Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips, Skinny Jeans, 16 Count
- Real nail polish strips no dry time lasts up to 10 days removes with nail polish remover- 24 fashion-forward styles
- No dry time
- Lasts up to 10 days
- Removes with nail polish remover
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Color: Skinny Jeans
Nitrocellulose, Polyethylene Teraphthalate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimelitic Anhydride Copolymer, Bis Propane/ Bisaminomethylnorbornane Copolymer (Glycidoxyphenyl), Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Triphenyl Phosphate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Butyl Acetate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyvinyl Butyral, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Shellac Cera/ Shellac Wax, Dihydroxyethyl Cocamine Oxide, Benzophenone 3, Silica, Tin Oxide, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron
Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), D&C Red 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Calcium Lake (CI 15850), FD&C Blue 1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), D&C Yellow 10 aluminum lake (CI 47005), D&C Orange 5 (CI 45370), D&C Yellow 11 (CI 47000), D&C Red 22 (CI 45380), D&C Red 28 (CI 45410), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Aluminum Powder (CI 77000) (CI 77000)
Peel, Apply, Shape. Detailed Instructions Inside.
Top Customer Reviews
Stick on nail polish is nothing new, but the designs offered are too unique to pass up. I followed the instructions but added a few more steps of my own that I feel helped. After preparing my nails I applied a base coat, allowing it to dry before tackling the strips. A sticky base coat might be helpful for those who have had trouble with this product previously. This product seemed to perform better when at room temperature and with warm hands for better stretch and flexibility.
I laid out the sizes for each nail. I removed the clear plastic covering and protective backing before pulling off the 'tab' and applying. I pressed firmly for a few seconds at the cuticle/base of my nail before gently pulling the end of the strip to the very edge of it. With the pad of my thumb/finger from the opposite hand I smoothed the strip down. This is where having warm hands really helps.
Instead of filing around the cuticle and around the edge of the nail as the instructions suggested, I took the pointed end of the enclosed cuticle stick, dipped it lightly in polish remover, and drew it around my cuticle as close as I could get. That area of the strip should gently pull right off the skin around the cuticle.Read more ›
What I like:
- the first and third time I used these strips, they worked like a charm, and my nails looked like they had a professional manicure. The first set lasted close to 3 weeks. The 2nd set had a problem (see below). The 3rd set looks even better and was very easy to apply (probably since I "got the hang of it". They've been on almost a week and look great.
- After applying them, the nails have _ZERO_ drying time --they go on dry, just a bit stretchy and there is a slight "nail polish" odor. Within minutes of applying them, I have driven, washed dishes, gone to bed etc.
- My nails have seemed stronger since wearing these
- no chips (or very little), peeling, etc. The main reason they start to look worse is that they grow out with your nails.
- love how the shine remains on them the whole time you have them - they don't ever look faded or dull.
UPDATE --after a week I did notice some pretty significant fading on the Cry Baby Pink color. I thought I was imagining it but I saved the original box with the "spare" strips and there was a huge difference. I still have them on, and the shine and lack of chipping is great. The color is now a much more "milky" pink. I actually don't mind the color but it is much different than when they were applied. Did not happen with the violet or gold colors that I tried.Read more ›
1. Make sure your nails are clean, clean, CLEAN and dry before you start!
2. They last longer if you put a swipe of a basecoat (I use Orly rubberized basecoat) JUST on the tip of your nail (the white part), then apply the strip right away.
3. Apply at least one layer of good quality topcoat, making sure to get it all the way to the tips, then swipe the brush along the free edge of your nail.
4. You CAN save and use any left-over strips, even though they've "dried out". Just apply a thin layer of basecoat, then put the "dried out" strip on while your nail is still wet. Press it down firmly, but let it "set" for a while before you try to remove the excess.
5. If you don't have really long nails, you can cut the strips in half (across) and use them on your toes, or do a second full manicure (using tip #4 if they've "dried out").
Now, go have fun experimenting with the different patterns and colors, and get ready for some compliments!
I am a 38-year old wife and mother of two. I work full time at an administrative job, so I am tapping on a keyboard all day. I also do very intricate hair styles for my daughter. I have no cook, no maid, no gardener. Needless to say, I use my hands a LOT and I'm no kept woman or OC housewife. I'm a useful woman with a busy lifestyle.
These stood up to everything I put them through. They were great, very easy to apply and lasted over a week.
The only reason, I gave them 4 stars instead of 5 is because, while they are cheaper than having my nails polished professionally, I do think they are over priced. Even with my coupon, they were over $10.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The "teal with it" nail strips weren't as bright teal as the picture made them seem. They were more of a dark blue and they didn't stick on to my nails, aka, they weren't... Read morePublished 36 minutes ago by Kayla Marie Rhoades
Love Sally Hansen products, especially the salon effects. This set of salon effects did not last nearly as long as my previous set. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Stephanie Plinske
These are the worst wraps I have ever used. They are impossible to apply. They are very thin and there are two layers to take off in order to apply them; a layer on the top of... Read morePublished 20 days ago by Monica McCarthy
Love this product but it is not red how it looks in the picture, it looks more like safety orange!Published 25 days ago by Amanda Stroop
looks great..a little difficult to apply, but I get better each timePublished 1 month ago by Caitie M
My nail polish usually look horrible and doesn't last more than two days when I do them myself. With these nail wraps, my nails look absolutely beautiful! Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jani Cox
Awful, so difficult to put on neatly, tips were chipped looking right away! Maybe a bad batch? And a disgusting mess to take off! Would give zero stars if I couldPublished 1 month ago by Eugenio Lujan