5.0 out of 5 stars Great Skirt

3.0 out of 5 stars Fitted skirt
Published on July 2, 2010 by Maryallene Otis

3.0 out of 5 stars Fitted skirt, July 2, 2010
This review is from: Sakkas Knee Length A-Line Skirt (Apparel)
This skirt is VERY fitted. I ordered a small based on my 29" waist and 37" hips, and it was too snug in the hips and thighs though it fit nicely in the waist. (Usually my fit problem is the other way around.) I ordered medium instead, and it is a bit big in the waist, but it looks good. The gores hang nicely, though the fabric is somewhat thin. If I were to tuck anything in, it would show under the skirt. It looks best with sweaters that hit just below the waist. Inexpenvise and versatile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Skirt, November 5, 2010
This review is from: Sakkas Knee Length A-Line Skirt (Apparel)
I own several skirts from Saka's and love them all. I ordered my skirt to fit my waist and it fit me perfectly. After reading the other reviews I should add that my hips are not as full as most so I did not have a problem with this skirt being to tight over my hips and thighs. I do love the cut of this skirt, form fittig from the waist to thighs then flaring out, it looks great.

As an Amazon Prime member I received free two day shipping on my order. It arrived on time and in perfect shape. Saka's has always provided prompt service and great looking skirts.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for the price, April 25, 2011
This review is from: Sakkas Knee Length A-Line Skirt (Apparel)
This is actually a very flattering skirt, it fits like a pencil skirt throughout the waist and hips then flares just above the knee. I understand the other reviewers comments about fitting tightly through the hips/thighs. It does and it also has a tendency to fold/show lines in the front from sitting/bending. It is probably best fitted to fairly straight waist and hips. I usually wear a size six and the medium fits okay without being too loose in the waist or too tight in the hips. The real letdown is how poor the stitching is. It is VERY roughly finished inside - unlined and the seaming is terrible. However, the price is hard to beat and not bad if you are putting together a work wardrobe on a budget. It is nice with a camisole and cardigan and can be dressed down with a t-shirt or tank and sandals for something a little nicer than jeans on casual Friday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Other reviewers right! The skirt is tight!, April 23, 2011
This review is from: Sakkas Knee Length A-Line Skirt (Apparel)
I am thrilled that I took the advice of the other reviewers and bought a size larger than usual. I am always a medium in skirts, but for this I ordered the large. A medium would never have fit around the hips. If you are built with VERY narrow hips you could probably make the medium work. All that said though, I love the style of this skirt and the larger size fits well. The fabric is a bit thin as people have noted, but that will be great in the nicer weather, and it is not so thin that it is see-through. There is a little spandex in the material as well which makes it more comfortable and will hopefully help it hold up after several washes. I hope that you enjoy your skirt as much as I do!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great skirt for work, February 21, 2012
This review is from: Sakkas Knee Length A-Line Skirt (Apparel)
Skirt fits well, as described. A little snug on top, and flares nicely without any "pouf". I boughta medium based on the measurements given and it fits perfectly. Material is thin enough to wear in the spring with a slip, and enough room to wear in fall/winter with tights. I wish there were more colors available! Hits just below the knee (I am 5'2") which is perfect if you want to cover your knees.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sizing is off, October 6, 2011
I ordered this skirt based off my current size and comparing it to the sizing chart. When it arrived I was disappointed to find that it didn't fit. I could barely even pull it over my thighs! I ordered a size 10 and when it came it fit like a size 6 - obviously not for me. So, take that into consideration when you're ordering, the sizing is small. Other than that it was a nice skirt, but I had to return it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute and looks great!, March 24, 2011
I got this hoping my daughter would like it, but I would wear it if she didn't. We both loved it. I loved that the hemline barely covered the knees, so it was really modest. We didn't have a problem with sizing right. It is a little roomy in the waist and tighter in the hips, but it works perfectly for us, we are less curvy and more straight through waist and hips. So this skirt was perfect, because it creates curves. The material is thin, so I don't know how well it will hold up, but looks really nice on and only time will tell.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good deal, not a great fit, January 26, 2011
This review is from: Sakkas Knee Length A-Line Skirt (Apparel)
This skirt is worth $20. It is longer than it looks in the picture. I am a true size 6, and I'm 5 foot 7. A medium fits me quite well (a little big) but it's well below my knee. It will be good for dining out on vacation and it will pack well, which is why I bought it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute shape but oddly proportioned, September 16, 2011
This review is from: Sakkas Knee Length A-Line Skirt (Apparel)
I read all the reviews but was sure this skirt would fit me since I'm pretty petite (5' 4", 118 pounds and curvy). I love the mermaid shape and the gores, but the proportions are very odd and the skirt is cheaply made. The small fit perfectly in the waist, but was way too tight in the hips.

The medium is too large and gappy in the waist, but the hips (while quite snug), do fit. However, some of the gores were poorly cut/sewn and create little "bubbles" of fabric at the hips. The skirt was wadded up tightly in a small box and is so wrinkled that ,even after steaming it twice during morning showers, the wrinkles have not come out at all.

I have the medium hanging in my closet and I'm hoping the wrinkles will work themselves out so I can get a better idea of the fit. But the medium will most likely be returned, too.

This is why I only buy clothes on Amazon that offer free shipping and free returns! I love Amazon and make regular purchases using my husband's Amazon Prime account. I'm glad I'll be able to return this skirt at no cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!!, June 9, 2013
S V (New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sakkas Knee Length A-Line Skirt (Apparel)
These are the best skirts. The length is perfect. Not too long and not too short. I wear them for the casual everyday outfits as well as for more business and formal ones. They go with everything. And the material is stretchy and fun and so pretty. I get lots of compliments when I wear them. They look awesome on. Thank you. Love them.

Rate and Discover Movies