4.0 out of 5 stars one good, one defective
Published on December 20, 2010 by E. S. Noyes

1.0 out of 5 stars SCAM! Made in China from very cheap synthetic fabric
This shawl is made in China from very cheap synthetic fabric, Acrylic 55% and Viscose 45%. It is not Pashmina [a type of Cashmere.] It feels terrible. Maybe at one time this item was made of Pashmina but NOT ANY MORE. THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISING. We returned it for a refund, no other choice. Total waste of time.
Published on December 1, 2011 by 60Chevy

1.0 out of 5 stars SCAM! Made in China from very cheap synthetic fabric, December 1, 2011
60Chevy (Madison, WI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sakkas 70" x 28" Border Pattern Layered Woven Pashmina Shawl Scarf Wrap Stole (Apparel)

1.0 out of 5 stars not as I expected, January 14, 2011
after reading other reviews, I was greatly disappointed; seemed to be cheaply made and even had a large flaw down the back. Although the colors were quite nice, the shaw was not worth the $25.00 pricetag. I returned it immediately. I do not like to speak negatively about anything, but this is for the good of others looking to buy...

2.0 out of 5 stars A Not so Great Gift Idea, December 4, 2011
I read the reviews for this item before making an order thinking, "well how bad can it really be?" Apparently pretty embarrasing.

Ok, just to set a background on myself. I used to have a novelty distributing business for convenience stores in my local area and having such, had access to hundreds of wholesale vendors selling cheep knockoff items. I rate this as such and know they couldn't have paid more than $5 for each scarf.

So lets begin with false advertising.
Pashmina: refers to a type of fine cashmere wool and the textiles made from it.
This item: Acrylic 55% Viscose 45% (Cashmere???, I think not)

Next up is quality: I received these scarfs in a well packed shipping box. Inside I found three clear plastic bags which I promply took the scarfs out of. (I'm gifting these and do not want the packaging to show how truly cheep these scarfs are) Since I read the reveiws before I purchased, I went ahead and opened each scarf to check the quality of the weave.

I had to carefully cut many loose threads from these very loosely woven scarves. Any slight tug would deform the surrounding fabric, which is dissapointing. I love to wear jewelry and I know the women that are getting these also wear jewelry. I forsee these easily being snagged by necklaces, rings, earrings and bracelets if they even have one slightly rough surface. And once this happens, it will start a domino effect of snags and puckers.

Visual impression: I purchased the Black/Red; Black/White; Gray.
The Black/Red one is by far the prettiest, because you can actually see the designs in the scarf. The other two look almost identical, although the Black/White one has slightly more color in it. They look washed out and have very little detail.

Fabric Feel: The discription of this item says "double layer". It is accurate, although the fabric is so thin, it feels like a single layer. The outside is a little rough, not soft like Pashmina (so I don't know how they even get away with calling it that) The inside is a little softer, but not by much. Not for keeping you warm on those really cold days, but would keep a slight breeze for biting your skin.

Final impressions: Would I purchase again? No! Would I recommend to anyone else? No! I don't even thing I would consider these as a cheep gift for those people on your list who you would feel bad if you got nothing for them. Just don't waste your money, because this scarf is not built to last. If you want it for a one time wear, it may be possible, but I don't think $20 is worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars one good, one defective, December 20, 2010
I ordered two of these shawls, one burgundy and one blue. The burgundy, which has olive trim, was for myself and is soft, generously sized and a really lovely color. The one I bought for a Christmas present for my best friend, the blue with what looks on my monitor like red -- but is really fuschia -- had a nickel-sized hole visible through the plastic. Disappointing. I sent it back and got a prompt refund. For the price plus shipping, this was a lot of money to spend on something that arrived so obviously damaged. So quality control leaves something to be desired. But as I say, the other shawl was beautiful. So I guess it's hit or miss.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not nearly as pretty as pictured, August 22, 2011
I was quite disappointed with this item. The color is not nearly as rich as it appears in the photo.

1.0 out of 5 stars low quality, February 10, 2012
this purchase was a disappointment. In person the shawl is very low quality and colors are dull. I returned both shawls that I purchased. save your money

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Popping, February 5, 2010
From the picture I wasn't quite sure of the colors, but I wanted something green,so I purchased this pashmina. When it arrived I was so pleased with the color. It is a very rich beautiful jewel green with a rich red border. I have had alot of compliments whenever I wear it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, December 16, 2009
I love this piece- I bought the olive green: its not a rich, brighter-olive. the colors are brilliant- actually much brighter and richer than the pictures show (to be expected of silk-pashmina). the shawl is super soft and fairly warm. I love this shawl and would recommend it highly!

1.0 out of 5 stars If you like cheap & ugly stuff, you'll LOVE this!, December 30, 2011
Miss E (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these shawls for my mother for Christmas. The "dark goldenrod", a gorgeous mixture of deep orange with a vibrant golden yellow border pattern, looked like her style, so I ordered it.

Worst decision ever.

It was SO UGLY. I opened it and couldn't believe I had spent *any* amount of money on something like that.

The "orange" was a murky brown and black that looked like thread vomit. The "golden yellow" was a washed out, pale yellow that was closer to eggshell white. The pattern was so blurry, it looked like it was melting into the rest of the shawl. The entire shawl was just a huge puddle of thread vomit.

And, surprise surprise, it didn't feel like pashmina at all. The tag that says "100% Pashmina" is pretty much super glued onto the scarf--not even sewn. And thick double layer? What? The shawl is so thin.

I initiated the refund process within 20 minutes of opening that package and sent that ugly thing back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it love it love it, January 20, 2011
I thought from the picture that the shawl would be shiny and cheap looking, but I was wrong! This was purchased as a gift for a bridesmaid and I am really excited to give it to her. I bought a different shawl for myself that is a viscose/pashmina blend and I think this one is much softer. The material just slips through your fingers. The detail is elegant, the material has a sheen without looking like christmas tree garland threaded in the fabric. The opposite side which doesn't show in the picture is just as beautiful as a lighter gray, and I bet you could reverse it with no problem. Elegant, detailed and sooooo soft, this shawl will make an excellent addition to your wardrobe. My only slight criticism is the tag size identifying where it was made, which is very large and doesn't look to be easily removable. It's on the dark side of the shawl, which is kinda strange so you can't really hide it unless you tuck it in the crook of your arm. But I might figure out a way to remove it.

Rate and Discover Movies