4.0 out of 5 stars Good product...bad price
Published on January 24, 2010 by E. Hubert

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!
This product is illuminating only because they put glitter in it! It is greasy, feels very cheap. I broke out immediately. Don't waste your time.
Published on April 21, 2010 by m

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product...bad price, January 24, 2010
E. Hubert (Brookfield, WI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sally Hansen Natural Beauty by Carmindy Luminizing Face Primer (Health and Beauty)
I agree with both of the reviews posted to date. I've found that this primer does give my skin a nice "glow." It also gives my makeup staying power...it often looks almost as good at night as it did at the beginning of the day. I highly recommend it, but not from Amazon! I'm really confused at their price of $24.99. I've bought this same product (and the same size bottle) from both Ulta and CVS...for $9.99.

5.0 out of 5 stars best face product ever!, January 13, 2010
A. M. Mack (Longmont, CO United States) - See all my reviews
I have tried lots and lots of face products but never had anything that changed the texture and look of my skin like this. Upon application I felt this smooth soft texture which made it perfect for a light foundation. I have been a user for 7 years of the mineral foundations but i got tired of never having a soft luminous look. Except for a light touch of mineral cover to set, i will never go back to that look! I have always had oily skin and worried about clogging pores but this does not cause skin problems.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!, April 21, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Priced too high, October 7, 2009
CVS sells this for $9.99 and on sale for $7.99. Perhaps $26.99 is a typo?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - But Amazon Has it Way Over Priced, December 30, 2011
I first ordered this product from Drugstore.com because it was only available online. I recently ordered another bottle online but then found that CVS drug stores carried the primer as well as other Sally Hansen makeup products. I have used the primer, airbrush makeup, concealer, cream blush, and bronzer. I really like this line of beauty products. All the items at CVS were in the $9.99 to $11.99 range and CVS had them on sale - buy one get one free. So imagine my surprise when I saw that Amazon priced the primer alone for $29.00. I am disappointed because I trusted Amazon to have fair and equitable pricing. I will not make that assumption in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, October 10, 2011
Anne Garcia (Lakewood, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I'm paying $9.99 for this at CVS. I don't understand the Amazon pricing. It better be a quart for that price.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it., November 15, 2010
I came here to see if I could add it to some other orders. Price is okay. But I LOVE the product. Makes my (older) skin feel good and my makeup to go on so smoothly. I used to buy a similiar product from Elizabeth Arden and it was about $50 a bottle. I was thrilled with Carmindy came out with this product, and at such a reasonable price. However, in our area we cannot buy it in any stores, so have to get it from the internet.

My only complaint would be that the pump runs out before the bottle is empty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great luminous base, October 2, 2013
Goes on smoothly, not sticky, fine base for foundation, lasts all day. Especially good on my dry skin.will order again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome little discovery!, February 29, 2012
A LITTLE goes a long way. Too much will be greasy and shiny, but a tiny drop will give your skin a nice little boost. It's VERY light dries up to really soft skin. Even if you use too much, you will sparkle a bit but you'll never get that "tin man" deal others give.

I'd never heard of primer before and fell in love with this little guy. Tried plenty of $10-$15 ones when this one got hard to find and realized primer is a difficult thing to like AND to pay for! I've never tried expensive ones no other cheap one I tried came close to this one. Just found it in a strange spot at CVS do I cleaned them out (no way i'd pay amazon's $!)

If you have great skin that just needs a slight daytime glow, this will do it. If you're a normal human being who needs makeup, this will really minimize settling lines and pores. It helps it blend when you apply and keeps it there after.

It's mineral-based and should not cause skin problems (has not for me and I'm quite fair and sensitive), but that's something that you really have to try to figure out. At this price, why not?

2.0 out of 5 stars Not My Favorite, April 23, 2011
Charlotte A Haines (Tigard, OR United States) - See all my reviews
I bought tis item because I'd seen something like it used on What Not To Wear and Carmindy said it was good for older skin to help give a more youthful glow. I was hoping that's what this would do, but what I got was a product that doesn't even come out of the container properly (the tube that goes into the product is too short for the container) and it just feels slippery on my face and does nothing really to improve my complexion. I think using moisturizer under my makeup is much better and I wouldn't buy this again. I think it was a waste of my money.