Sally Hansen Eyebrow, Face & Lip Wax, Microwaveable, wax 1.25 oz (35 g), Extrasoothe lotion 0.5 fl oz (14.7 ml)
- Innovators in everything beauty; from hand, foot and body care to lip treatment and quality beauty tools.
- Gentle and effective hair removal
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Package Quantity: 1
Post Treatment Skin Relief - for temporary relief of pain and itching associated
Important: Keep in cool dry places.
Top Customer Reviews
I have read through a few of the lower rated reviews and would like to address a few of the concerns with this product:
1. Heating - Yes, you have to heat it for longer than it says. Usually, I will heat mine for about 3-4 minutes each time I use it. I stir it up for about 30 seconds and I'm good to go. I take a small amount on the ready stick, let it cool for about a second and apply.
2. Consistency - This is simple...if it's too thin, let it cool a bit. If it's too thick, you probably need to heat it a bit more or it's been overheated (if this is the case, you'll probably need to get a new one).
3. Difficulty - NO ONE is a pro at anything right off the bat. We need to keep in mind that people attend classes to get used to this! My first time using this I was quite nervous and it took me about 30 minutes to finish both of my eyebrows but by the 3rd time I used it, I was done in 5. Take it slow, figure out your rhythm and you're good!
4. The smell - No the best thing I've ever smelled (kind of bees-waxy-honeyish), but it's not like you're wearing it. You slap it on and pull it off 5 seconds later.
5. It doesn't remove hair - This has always removed all of the hair I've used it on. I think that some of the negative reviewers might not have pulled the skin tight and removed the wax in the opposite direction of the hair growth. If you pull it out WITH the hair growth, it will not work (but NOTHING would work doing it that way:) ).Read more ›
If your problem is chin whiskery type hair - this isn't going to cut it. You would have to let it grow mortifyingly long for this to work. Maybe if you will have no contact with civilization for 3 weeks or so, this would be the way to go... but for that hair, plucking seems best if it's SERIOUSLY just a few, shaving or laser are your best bets if there's more than that.
I was, for reasons I don't understand, blessed with decent eyebrows. No unibrow, no crazy strays. I don't know why, I have crazy hair issues everywhere else (except my arms, which are also weirdly normal). So I have never attempted to do ANYTHING to my eyebrows. Off the cuff the thought of waxing them with this, though, seems messy and bound to go poorly. I don't even want to think about it.
What I use this for is my 'stache. Luckily, blonde, and fine, but it is prone to get weirdly LONG. Since the hairs are so fine, this seems to grab it easily, even when quite short, and then it stays away for months. Of course this is going to depend on how bad of a problem your lady 'stache is. And if it's whiskery type hair, see the chin hair commentary - this probably won't work.
For ME, it's perfect. Sugar type wax strips never seem to work, seems like the hair has to be long for sugar wax, but this grabs it all and grabs it in one pass. It's like the hard waxes shrink around even the tiniest fine hairs and yank 'em out. It takes a little practice to get it just so - spread just right, a tad thicker at the end so easier to grab - but once you do it's easy. And one package lasts for YEARS...Read more ›
1. One tub of wax lasts me a pretty long time...I only buy about one or two a year (waxing about twice a month).
2. Liquid must be pretty hot and runny to stick to the hairs effectively (microwave 3 mins). To the point in which it hurts a little bit because it is so hot, but not scalding.
3. Removes my fine and numerous upper-lip and stray eyebrow hairs very effectively. On the other hand, I also wax my boyfriend's eyebrows with this (the uni-brow part) and he has thick, long, dark hairs. This product does not work nearly as effectively on him. Usually I do two rounds, and then pluck the remaining strays.
4. I have pretty sensitive skin and eczema (red and dry patches) on my face (including near my eyebrows). This product has never adversely affected my skin or has made my eczema worse.
5. If you ever spill the hot wax in the bathroom or kitchen (like I did at my old apartment), run an ice cube over the wax and it will chip off a bit more easily.
Hope this helps someone in the future :)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This product really messed me up!!! I'm busted out in hives on my upper lip and it's very painful itchy and red.Published 6 days ago by Amazon Customer
let me start by saying i am one of those people that can mess anything up but this was super easy but as others have said it takes some practice i used it on my upper lip and it... Read morePublished 25 days ago by Amazon Customer
The Sally Hansen eyebrow wax that I use to use is no longer on the market. So, after trying a few different kinds of wax and becoming very frustrated, I decided to give this wax a... Read morePublished 27 days ago by C & L
I've never written a review on Amazon before but this product is so bad I feel compelled to warn people. Read morePublished 27 days ago by Amazon Customer
This newer version of the product is SO easy to use. I have bought it in the past, but with this version, the container can go right into the microwave and the 'paddle' actually... Read morePublished 27 days ago by TLN
It's doesn't come with the cloth strips to actually do the process. Pretty pointless with out those. Read morePublished 28 days ago by Anne H.
The product didn't work all that well. For an extra 30 bucks is recommend buying a professional waxing kit. Works way better and will literally last you years. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Hillary Johnson