5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes
Published on February 17, 2012 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars not really for running
Published on December 25, 2011 by S. McCabe

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, February 17, 2012
Got those shoes after I hurt my knees running on different shoes. Those shoes are great, offer great arch support and stabilize your foot.I am prone to hip and knee injuries if the shoes are not supportive enough. With these shoes, I haven't had a single injury. They are trail running shoes, but I run on them on a regular basis. I run on pavement,beach, grass, track, it holds up really good! If you need a lot of support, I recommend those shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars So comfy and supportive!, March 10, 2012
Another great shoe from Salomon! I have very high arches and usually have to use an strong carbon fiber orthotic in my Brooks running shoes (for years!). Over the past 12 months, I have been transitioning to all Salomon because to the level of comfort and support of the high arch - works for me! No orthotic! I have the XR Mission this revew is for in the *awesome* celadon/papaya color combo, the XT Wings 2, and the XT Wings GTX for all weather hiking/trails/approach. They run large, you may have to go down a 1/2 size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe, but not for Everyone., July 6, 2013
I purchased this shoe based on all the reveiws that pointed out the high arch, deep instep and wide toe box. For some, this is a problem. For me, this sounded like exactly what I needed. And, it was. However, despite these exaggerated features, it still runs large. I generally wear an 8.5 (women's) based on my need for extra width. But if a shoe is wide enough, I only need an 8 in length. I was surprised to discover that even the 8 was too big. It really is a great shoe, but I could have gone down to a 7.5, a full size under my other running/walking shoes. I didn't want to add a separate insole, as this one has the high arch that I need, and I didn't want to mess with that. I solved the problem simply by wearing a very thick athletic sock.

Size aside, I am pleased with the shoe. I am a power walker, averaging 100-120 miles/week, and I wanted a shoe with lots of support that could hold up under this level of workout. This shoe certainly fits that need. The first thing I noticed was how nicely the ventilated toe allows the air to go through the shoe. The extreme arch support is fantastic and the wide base really keeps my knees in line, saving me a lot of pre-taping. And, as you can see, the shoe is a "looker". I get lots of compliments whenever I wear them. All in all, I'm pleased with the shoe. I would just suggest that, unless you have really long toes, order a full size smaller than you usually wear. Definitely not recommended for a long, narrow foot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality at a great price., November 8, 2013
I have had issues in finding sneakers in the past. I am not a pro runner or even a hobbyist. I walk/jog for exercise. As such, I never really considering searching for a shoe that's recommended by Runner's World or using a proper fit guide. My experience has been walking into Foot Locker and walking out with a pair of shoes. I've always had sore, achey, throbbing feet from shoes that make walking/jogging very uncomfortable and a lot of the time the discomfort would deter me from even going out for a jog.

So, I decided to use the guide for a proper fit and found out 3 things:
1) I strike with the ball of my foot first (due to an old knee injury, its the only way I CAN run without it hurting too much).
2) I have medium to high arches
3) I like a large toe box because I hate the feeling of being cramped and pinched around my toes (despite having narrowish feet)

The guide recommended these sneakers, so I decided to purchase them. I went with the Black/Light Onix.
Fit: I usually wear a 5.5 women's, but I tend to go with a 6 as I tightness around my feet to be very uncomfortable. I found the XR Mission to be a perfect fit for someone that is between a 5.5 and 6.
Quality: the materials are fantastic, it's light and breathable, and the draw string is PERFECT. It provides enough tightness and support as a lace, without the hassle.
Color: Great color selection for those that like the wild and crazy typical running shoe colors and more conservative colors for those that don't want to scream.
Comfort: I have never worn a more comfortable shoe in my life. I put them on and it instantly made me want to go for a run, it was that comfortable to me. I felt support in my arch, heel, and toe areas that made my jog very enjoyable. My feet did not feel sore and achey after my jog either, which is a very new feeling.

Overall, I would recommend these shoes to anyone with a medium to high arch. Fantastic sneakers. I love them so much, I have already bought a second pair the same day that I received them.

As an added bonus: price was fantastic compared to other shoes. It's easy spend upwards of $125 for sneakers these days, even the commercial "crap" like Nike and Adidas. So, for $71...I could not have made a better purchase. My feet are happy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for trails and soft surfaces, March 26, 2013
F. Moore (Fairfield, ct) - See all my reviews
For about the last 25 years, I've only ever used Nike as my running shoe. But my last few Nike purchases seemed to be pretty cheaply made, so I thought I'd try something different. I've had Salomons before, but only has hiking and casual sneakers. Though other reviews said that these shoes run small, I found that they run true to all other Salomons that I have bought -- which is to say that instead of getting a 9, I should have stuck with my usual 8.5. That being said, the 9s are fine with thicker socks or if you have inserts. They do feel much different than my normal running shoes, and the arch seems lower, almost making my feet feel like they're supinating (I have high arches, so this is not a normal feeling for me), but that just might be a matter of getting used to another brand.

On surface roads, they aren't quite as springy as I'm used to -- they don't seem to have a lot of the energy return that I'd expect. This could be because the heel is much chunkier than I'm used to, so my gait could be off. But on trails and dirt roads they feel great. The colors are awesome, and look pretty true to the picture, though the light blue isn't as light. While I'm still not sold on them as my ideal running shoe, I do think they're great for walking and trail running.

1.0 out of 5 stars not really for running, December 25, 2011
I bought these because I'd heard great things about Salomon's as trail-running shoes. These shoes look great and seem like good hiking shoes, but the arches are too high for running (and I have high arches!). I had half-dollar sized blisters on the arches of both feet following a 4-mile run, and the next run just continued to aggravate the spot. I don't recommend them for running, and I'll stick with my Asics.

5.0 out of 5 stars These shoes make me WANT to run., June 12, 2013
I am not a runner; however, I spend most of my day on my feet and often "on the run", so I decided to try these. I love them! Often, I have a hard time manipulating the steps because my knees hurt, but for some reason, ever since I have had these shoes, I have not had a problem. I swear, these shoes make me feel like I can run and I want to. I find myself bouncing up the steps, sometimes 2 at a time. They are super comfortable, easy to put on, and I love the pull string systme in place of the ties. The great color combo is just a bonus as it is super cheery. I realize this review may sound exaggerated, but for someone who has bad knees and bunyons, to be able to stand all day and at the end of the day still go for a long walk with her kid, it's HUGE. So, I highly recommend these to anyone who is in search of great comfort, support, and quality. This shoe has it all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for me!, January 14, 2013
I have a somewhat wide toe box and a difficult to fit foot (high arches, 10.5!) And these happen to fit me perfectly - I tried them on in a store first, but have obtained 2 additional pairs since - I am a very long distance hiker (non-runner) and though I tend toward weak ankles and usually prefer high-top boots - the width of the base of these shoes keep me from rolling my ankles even after mile 20. Additionally, the top mesh allows for air circulation and dryer toes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, Colorfull and Supportive, August 5, 2013
I have been wearing these shoes for about a week now and I am pleased with the comfort and balance they provide me.
This is the first pair of shoes I've bought that are a little wider than expected and also my first pair of the Salomon brand. I don't think they would fit better to go down a size, as the length would not fit me well at all. I was hoping for a bit more support in the arch since some of the reviews mentioned the arch support was too much and caused discomfort. I am going to buy an arch support insert just to see if I can get a better fit and support in that area. All in all I love 'em, these shoes are very light weight, no problems with any areas rubbing, love the easy lace up, style and color (Organic green/Black), also the soles have a nice grip. I will definitely be buying more of the Salomon brand. :0)

3.0 out of 5 stars Ran LARGE, November 5, 2013
The shoe was comfortable, the cushion was superb!! I normally wear a 7. I always buy my running shoes 1/2 size larger. These would of been perfect if I'd ordered a 7. 7 1/2 was way to big!

Rate and Discover Movies