Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on June 6, 2011
I am a black woman, with caramel skin tone--- and I do believe this will be part of my routine skin care regimine!!!

I noticed immediate improvement, though not drastic. I have large pores on on my cheeks--on either side of my nose and my forehead, small blackheads on my nose. I usually use Queen Helen mint julip facial to help with my "enlarged pores" and it seemed to be only an immediate fix-- a day later they looked like craters again. However, after this peel I noticed a change in pore depth and size. I woke up thinking "Oh my goodness are my pores huge again" -- but today (2nd day after peel) they still are minimal!!! I am very impressed.
review image
on October 8, 2014
I have used this product once a week for the past three months. I have had problem skin for years, very oily and frequent break outs. I purchased this product for the scars the acne leaves since I heard it works great for this purpose. While it hasn't completely eliminated the scars, it does peel some skin off the scar, and has made them almost invisible. Not quite gone, but barely noticeable anymore.

For past 3 weeks or so I have also been using a acne medication supplement for overall skin health and its been working pretty darn well;

Acne Treatment Supplement: Top Rated Acne Pills for Women, Men, and Teens - 29 Powerful Acne Fighting Ingredients

The vitamins and minerals or whatevers in these pills makes my skin more even looking, and I haven't even had any new zits in the past couple weeks which is unusual for me unfortantely.

The combination of these products are working wonders for my skin and would be my first recommendation for anyone with skin problems.
on April 27, 2012
I have been looking for some kind of miracle to clear up old acne scars on my back and to even out skin tone, reduce pores on my tzone, and clear up a few acne marks on my face and I have FINALLY found it!!!!!!!

I bought this stuff with a little bit of trepidation, but after reading many reviews and deciding to give it a go as my last resort before heading to the dermatologist I couldn't be any happier! I decided not to buy the toner or witch hazel, seemed like a waste of money when it clearly states that you can just use water to neutralize the peel and rubbing alcohol to clean the area prior to the peel. I did however splurge and buy 100% natural Argan oil as a recommendation from another reviewer, and since Argan oil has so many more added benefits for your skin I decided why not take something good and make it better? and yet again it was a good choice!

this is the argan oil I purchased,

The other reviewer had given a link to a different brand which was quite a bit more pricier and I so I looked around for something a little easier on the pocketbook and still natural oil with high reviews.

I did the peel for the first time last night. I started by wiping down the area with rubbing alcohol, then I used an old clean concealer brush (you can also go to your local craft store and buy a cheap art brush in a size 10 or so or a fan brush.) Then I added the peel to the areas I wanted to correct (Note I did not put it on my entire face) I added it to my T-zone, chin, nose, part of my forehead and part of my cheeks. I then also added the peel to sections on my back that had acne scars and healing acne spots. It was much more tolerable on my back and not too uncomfortable, I left that on for about 6-8 minutes. My face was much more sensitive and I started with a slight itchy tingly feel and progressed to a moderate burn. I tolerated that for about 3-5 minutes. I then used cool water and nothing else and scrubbed my face using only my hands and within 30 seconds I found relief from the burn.

After the peel I added the argan oil all over my face and back and rubbed it in real well. My skin felt extremely soft and relaxed after this. This morning the redness from recent acne is almost gone, the acne scars has been slightly minimized, my pores have shrunk drastically, I have no more bumps or uneven skin, the skin tone has evened out, and my skin is baby soft. I feel beautiful :-))) I went to work this morning with minimal make-up and it feels absolutely wonderful, I touch my face in amazement. I feel like a peeled off several years of skin!

HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!!!!! (with the use of argan oil)

(I also added a picture from this morning, the day after of the peel. I did not take a before picture and I regret doing so now, but understand when I took pictures of my face I would ALWAYS photo edit out the blemishes and soften the focus to even my skin tone so I wouldn't look like a walking dead person before anyone would ever view the picture. I'm the girl with the long brown hair and bangs)

*UPDATE* I DID go to the dermatologist to help prevent new acne, which I learned I have cystic acne, plus OCD on picking at it. I started taking Minocylcine and that has improved my skin dramatically, along with still using this product as well as tea tree oil I had my acne down to just minimal dark spots. The bumps and larger nastier looking stuff was about gone. I was hoping to soon see a decrease in dark spots, however I became pregnant and had to discontinue my entire regime. Months later the horror of bad back acne started to resurface and began creating new scars, so I don't know what the progress could have potentially been. Once the baby is born and I can continue back on the medication and gel I will restart and see what happens from there.
review image
33 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 1, 2008
I started having problems with adult onset acne at about age 25 - am now 40. Have tried everything - oral antibiotics, topical antibiotics, retin-a, etc. etc. Despite trying numerous dermatologists, I never got what I considered good results - just a three minute visit and a couple of scripts. Decided to try this - at the price, nothing to lose. Man am I pleased. For the first time, acne is resolved (I have used the peel once a week for about six weeks). My scarring is improved and my skin tone is becoming much more even. Even improving my melasma. I would highly recommend this product. Word of caution. Acne will worsen after the first treatment - wait it out - it will improve Dramatically.
1616 comments|295 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2016
I can be stingy so I refused to pay hundreds of dollars for a chemical peel at the doctor when I can get the same chemical and do it at home. I bought my bottle of Salicylic acid from Makeup Artists Choice for about $25-30 in 15%. They offer higher and lower concentrations but I went in the middle to make sure it was ok with my skin. When I did the peel it definitely "burned" during the couple minutes I kept it on but I knew that would happen. When rinsed I was fine. Within an hour my skin had tightened and I almost looked like I had a facelift! My eyebrows and eyelids (I didn't use on eyelids but did use below eyebrows) were lifted! I was so impressed. Within a couple hours the redness faded and my skin looked great, along with the tightening, the majority of my small white bumps had disappeared. A couple days in I had mild white flaking and peeling. By the 5th and 6th day my skin had healed and looked great! My skin was smooth and looked more even toned. Old scars that were slightly darker had been lightened. I now do a peel every 6-8 weeks and it has changed my life. There are lower grade peels that you can do weekly, for that I use a lactic acid from the site and it's just as good. Very happy!
on December 18, 2012
Stats about me:
19 year old Caucasian female.
Struggled with severe acne during puberty and moderate acne these past few years.
Had acne, acne scarring, large pores, oily skin, and two fine lines on my forehead when I bought product.
Has never before written a review on Amazon, but was so satisfied with product that I simply HAD to.

I can't remember how I came across this product on amazon, but once I did, I decided to give it a shot (20 bucks isn't that painful to spend on an experiment). All I can say is WOW. Immediately after using this product, I noticed that my skin looked fresher and clearer. I gasped when I saw it because I wasn't expecting such an immediate change. The next day, the true extent of the effects was seen (I think skin continued sloughing off throughout the night). Many of my pimples had become unclogged and were shrinking, many light acne scars had disappeared completely, the stubborn scars had noticeably faded, and my fine lines became even finer. Talk about fast results!

I've continued using the peel every 5 days (I've used it six times now) and now, my pores don't even have the chance to get clogged and develop pimples. The only zits that I get nowadays are on the edge of my face--either my hairline or along my jaw--because those are the parts of my face that I am not as thorough with when applying the peel. The fine lines on my forehead are virtually undetectable unless if my face gets oily, which only happens if I go without showering for more than 3 days (my skin dries out easily so I space out my showers). The scars aren't even there anymore, and my skin is overall much softer.

My skin has gone from being rather unremarkable--you know, not bad enough to notice, but not good enough to notice either--to beautiful. I now have the type of skin that is clear more often than it is breaking out... something I haven't experienced since I was 12.

I also have scars on my arm from self mutilating when I was young and stupid. I read online that chemical peels are used to professionally remove scars and so I decided to try out my salicylic peel on mine. This was the thing that finally pushed me into writing a review. The results were way above my expectations; all of the fainter scars have faded into being practically nonexistent and the not-so-faint ones have become faint. I cannot wait to see what my arm will look like after I use this peel on it more that once. This is coming from a girl who has bought countless scar-removal creams and has never seen much improvement. At 20 dollars, this peel is half as expensive as mederma and has given me the results in 1 use that 3 tubes of mederma have been unable to. I am so happy because I was always asked about my scars and I was very self-conscious, but now I don't think they are noticeable enough to attract anyone's attention. For all of you who have scars of your own or who know someone who can't get their's to go away, recommend this product PLEASE. It is simply amazing.

I think the reason that so many people on here have had unsatisfying results with this product is because they do not allow the peel to work on their skin long enough. I've kept it on for the maximum 7 minutes every single time I've used it, even the first time, and that's probably why I've had such great results so quickly.

TIPS:
It really burns like hell when you first apply it; but the longer you keep it on, the less it burns. At the end of the 7 minutes, I can't even feel it on my face anymore. So... if you can just get yourself through the first 3 or 4 minutes, you're good to go for the full 7!
I've also found that fanning my face with something heavy-duty, like a plate, takes away the burning sensation and makes it much easier to get through those first few minutes. I don't know how long I could stand to keep it on if I didn't fan my skin.
I go into the shower to rinse it off because I feel like it is safer to stand under a jet of water in order to remove acid from my skin rather than simply splash some onto my face.

After you remove the peel, your skin will get super dry. At first, I just used lotion because that was what was recommended, but when I did so my face stayed dry for days (even when I applied it generously). I had some vitamin E oil in a drawer (a failed scar removal attempt) that I got from walgreens for probably 7 bucks. I rubbed that onto my skin instead and have found that it keeps my skin much better hydrated than lotion. I think the reason for this is because, well, it's pure oil (it feels like olive oil), so its like returning the oil to your face that you had stripped away (but it doesn't look oily after it has been absorbed). Normally, doing this to your skin would result in waking up with a break out, but since your pores are so clean after the peel, I've found that they do not get clogged even when I rub oil into them. The vitamin E oil combined with the effects of the peel also leaves your skin feeling like a baby's butt, which is great.

Make sure that you read the directions of the peel and use a toner beforehand to help open up your pores so the peel can dig deeper. Also, I've noticed that the peel burns A LOT more when your skin is very dry when applying it. Make sure your skin is hydrated before putting on the peel because it hurts much less then.

I know this is a long review, but I just had so much to say about this true miracle in a bottle. I love it so much that I'm even giving bottles away as Christmas presents. I highly recommend that you try it and try all of the tips that I've provided, because I've had amazing results using them and I hope you do as well!
22 comments|148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2013
Works decently well, but takes a while. The people claiming you put it on and next day your skin looks normal are exaggerating. I used it once a week for about 6 months, for the crummy acne scarring I have around my nose. Started in the springtime, and now my skin is looking a bit smoother and more mellow-toned. It works, and it works pretty well, but it's not a miracle product. Nothing is. I might move up to a higher acid concentration and see how that works.
on October 31, 2013
I have combination oily/ dry skin of my t-zone. I am still a newbie but this works. I got this to slough off blackheads that won't go away from steam pore extractions---and to remove dead, dry, dull skin! I don't have acne scars or acne. I am in my early 30s with olive skin.

Don't leave it on for the suggested five minutes if you are completely new to at home peels.
My first time, it was burning after 30-seconds and I kept it on for only one minute. Then after rinsing in cold water and using a neutralizer, I coated my face in vitamin E. I didn't notice anything until a few days later when dry areas started peeling---blackhead and huge pores on sebum clogged nostril, that really dry part under nostril, around lips and chin, smile lines----dead skin peeled off to reveal healthy, blackhead free skin.
My forehead started to get little frosted bumps that turned into pimples the first time---so I didn't repeat the treatment as instructed.
Then two seasons later, when summer shifted into autumn, my skin was so dull and dry that nothing worked--masks, light scrubs, pore extractions----the nose was just dull and coated in dark enlarged pores with freckle-like blackheads from an entire summer of sebum clogged skin.
I tried it again and kept it on for 3 minutes this time until frosting appeared. It just became super unbearable.
This time, along with the frosting, there were varying shades --the more dead skin you have, the browner the patches will be,
My laugh lines were yellowish brown and my chin and the area around my lips and nose were brown.
This time, my skin started to feel dry, achy, and tight like I was wearing a mask that was tightening my face---I moisturized.
After moisturizing obsessively for 3 days---it's starting to patch and peel nicely to reveal fresh, smooth, even skin without dark blackheads and enlarged pores.

No acne this time. You get acne the first few times you do this---the more toxicity your skin has to purge once the dead layers come off--the bigger the post-peel breakout will be but if you keep on---it diminishes with each peel.

I usually use this two days before a long weekend---it doesn't require you to hide and miss work.
When there are variations of color (red, brown, yellow) on your face though it is still awkward--sometimes you will have dead skin in your hair or falling on your jacket! So definitely don't do this before a date or a special event!

I wish I had gotten a lower concentration. But this works so I will use up this bottle. I also want to try different brands once I am done--not because I am unhappy but because I am new and also want to try others to compare.
on January 2, 2016
This was extremely useful to use with the other peels by Skin laboratory. These are great products and high quality. My acne and acne scars are much much improved thanks to this. I have some of this now but I don't even use it much. I use the HQ+ peel every few weeks but when I first started out I used this frequently to remove my acne scars.
on February 3, 2015
I had a blackhead above my eyebrow and after using this peel, it came right to the surface and came right out! It was amazing! Not to mention how SMOOTHE my skin was for days after using this. I just laugh thinking about all the suckers out there that pay $85 for this same treatment at a medi spa. And they have to tip too! Ha!