Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 9, 2014
This story was an instant favorite with my children, and it eventually grew on me as well. There are lots of opportunities to engage the kids in discussion on what's happening in the story. We have read it over and over and over and each time it has become more charming!
on October 14, 2012
The picture book Sally and the Purple Socks will knock kids socks off. It is so interactive that ages 4-8 will love it. It makes kids laugh, predict what else Sally will use the socks for as they continue enlarging, and join in with chants. I highly recommend this book.
on November 13, 2010
This is a very silly book, about a duck whose too-small socks grow long enough to be a hat and scarf, long enough to be curtains, long enough to be a blanket, long enough to be a carpet, and, finally - long enough to be a circus tent.

Very, very silly. After all, we all know that ducks don't wear socks :)
on October 2, 2009
My 2-yr old daughter would probably read Sally above all other books...over and over again. I can pause at any word, and she can fill in the blank. That's how much we read it in this house. It is a sweet, funny storybook, and we recommend it.
on February 8, 2012
My 3-year old and I were both laughing hysterically the first time we read this book. It's a cute story, very funny, and well illustrated. My son loves it and I don't mind reading it over and over and over and over....
Sally ordered some pretty purple socks, special ones that will grow to her exact size...but just what size did she tell them to make them? And when they grow, and Grow, and GROW, things get really silly! This is a fun little book, with cute illustrations and a very funny story. My four-year-old thinks this book is great, and so do I!
on February 8, 2015