ago by throgmo
great, works in linux (switch set to mode B). a rudder is a must in flight sticks. this has rudder and throttle, which is great. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Michael Scarn
Front switches are wobbly and feels like they are going to break. The center spring is way to tight. Feels very very cheap.Published 4 months ago by Stan Rickman
Great item for the money. Responsive, attractive and thought out. I found it a little light footed, but a few stick on weights or the like (Pincar Derby car weights are great) give... Read morePublished 18 months ago by RJM1138
This is one of the best joysticks I have used. You don't need the downloadable software as it is confusing to program and use
I just plugged it in and programmed buttons in... Read more
Although it's described as a PS3 device it works fine with my PC. Although it's light, it doesn't slide all over when using the stick, even in maneuvers unless you are way more... Read morePublished on May 22, 2013 by J. Hand