5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for young children
Published on October 21, 2009 by CWA

1.0 out of 5 stars RACIST PROPAGANDA
RACIST PROPAGANDA--With books like this, racism will never end. Martin Luther King Jr. dreamed of people being judged by the content of their character, not the color of their skin. This book is a backwards, offensive reaffirmation of world wide and national division. It is disgusting.
Published 7 months ago by karl douglas propes

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for young children, October 21, 2009
CWA "CWA" (goodlettsville, tn United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yes, We Can! A Salute To Children From President Obama's Victory Speech (Paperback)
I bought this for my then-18 month old daughter as a picture book. All the pictures are actual photographs of the President on the campaign trail. Many diverse people and some great pictures. The President's message is very simple and positive. My daughter now understands that "Obama" as she calls him is the president and she is starting to recite parts of the book back to me.

In no way do I believe this is some sort of "indoctrination" piece. Just a very simple and positive message couched in terms that even children can understand. I suggest this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great message -Wish it were a little longer, September 3, 2009
This is a great message for children, especially in a time when everyone is arguing about politics and government. Children need to be able to trust their president and respect him/her, no matter what is going on around them. My only problem with the book is that I wish it were a little longer and more in depth. Otherwise, I would recommend the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Obama is the one., November 27, 2010
Wonderful story for early readers! I recommend this to teachers for kindergarteners and 1st and 2nd graders. It can teach youngsters a little bit more about their experience with the so called first African American president of the USA.

1.0 out of 5 stars RACIST PROPAGANDA, November 22, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, We Can! A Salute to Children From President Obama's Victory Speech - LOUD AND PROUD, YES WE CAN!!!, March 28, 2013
The first African American President of the United States. All things are possible. Children of color - Black, Latino, Asian and Native American, can do anything in this world. They must be focused and stay on the right path to overcome adversity.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected and it bores my daughters., December 25, 2012
This book is not worth the money. It is just excerpts from that one speech. It was not what I expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars United We Stand, February 6, 2011
Thank God Mr. Obama does not call people names, a habit some adopted when Mr. Reagan started calling his fellow AMERICANS by the "L" word, as though we were something to be loathed instead of loved as countrymen with differing opinions. We are all Americans; let's not degrade each other any more!!!!!! Yes, let us salute our children!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap communist-style propaganda, November 22, 2009
When I saw this book, I didn't believe my eyes. Having grown up under communist rule in East Germany, this looked strangely familiar. Nowadays, you would expect this sort of "literature" in countries like North Korea and Libya. This is disgusting and cheap propaganda, child indoctrination at its finest.
How can children be in a position to evaluate the views represented in this book? President Obama is the good guy, so hence everyone criticising him must be bad. Not sure how much of an author of this booklet Obama really is, but I hope - if he ever reads it - he would be deeply embarrassed by it. If not, we're all in trouble.

Yes, We Can! A Salute To Children From President Obama's Victory Speech