Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Saitek R440 Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 31, 2003
Liked:
Realism and performance: The latest implementation of Force Feedback supports 16 effects simultaneously (earlier generations: one at a time) for the most accurate feel - and hence best driving performance.
Styling: Saitek are wild!
Pedals: top-hinged - and engineering masterpiece. The payoff: precision and stability
Programming software: drag-n-drop quick and easy
Value for money
Disliked:
Color scheme
on March 30, 2004
Considering it is a fairly cheap wheel I suppose you get what you pay for;
It is sturdy but the pedals dont have a high enough resistance and IMO have too much travel in them.
The paddles are easy to reach but the other buttons are a little awkward and take some searching-for if you are in the heat of a moment.
The steering is EXTREMELY notchy, which for the game I play makes this wheel almost impossible to use with certain high powered rear wheel cars that are extremely sensitive to slight movements.
on December 4, 2010
Have had this setup for years and while it still works great I've semi-retired it and use a G-25 Logitech nowadays. It'll still make a great backup if the G-25 breaks down!
on December 7, 2014
Though the one I purched through GreatGoods2012 was in poor condition and lacked a power cable I eventually got a decently priced one elsewhere. The Saitek 440 is the only budget wheel worth considering if you're sim racing. The next best option is approximately $60 further up the market. More, the pedals are versatile and easy to install and the build quality is very solid.
on August 18, 2006
I think that the wheel itself is excellent for the price. I play Richard Burns Rally with it, and it does its job very well. The wheel itself is sturdy. The clamping system for the wheel to stay put on the desk fits almost anywhere in any position, normal or odd. My desk is on a corner and it fits on the corner of my room. The moniter is on the center where this corner is, so usually, most things have trouble fitting, but this fits almost perfectly. My only trouble I had with installing this was that the software was out of date and was not compatible with XP. It took me a bit to realize that, but the website had the newer drivers. The software itself is confusing and sort of iffy, however, it is not too bad and it does it's job. Its conveinient but also problematic because the wheel calibrates itself as you play, it's not a perfect system, but it does the job. The only other qualm I have is that the cord for the pedal to the wheel is short, but I have special requirements so it's all good.
on August 4, 2015
this is my 2nd one and its just fine
on September 30, 2003
This wheel is good: it feels in hands more real than Logitech Wingman Force GP and MS SideWinder FF2. Buttons are comfortable; pedals are unusual, but works good and never slips on the floor.
But it has *big* problem - drivers (at least, for Win2k). After couple weeks of struggling I've returned it and have bought Logitech Momo Racing Wheel. And glad about that, MOMO is much better :)
Bottom line: really good wheel, but not for Win2k
on September 22, 2005
I bought this wheel for 80 dollars at Circuit City, and to tell the truth it was a waste of my money. It is very bulky and it barely fit on my desk, and the racing just isn't realistic in my opinion. After one week (I took very good care of it) it just broke, stopped working. I reccomend you spend your money on something else.
on February 10, 2007
I got this driving wheel to enjoy the GT Legends game for Windows PC. After having had it for some months, I'd say that I was disappointed with the way the motors interpret the forces, which is (in my opinion) unrealistic. The self- centering point actually seems to work against you as you are speeding down the straightaway, causing one to have to rock the wheel back and forth to maintain your path. So as a consequence, I have turned off all force feedback effects so I can maintain better control.

I think the best thing about the design of this product is that the pedals, while feeling a bit on the flimsy side (afraid I will break them if I jam on them too much) are a good ergonomic for your feet, and feel relatively OK.

I found myself later on wishing I had purchased the Logitech FFB, as its operation seems a bit more in line with what one would expect with a driving sim. That, and Logitech is more popular with some folks I know on line who drive racing sims.

Do yourself a favor- for the money it may seem like a good deal, but for a bit more, Logitech may be a better choice.