5.0 out of 5 stars Lovable Labs
Published on August 7, 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Needed a book about a Labrador at the Beach...
The illustrations are great, but the story is not particularly engaging. Not a great purchase for the cost, and not destined to become a family favorite.
Published 4 months ago by S. A. Brew

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovable Labs, August 7, 2000
This review is from: Sally Goes to the Beach (Hardcover)
I purchased this book for my toddler after learning about Stephen Huneck and his art work. It's adorable! This is now my daughter's favorite book. Especially, since we happen to have a black Labrador who looks like "Sally" and acts like "Sally." This book is illustrated very simply with bright colors and simple text that make it a quick read. Overall, a great story about a cute black Lab that goes on a trip to the beach.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, May 23, 2001
Dr. J "virginiagal13" (Mid-Atlantic Region United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sally Goes to the Beach (Hardcover)
I thought this book would be fun for my son since we have a black lab, but I underestimated how much I would enjoy it too! The illustrations are incredible and the text is witty and really seems to show life from a dog's point of view! Highly recommend particularly if you have or like dogs!

4.0 out of 5 stars Stephen Huneck...great artist, good author, April 6, 2000
This review is from: Sally Goes to the Beach (Hardcover)
Stephen Huneck has done it again. Not only are the illustrations outstanding but the book held my childs attention for the entire book (not an easy thing to do). I would recommend this book to any Huneck fans or to anyone who just likes Labs.

5.0 out of 5 stars It made us all laugh, April 10, 2000
This review is from: Sally Goes to the Beach (Hardcover)
Everyone in the family loved this book. It made us all laughand the illustrations are super. Since we have a labrador retreiver wewere especially captivated by Sally. My daughter kept saying read it again Mommy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your average children's book!, November 19, 2005
Emily Mathews (Rockland, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sally Goes to the Beach (Hardcover)
I read this to kids from pre-school to 3rd grade. Not only does this book have beautiful pictures and lyrical language, but it lends itself to greater intelligent discussions. Kids yearn to talk about the various forms of transportation Sally takes, if it's really Sally driving that car, why dogs need friends too, and how much fun it is to be curious. Soon, after we reread the entire Sally series a couple more times, we are going to make our own book about when Sally comes to OUR classrooms. I know the style of Sally's story will translate to the kids' understanding about what's great about the environment they live in!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, September 20, 2005
This review is from: Sally Goes to the Beach (Hardcover)
My daughter always asks for this one. Simple text, brightly colored pictures, and doggies!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Dog's Life, April 25, 2002
This review is from: Sally Goes to the Beach (Hardcover)
We see things from Sally's perspective- the story told with humor and wonderful pictures. My 3 year old granddaughter and I hope Sally goes to a lot more places- the beach, mountains and farm could be just the start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reading, June 1, 2007
This review is from: Sally Goes to the Beach (Hardcover)
I have a therapy dog that goes to two elementary schools each week. She is a black lab that just looks like Sally. The students that read to her love the Sally books and just love the adventures Sally has. They also have my dog doing the adventures along with Sally. The books have been great getting the kids to read and because of this I have bought some of the books and donated them to the school library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for lab owners..., January 17, 2001
LuckeyDuckey (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sally Goes to the Beach (Hardcover)
This book is great for anyone who loves to take their dog with them. It gives you insight into what your dog is thinking while you're packing for vacation, lounging on the beach, etc. Once again, beautiful illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked funny., July 30, 2000
This review is from: Sally Goes to the Beach (Hardcover)
This guy thinks like a dog. A fun ride on the ferry and a perfect summer day. What more could a black lab want?

Sally Goes to the Beach
Sally Goes to the Beach by Stephen Huneck (Hardcover - May 1, 2000)
$18.95 $14.34