1.0 out of 5 stars don't waste your money, buy a white gel pen instead, May 17, 2011
This review is from: Sally Hansen 5 Minute French Manicure Pen Kit - Sheer Shimmer (2314) (Health and Beauty)
Tried this pen, and was disappointed by how long it took to dry and how easily it chipped. It was also messy to apply, and difficult to get a straight line. I agree with the other reviewer that the pen leaks under the guides.

While in Michael's the other day I was passing by the gel pen section and suddenly had an idea; I bought a good quality medium tip white gel pen for $4.50. It works great! It dries almost instantly, makes a nice even line, is nice and white, and doesn't chip off. My nails look like they were professionally done. Don't waste your money on the nail polish pen... get a gel pen instead.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for the garbage can!, May 13, 2010
I've been manicuring my hands and feet for years now, so I have a lot of experience with the supplies. The french manicure pen that comes with this kit is a piece of garbage. If you use it with the nail guides (stickers that go on your nails to help you paint a straight line) the polish leaks through the stickers and leaves a mess all over your nails. If you don't use the nail guide -- well, the pen is not precise enough not to, because like most thick tip paint markers there are little hairs that stick out that mess up the straight line. Either way you have a mess.

Clearly, Sally did not test this kit out before putting it on the market. I gave it 2 starts instead of one because the nude color polish that comes with it looks really lovely by itselt (without the french tips) and I use it often. Also, I had never used the nail guides before, and found that they really make it so much easier to draw a straight line (esp. on my right hand -- not easy!). From now on, I'll try to buy the nude polish and nail guides separately. Just use plain white polish! The pen is garbage.

2.0 out of 5 stars Expected more., March 1, 2012
The pack would be great if you had to use each thing separately. The white paint slips under the white strips, making the lines messy. The tip of the pen breaks easily if you're not careful with putting the cap back on. The "natural color" looks brown when you apply it. Overall the only good thing was the growth treatment. At least it was cheap!

1.0 out of 5 stars This kit stinks!, July 7, 2011
The nail pen is runny and the polishes are gooey. I wish I would have had taken the other bad reviews into consideration....

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsatisfactory, January 30, 2014
The nail Polish was old and clumpy, and the white tip pen Polish came off my nails when I applied a clear top polish. I was very disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars DOESN'T WORK, November 14, 2013
This manicure pen kit is not as great as showed... The liquid that comes out the pen it's like a colorless water, It doesn’t work at all. The sheer shimmer will work for other looks

1.0 out of 5 stars Skip it!, September 3, 2013
Lorena Kelly (Regina, Saskatchewan Canada) - See all my reviews
Awful. The white bleeds under the stickers, is bad quality so you must apply 2 coats of white in order to get coverage, and then rubs off with any contact even if fully dry. The top coat never dries sufficiently, even hours later. It's not worth a single star as not only do you waste time doing your nails in the first place then you have to clean it all off and start over with another product!

2.0 out of 5 stars No what I expect, July 31, 2013
Did not recieve the color I set...! I had to sell it... I was so mad about it cuz I wanted the rose color, and I did not get it

3.0 out of 5 stars eh, May 30, 2013
The pen and the strips are nice, but the top/base coat is absolutely terrible. It's supposed to be a quick dry, but hours after I applied it, I could still press thumb on a nail and get a new print. Also, make sure you're paying attention to the color. I mistakenly assumed "french manicure" and "sheer shimmer" meant a light pink and it's actually a transparent sort of gold color. The gold polish takes at least 3-4 coats to be remotely close to not transparent. They definitely mean sheer.

2.0 out of 5 stars manicure pen, February 19, 2013
Pen does not work as it was advertised on line. Too much polish comes thru and hair like fibers are on brush so it's not a smooth application.

Sally Hansen 5 Minute French Manicure Pen Kit - Sheer Shimmer (2314)
Sally Hansen 5 Minute French Manicure Pen Kit - Sheer Shimmer (2314) by Sally Hansen 5 Minute French Manicure Pen Kit - Sheer Shimmer (2314)
$8.98