Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on March 19, 2013
The 1st generation lasted about 2years at moderate used. By moderate, I meant no running, hiking etc just wore from home to office, office to home, 5 days a week. Pretty happy, so bought this 2nd generation on Dec 26 2012 for $170. I wore approximately no more than 10 times in my apartment to break it in and the lacet storage pull tab teared apart (see pictures). Contacted Amazon on 03/14/2013, graciously and immediately Amazon customer rep respond and send me a new pair in exchanged. For this Amazon is rated No1 online seller in my book. I just receive them today 03/19/2013, after examining the shoes and gently pull on both tabs, the right foot tab already starts to yield and tear at the corner (see pictures and accompanied notes). In my opinion the root cause is Salomon Company cut corners by not reinforcing the pull tab like the 1st generation. Contacted Amazon again today and I am not sure what the outcome will be. In any case, I will look and hope that the 1st generation is still available out there.
on February 22, 2013
I purchased this product in early November and was very impressed with how comfortable and lightweight these boots are. These boots may not be designed for daily use. I wear them daily in Afghanistan. While my job is an office job, I daily walk through the rocks. The sole of the boots have held up quite well. However, after a couple of months of use, holes started to develop in the cloth on top of the toe box. Generally, I am not hard on shoes or boots and have never had shoes or boots develop holes in this area of my footwear. I may have purchased these boots a half size too large, but I am not sure that would cause holes to develop.

I have had good experience with backcountry (the seller) in the past. However, my experience with them and their lack of concern about selling a defective product has soured my opinion of them as a retailer.

Overall, I am disappointed in paying as much as I did for these boots and them not holding up.
on February 5, 2013
Although heavier than I like in a trail running shoe, I bought them for some upcoming adventure races. This past Sunday I ran a trail 1/2 marathon in inclement weather. Trail was a mix of frozen ruts, sheet ice, rocky single track, and a few creek crossings and boggy areas where the ice was broken through. While everyone else was trying to stay dry, picking their way through, I ran straight through everything. Feet stayed dry, stable, no falls on the ice, no twisted ankles, and they almost cleaned themselves afterward.
on August 14, 2012
I'm a bigger guy 6'1" 260lbs. I have Planter Fasciitis in my right foot. These shoes have worked miracles on my feet. Excellent support, I can actually walk without pain at the end of the day. Excellent product.
on May 17, 2013
Broke new pair in on a rainy weekend on the Georgia section of the AT. 4 miles, 1300 ft on Saturday; 5 miles, 1800 ft on Sunday. Went with 1/2 size larger than "street shoe" size. Perfect fit for me. Lots of water/mud on trail...these guys performed as advertised. Was skeptical about one-pull lacing system before buying, but it works great on the trail...big fan now. Keepers for sure!
on February 18, 2015
These are pretty amazing - very light and THE most breathable boots or shoes I've worn - which is weird considering they are also waterproof. I am very sensitive about having HOT FEET and these feel like you're bare foot! I've worn them jogging on hard and soft surfaces and they are turning into my every day shoes!
on August 11, 2014
I'm a meter reader in Illinois. I bought these boots about a year ago and loved them since I put them on my feet. Even during the colder winter we had they kept my feet warm and dry (unless I had to walk through drifts then snow would get in them which is gonna happen). Just bought my second pair last week. They were water proof the longest of all the other boots I bought in the past. Fits great and would recommend
on December 14, 2014
I use this as my everyday work shoe, as i can be walking on concrete one minute and hitting a trail in the next. Gripping onthe dirt and grass is where this shoe is home, watch out for smooth slippery man made surfaces like Terrazzo, but then again....watch out for that generally. This product holds your foot snug, not in an uncomfortable way, just good enough that you feel secure without causing discomfort. might want to double tie the lacing if you don't run it through the back loop though. with enought movement it loosens up easily. Overall its a great shoe, aesthetically and functionally.
on December 29, 2014
Pros: comfortable, stylish enough ... good on trails.

Cons: I stepped in a puddle that covered my foot for a moment and water seeped in ... How is that "waterproof?" I'm not expecting to stand in a duck blind, but if I'm hiking or running, I expect to be able to run through a puddle and not get wet. Are my expectations of Gore-Tex too high?
on July 4, 2014
No doubt these would have been amazing, but with my feet, I would have been crippled after a few short kilometers of Aussie outback. I use a standing desk at home, and I stood in these for about 90 minutes, and came to the bitter conclusion that they just weren't going to work out.

I tried to kid myself, and believe my feets were slender enough; but no, they're not. Had to return these, and figure out something else (which is not easy since Australia is about a generation behind in footwear...). If you have wide, or flat, feet you need to give these a pass, sadly.