5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it here
Published on August 7, 2011 by Mattie

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware - this is NOT the Genius Speed Slicer Plus
Published on August 19, 2011 by Beagles' Mom

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware - this is NOT the Genius Speed Slicer Plus, August 19, 2011
Beagles' Mom (Silver Spring, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tri Sales Marketing GN000006 Genius Speed Food Slicer - As Seen On TV (Kitchen)
Unlike the previous reviewer, this is NOT the same product as the Genius Speed Slicer Plus that is sold on QVC. The description of the item on Amazon.com was sparse at best. After reading the previous person's review, one could only assume that the better deal was on Amazon.com, so I ordered it ($17.95 plus $5.99 shipping). However, upon receipt of the item, it was not the same. For one, there is no "kick-stand" as is on the Speed Slicer Plus. That may not be significant to some people, but that is helpful during the food prepping when the storage container isn't needed. I contacted the seller, who was very prompt in responding to my email. I thought perhaps the kick-stand was just missing. He said there is no kick-stand with this unit, and one is not available. He agreed to accept the return, of course for the purchase price only. I'm giving it 3 stars because I suppose it works as advertized. The best price is often with Amazon.com, but in this instance, this is not the best product available, at least for me. I'm also out $12 in shipping fees. Buyer beware.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not As Advertized - QVC has the real deal!!!, August 29, 2011
I agree with a previous reviewer; details on products are often missing or deceptive. I would suggest calling the retailer and getting an e-mail from them confirming details. If they cannot give them, avoid the seller. There's nothing in this box that measures 4"H. x 5"W.x 10"D except the box containing the product (even those measurements are a little off). The measurements of the slicer are: 1-9/16"H. x 3-1/2"W. x 11"L (including the handle for holding the tool while you use it). The slide width your tomato, etc., needs to fit in is only 2-3/4" wide. A lot of veggies will have to be cut down first in order to fit the slide area. This is a mini-slicer, not the full-size tool as I expected from the measurements given. Now that I've paid $24.81 (inc. S&H), I see the price has been cut to $11.00, a more accurate value. If Tri Sales Marketing doesn't adjust my purchase accordingly, they'll be on my "avoid" list. It's truth in advertising that wins repeat customers. I should have gone with QVC (for a few dollars more) and avoided the disappointment and expense. Now I'll have to go to QVC to get the real thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it here, August 7, 2011
Mattie "Mattie" (transplanted Yankee in the deep south) - See all my reviews
I just purchased this exact slicer from a TV shopping channel at almost twice the price it is offered here, it taught me to check Amazon before I make any purchases anymore! Now onto this slicer, it works absolutely perfectly. It makes beautiful slices of just about anything and when the dicing blades are engaged you can make nice small to medium dices of onions, potatoes etc. I am in love with how well this works, so much better than my expensive stainless German import that I needed for my work. The fancy expensive one doesn't work half as good as this one does!

1.0 out of 5 stars This vendor never replied back to EVER!, September 20, 2011
should have trusted the other reviewers. this slicer doesnt do as advertised. tried shreading some lettuse, ended up with more food on the floor than in the bowl.
This vendor NEVER replied back to me after I contact them for a refund. Amazon had to intervene after 10 days and 4 requests for a retun lable. I already paid $6 to ship it to me, and the post office wanted $12 to return a $16.00 item. I threw it in the trash, very irritated and frustrated.

3.0 out of 5 stars It does the job., March 5, 2012
It does the job but, it's very sharp! I cut my thumb on this and ended up in the ER. You have to use the safety handles at all times and never slice anything by hand use a knife to finish cutting any leftover vegetable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small Mandolin, March 24, 2012
Errol M. Gibbs (Santa Rosa, California) - See all my reviews
Please read the other reviews here as I'm not going to add to them for you.

Why did I buy the food slicer. To slice mushrooms that's it. And its done an exemplary job of it.

They were all sliced perfectly thin (could have shaved them). And I was able to sliver almonds so I'm happy.

Oh, in that picture, the square item on the right is a small hopper that sits in grooves on the slicer which keeps it in place. The top of it comes off and you drop in the mushrooms and away you go!

And the hand guard has grooves so that you may slice a carrot length wise, though not a very long one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, February 10, 2012
This product is great. It is crazy sharp and so easy to use. I have one with multiple pieces you have to change out, and I hated that. With this you just have to turn the dial to get the size cut you want. Love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars quick and easy, December 8, 2011
Great little product, unable to give 5 stars due to small size, unable to slice large onions, and other large items. blades are extremely sharp, learned the hard way when i wasn't using the guard! works well for slicing and dicing small to medium food items!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great slicer, October 31, 2011
Like anything you buy from watching tv, you have your doubts about it, but I was really impressed how safe and how fast this slicer is. I enjoy cooking, but I can't wait to eat it, so the speed of this slicer was a great benefit for me and a great addition to my cooking tools. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars would buy it again, July 10, 2014