4.0 out of 5 stars Is Amazon selling seconds?
Published 15 months ago by Frances Doolittle

3.0 out of 5 stars too narrow
I usually wear a 5.5 in Salomon shoes, but this design was too narrow. Sent them back and ordered the XA model.
Published 8 months ago by Elizabeth Cameron

4.0 out of 5 stars Is Amazon selling seconds?, October 20, 2013
I love these shoes, Salomon makes a good product, and it is not my first pair. The color is bright and inspiring on my walks and runs. That said - I question if Amazon is selling seconds - this is the second time that I have purchased something from Amazon in the last 2-months that has just a little something wrong with it. In this case one of the ends of the shoelace is frayed and it is not contained within the little "thingy" (I have no idea what it would be called) that connects the 2 ends of the shoelaces together. Salomon has a great "shoelace" that doesn't tie, it is connected and has a simple slip down gadget to tighten them - both ends of the shoelaces should be contained in that little piece of plastic, in this case they are not. (Again, this is my second pair, my first pair I bought at a store and they did not have this flaw).
I think the shoe will be fine, if anything the lace might break before its time, but I have a spare lace, so that is ok - but again, it does make me wonder about Amazon quality.
As a side note the last item that I bought from Amazon was an Otter Box for my phone - it is my second one, I love the case, but there were hairline scratches across the screen (new out of the box). I purchased my first Otter Box directly from Otter Box on-line and there were no scratches. I sent the case back to Amazon and they were great about replacing it, but the second one also came with scratches - there were less scratches this time, and they are very light scratches, so I just decided to pass on the hassle of returning a second one and I kept it and am using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous running shoe, August 6, 2013
Second pair of this shoe. Love the arch support, roomy toe area and heel bracing. I am a pro-nated runner and find this shoe is great in bracing the down step. Light, breezy and good-looking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe, August 23, 2013
The shoe feels and looks like it is constructed with quality material. I love the bright colors. At first I wasn't sure what to think about the laces. since it was different- not the traditional tie that I am use to. However, I realize now that it works great- I don't have to worry about re-tying, and it feels secure.

I run and walk in them and they feel very comfortable, stiffer and a little bulkier than a regular running shoe, but my feet feel supported and comfortable. I have to remember this is a TRAIL shoe- so it's meant to be a little more rigid. Happy that it doesn't feel frumpy and it looks cool too!

Note of Caution:
I did have to go down half a size. I wear 7s- I ordered 7s and the toe box felt huge. I lined it up with my other size 7 running shoes and it was significantly longer. I went to a local store to try on a half size smaller just to compare and going down a half size fit me best. The sales associate also told me that these run large. Amazon's exchange policy and experience was very smooth!

Other than that I am pleased with the product and would highly recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe for walking and general use, April 19, 2014
Wow, I love these shoes. I have tried so many different shoe brands, but these fit amazingly well. my feet are wide and I always have a hard time finding something that doesn't squeeze the front of my feet. Yes these shoes do run slightly large, but it works for me because I wear thick athletic socks. Great heel and arch support for being such a light shoe. I wore these all day running errands and my feet feel terrific. Love the fact that there is no shoe lace to tie and the color is perfect for wearing with athletic gear or jeans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the shoe!, October 7, 2013
My friend kathi Watts told me about them & wears them to work. I have trouble with my feet too, The podiatrist
Likes this brand too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Trail and Town, March 18, 2014
This is my second pair...I wear them almost daily. Great for long-distance (15+) trail hiking and walking around town. The first pair I bought for our hiking club's Walk Across California. I needed something comfortable for walking on the pavement in the Delta and through Sacramento- they worked! We just completed 26,25 more miles of our Walk Across California on the Western States Trail in the mountains out of Auburn-these shoes were light and comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars great comfort, support, style, January 22, 2014
I now have three pairs of these trail shoes. They fit comfortably right out of the box! I can run on pavement, trails or the treadmill and my feel never hurt. Ever. I also have plantar fascitis on one foot and the support of these shoes really help and I have a lot less pain when I wear them just for walking around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these shoes.....they deliver comfort and look!!!!!, August 22, 2013
This is the first time I purchased a pair of Salomon sneakers, and I strongly recommend this brand of shoes. They are very comfortable and fit just perfect. I have to spend a lot of hours standing at work and my feet are wide too and these shoes just seem to deliver all the comfort and support I need. They are also nice looking shoes and the price I paid for them was reasonable. I give them 5 stars!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Salomon Women's Running Shoe, October 15, 2014
Beautiful colors! I chose them because they have a roomy toe box and yet are nicely snug at the heel, no slipping and sliding. The laces too are convenient with a pull assembly so you can adjust them exactly right for your foot. Also easy to adjust while on your walk or run if you want them tighter or looser. They are light weight but with plenty of support. I feel like they walk themselves. :) This is my second pair.

3.0 out of 5 stars too narrow, May 8, 2014