Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Gear Up for Football Learn more

on October 8, 2014
I have used this product once a week for the past three months. I have had problem skin for years, very oily and frequent break outs. I purchased this product for the scars the acne leaves since I heard it works great for this purpose. While it hasn't completely eliminated the scars, it does peel some skin off the scar, and has made them almost invisible. Not quite gone, but barely noticeable anymore.

For past 3 weeks or so I have also been using a acne medication supplement for overall skin health and its been working pretty darn well;

Acne Treatment Supplement: Top Rated Acne Pills for Women, Men, and Teens - 29 Powerful Acne Fighting Ingredients

The vitamins and minerals or whatevers in these pills makes my skin more even looking, and I haven't even had any new zits in the past couple weeks which is unusual for me unfortantely.

The combination of these products are working wonders for my skin and would be my first recommendation for anyone with skin problems.
on August 1, 2008
I started having problems with adult onset acne at about age 25 - am now 40. Have tried everything - oral antibiotics, topical antibiotics, retin-a, etc. etc. Despite trying numerous dermatologists, I never got what I considered good results - just a three minute visit and a couple of scripts. Decided to try this - at the price, nothing to lose. Man am I pleased. For the first time, acne is resolved (I have used the peel once a week for about six weeks). My scarring is improved and my skin tone is becoming much more even. Even improving my melasma. I would highly recommend this product. Word of caution. Acne will worsen after the first treatment - wait it out - it will improve Dramatically.
1515 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 18, 2012
Stats about me:
19 year old Caucasian female.
Struggled with severe acne during puberty and moderate acne these past few years.
Had acne, acne scarring, large pores, oily skin, and two fine lines on my forehead when I bought product.
Has never before written a review on Amazon, but was so satisfied with product that I simply HAD to.

I can't remember how I came across this product on amazon, but once I did, I decided to give it a shot (20 bucks isn't that painful to spend on an experiment). All I can say is WOW. Immediately after using this product, I noticed that my skin looked fresher and clearer. I gasped when I saw it because I wasn't expecting such an immediate change. The next day, the true extent of the effects was seen (I think skin continued sloughing off throughout the night). Many of my pimples had become unclogged and were shrinking, many light acne scars had disappeared completely, the stubborn scars had noticeably faded, and my fine lines became even finer. Talk about fast results!

I've continued using the peel every 5 days (I've used it six times now) and now, my pores don't even have the chance to get clogged and develop pimples. The only zits that I get nowadays are on the edge of my face--either my hairline or along my jaw--because those are the parts of my face that I am not as thorough with when applying the peel. The fine lines on my forehead are virtually undetectable unless if my face gets oily, which only happens if I go without showering for more than 3 days (my skin dries out easily so I space out my showers). The scars aren't even there anymore, and my skin is overall much softer.

My skin has gone from being rather unremarkable--you know, not bad enough to notice, but not good enough to notice either--to beautiful. I now have the type of skin that is clear more often than it is breaking out... something I haven't experienced since I was 12.

I also have scars on my arm from self mutilating when I was young and stupid. I read online that chemical peels are used to professionally remove scars and so I decided to try out my salicylic peel on mine. This was the thing that finally pushed me into writing a review. The results were way above my expectations; all of the fainter scars have faded into being practically nonexistent and the not-so-faint ones have become faint. I cannot wait to see what my arm will look like after I use this peel on it more that once. This is coming from a girl who has bought countless scar-removal creams and has never seen much improvement. At 20 dollars, this peel is half as expensive as mederma and has given me the results in 1 use that 3 tubes of mederma have been unable to. I am so happy because I was always asked about my scars and I was very self-conscious, but now I don't think they are noticeable enough to attract anyone's attention. For all of you who have scars of your own or who know someone who can't get their's to go away, recommend this product PLEASE. It is simply amazing.

I think the reason that so many people on here have had unsatisfying results with this product is because they do not allow the peel to work on their skin long enough. I've kept it on for the maximum 7 minutes every single time I've used it, even the first time, and that's probably why I've had such great results so quickly.

TIPS:
It really burns like hell when you first apply it; but the longer you keep it on, the less it burns. At the end of the 7 minutes, I can't even feel it on my face anymore. So... if you can just get yourself through the first 3 or 4 minutes, you're good to go for the full 7!
I've also found that fanning my face with something heavy-duty, like a plate, takes away the burning sensation and makes it much easier to get through those first few minutes. I don't know how long I could stand to keep it on if I didn't fan my skin.
I go into the shower to rinse it off because I feel like it is safer to stand under a jet of water in order to remove acid from my skin rather than simply splash some onto my face.

After you remove the peel, your skin will get super dry. At first, I just used lotion because that was what was recommended, but when I did so my face stayed dry for days (even when I applied it generously). I had some vitamin E oil in a drawer (a failed scar removal attempt) that I got from walgreens for probably 7 bucks. I rubbed that onto my skin instead and have found that it keeps my skin much better hydrated than lotion. I think the reason for this is because, well, it's pure oil (it feels like olive oil), so its like returning the oil to your face that you had stripped away (but it doesn't look oily after it has been absorbed). Normally, doing this to your skin would result in waking up with a break out, but since your pores are so clean after the peel, I've found that they do not get clogged even when I rub oil into them. The vitamin E oil combined with the effects of the peel also leaves your skin feeling like a baby's butt, which is great.

Make sure that you read the directions of the peel and use a toner beforehand to help open up your pores so the peel can dig deeper. Also, I've noticed that the peel burns A LOT more when your skin is very dry when applying it. Make sure your skin is hydrated before putting on the peel because it hurts much less then.

I know this is a long review, but I just had so much to say about this true miracle in a bottle. I love it so much that I'm even giving bottles away as Christmas presents. I highly recommend that you try it and try all of the tips that I've provided, because I've had amazing results using them and I hope you do as well!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 6, 2011
I am a black woman, with caramel skin tone--- and I do believe this will be part of my routine skin care regimine!!!

I noticed immediate improvement, though not drastic. I have large pores on on my cheeks--on either side of my nose and my forehead, small blackheads on my nose. I usually use Queen Helen mint julip facial to help with my "enlarged pores" and it seemed to be only an immediate fix-- a day later they looked like craters again. However, after this peel I noticed a change in pore depth and size. I woke up thinking "Oh my goodness are my pores huge again" -- but today (2nd day after peel) they still are minimal!!! I am very impressed.
review image
on March 15, 2012
I had pretty good skin to start with but there were some things I wanted to improve. Not only did this product improve the items I wanted to address but it also had some other benefits.

***The texture of the skin in my tear troughs under my eyes was crepe like and would make the concealer look "cakey". The skin texture has been dramatically improved. The surprise is that my under eye circles almost invisible now. I don't even need to put on concealer anymore.

***When I smile I would get a bunch of wrinkles under my left eye. There was one deep wrinkle and the other finer wrinkles. Those fine wrinkles are gone and the deep wrinkle is much less noticeable.

***I had orange peel texture on my lower cheeks and around my mouth. Much of this is now gone. The deep texture on my left lower cheek is still there, but significantly improved.

***The skin above my lips looks awesome. My hubby even said "the skin around your mouth looks great".

I am now 6 days post peel and my skin is as soft, pink, moist and wrinkle free as a baby's bottom.

I noticed that the first few days, my skin feels a little irritated and sensitive. It is not that bad and is quite normal with any chemical peels out there. But I can definitely notice it as well as a lot of other reviewers on here.

The reason is quite simple, you're removing the outer skin layer so there is more exposure to the thin and sensitive skin underneath.

To stop the sensitivity, I use Pura D'or Pure & Organic Argan Oil 4 fl. oz. and apply a small amount to it to help form a protecting, moisturizing and healing layer. It works great!

5 stars!

-Susan
2424 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 27, 2012
I have been looking for some kind of miracle to clear up old acne scars on my back and to even out skin tone, reduce pores on my tzone, and clear up a few acne marks on my face and I have FINALLY found it!!!!!!!

I bought this stuff with a little bit of trepidation, but after reading many reviews and deciding to give it a go as my last resort before heading to the dermatologist I couldn't be any happier! I decided not to buy the toner or witch hazel, seemed like a waste of money when it clearly states that you can just use water to neutralize the peel and rubbing alcohol to clean the area prior to the peel. I did however splurge and buy 100% natural Argan oil as a recommendation from another reviewer, and since Argan oil has so many more added benefits for your skin I decided why not take something good and make it better? and yet again it was a good choice!

this is the argan oil I purchased,

The other reviewer had given a link to a different brand which was quite a bit more pricier and I so I looked around for something a little easier on the pocketbook and still natural oil with high reviews.

I did the peel for the first time last night. I started by wiping down the area with rubbing alcohol, then I used an old clean concealer brush (you can also go to your local craft store and buy a cheap art brush in a size 10 or so or a fan brush.) Then I added the peel to the areas I wanted to correct (Note I did not put it on my entire face) I added it to my T-zone, chin, nose, part of my forehead and part of my cheeks. I then also added the peel to sections on my back that had acne scars and healing acne spots. It was much more tolerable on my back and not too uncomfortable, I left that on for about 6-8 minutes. My face was much more sensitive and I started with a slight itchy tingly feel and progressed to a moderate burn. I tolerated that for about 3-5 minutes. I then used cool water and nothing else and scrubbed my face using only my hands and within 30 seconds I found relief from the burn.

After the peel I added the argan oil all over my face and back and rubbed it in real well. My skin felt extremely soft and relaxed after this. This morning the redness from recent acne is almost gone, the acne scars has been slightly minimized, my pores have shrunk drastically, I have no more bumps or uneven skin, the skin tone has evened out, and my skin is baby soft. I feel beautiful :-))) I went to work this morning with minimal make-up and it feels absolutely wonderful, I touch my face in amazement. I feel like a peeled off several years of skin!

HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!!!!! (with the use of argan oil)

(I also added a picture from this morning, the day after of the peel. I did not take a before picture and I regret doing so now, but understand when I took pictures of my face I would ALWAYS photo edit out the blemishes and soften the focus to even my skin tone so I wouldn't look like a walking dead person before anyone would ever view the picture. I'm the girl with the long brown hair and bangs)

*UPDATE* I DID go to the dermatologist to help prevent new acne, which I learned I have cystic acne, plus OCD on picking at it. I started taking Minocylcine and that has improved my skin dramatically, along with still using this product as well as tea tree oil I had my acne down to just minimal dark spots. The bumps and larger nastier looking stuff was about gone. I was hoping to soon see a decrease in dark spots, however I became pregnant and had to discontinue my entire regime. Months later the horror of bad back acne started to resurface and began creating new scars, so I don't know what the progress could have potentially been. Once the baby is born and I can continue back on the medication and gel I will restart and see what happens from there.
review image
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 26, 2011
First, for reference, I am a Black woman with a very dark skin tone who has suffered from moderate to severe acne since my teens.

I had such high hopes for this item, but unfortunately it has not worked for me. i used the peel exactly as directed and from the begining my skin has reacted horribly. I broke out worse than ever with deep painful acne. Reading all of the glowing reviews and the exhortations to stick it out, i continued to use the product once a week for eight weeks, hoping that the impurities in my skin were just working their way out and i would eventually stabalize. Not the case. The acne got worse and i developed dark scarring. Six weeks later, under the care of a dermatoligist specializing in people of color, my skin has mainly returned to the pre-peel state as far as the breakouts are concerned. The scarring, however, has not diminished and I don't know if it will. I used to not wear foundation, but now I feel i cannot leave the house without it. My skin tone is so uneven that I have become very self-concious.

PLEASE- if you have a darker skin tone, are prone to scarring or hyperpigmentation, consult a professional before putting this product on your skin. Generally the more melanin in your skin the more likely you are to scar. i really wish i had never used this product.
2020 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 3, 2012
problem: extremely oily skin with huge pores and a bad case of rosacea.
i'd been searching for a product that would shrink my dime sized pores without aggravating the rosacea (like other products do). after a year of investigating i looked further into the salicylic acid peel and found that this is the best product to use for pores because it works from the inside out, not just the surface. mine are truly the largest pores i've ever seen so i was keen on trying it. i'd been using 2% OTC which helped reduce the redness from rosacea but it didn't really shrink my pores so i assumed the stronger formula would but i was concerned that the stronger formula may aggravate the rosacea until i discovered that salicylic acid is aspirin related and i know that aspirin has a calming effect on rosacea, so this nailed it for me. i ordered it and began using it right away. i knew it was going to sting but nothing prepared me for the heat. it is intense. i left it on four minutes the first time before rinsing with cold water. something i noticed is that once i splash cold water on my face the heat intensifies for about a minute then stops all of a sudden. i'm up to eight minutes now and still, the heat intensifies when i begin rinsing. it's not an issue with me, just something i find peculiar.
i do my peel at night, starting with a clean face and i tone with alcohol soaked cotton ball to remove the extra oil from my skin. i use an artists brush to apply and once the peel is rinsed off i follow up with Oil of Olay 15 spf for sensitive skin. the combination works well for me without breaking the bank. i also apply the same Olay during the daytime.
well...... after years of looking for a miracle product my search is over. after a months use the tone of my complexion is around 95% improved, it's smooth with no redness, no itchiness and no dry scaly patches (from rosacea). normally if i went without foundation on my face people would comment on my sunburned, that's how bad it was. but now no one says anything and they don't even stare. i still have a tiny bit of redness in my nose creases but i look for that to disappear too. as for the pores they are about 50% improved which is a miracle in my book and i think they will get even smaller with continued use. i will use this product, if needed, forever. i am 100% satisfied with this product. fyi, i also posted pics.... http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/customer-gallery/A2NQF4KTRFWC0U
review image review image
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 16, 2010
My struggle with acne is much the same as everyone else's-persistent acne that refuses to quit despite medication and special washes and creams like Proactiv and skin i.d. (which by the way don't help much unless its very mild acne). I was skeptical to go so far as Accutane because I already have a history of depression without it being egged on by yet another medication. When I discovered this on Amazon and read the other reviews, I decided to give it a try since so many others seemed to have success with their serious acne and skin issues. I know they recommend the BHA as best for acne, but it seems to dry my skin out so badly my skin overproduces oil and makes it worse. This is the best balance for me, as well as the glycolic acid they make. On first use it can burn quite a bit, but after several uses you don't notice it so much. And as other people have said, you want to wash it off your face with the coldest water you can find! I am absolutely astonished that after so many years of battling and trying to hide my acne, it is gone for good, as well as all the scars and pock marks from picking and squeezing to get rid of blemishes anyway I could. If you have any doubts about buying any of the peels to help with your skin issues, squash them and don't look back! You'll love what you see in the mirror!
on February 11, 2008
I bought this because the topical salicylic acid stuff didn't seem to cut it for my acne. It's pretty strong, the first time I tried it I only left it on for like a minute, cause it started to burn a little, but after washing it off I immediately noticed my skin was smoother. I think it's helped with my acne, I didn't get any leading up to being pms, which I almost always get at least one. The second time I used it I left it on a bit longer. The instructions are pretty good, and I would definitely suggest following them....and if you've only used OTC strength stuff before, make sure you build up gradually. Start with one minute, depneding on your skin's sensetivity, and leave it on longer during subsequent times. Wash off immediately with cold water if you feel any painful burning....it should tingle, and maybe itch a bit, but burning is BAD!