5.0 out of 5 stars You'll never go back!
Published 16 months ago by Kelly Garbato

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap tricks
why are they sending Leyjie knock-offs. this isnt what i paid for! sorry ... i thought that when your order slip says one thing, the product is supposed to be the same thing.
Published on December 10, 2011 by principles

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll never go back!, March 11, 2013
This review is from: Salux Nylon Japanese Beauty Skin Bath Wash Cloth/Towel - Blue (Misc.)
I first tried the Salux brand skin cloths about five years ago. At the time I was having some serious issues with contact dermatitis caused by exposure to various plants - I have ridiculously sensitive skin - and, while I tried my best to avoid the irritants, secondhand exposure via my husband was also a concern. We were using mesh loofas in the shower - cheap, flimsy, disposable - but I wanted a more durable option, preferably something that could be washed and reused. Traditional washcloths were my least favorite options because they don't exfoliate or work up the desired lather. After much research, I stumbled upon the Japanese-style nylon washcloths and decided to give them a try.

Fast-forward to today and I'm STILL using the original six cloths! We cycle through about one a week - more during the summer, when my husband's likely to have brushed up against poison ivy and other problem plants - so each cloth has been through the washer at least 43 times (on average). They're starting to fray around the edges the teeniest bit, but otherwise are in excellent shape. (Pro tip: to wash them in a machine, put the cloths in a pillowcase and tie it shut. Wash in cold water and then air dry.) Their washability make them a sanitary, economical, and green alternative to those bunched-up mesh loofas.

Unlike cloth washcloths and loofas, the Salux skin cloths are HUGE; they're designed so that you can grip one end in each hand and scrub your back. They do an excellent job of exfoliating, but are still gentle enough that you can use them on your face. And they feel heavenly on tired feet. I'll never use anything else again.

Just make sure you get the Salux brand and not a knockoff. Some reviewers mentioned that they ordered the Salux but received the Leyjie brand. If this is the case, don't even bother opening it - just register a complaint with Amazon and get your money back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best thing I've ever used in a shower, December 22, 2009
I've been using these clothes for 3 yrs now, ever since I found them by accident on Amazon. They are the best thing about my shower. It only requires minimum shower gel to get a great long-lasting lather, which means I've actually noticed I buy less shower gel over the months! The length is great for cleaning your back and any other hard to reach places. But most importantly after every shower my skin feels SO SMOOTH AND SOFT! It's better than any of the (often expensive) exfoliating scrubs I've used in the past. This is really important in winter months when I suffer from really dry skin. It by no means cures my dry skin, but since I started using these I no longer get alligator skin on my legs like I used to. They're also really durable and easy to rinse clean. I usually get a new one each year, just to be safe when it comes to a hygiene, but they could easily last longer than that. Best shower/bath-related purchase I've ever made!

5.0 out of 5 stars Salon bath towel is great!, January 23, 2007
I've used a nylon scrubbie for years. The Salux bath towel is much better! I received it as a gift from someone who had one and knew how wonderful it was. It has a fairly rough texture which is a fantastic exfoliator. I use it with a bath gel (never soap, it's too drying) and my skin has never been softer. It's extra long length makes it perfect for getting your entire back. It drys very quickly - Can't live without it!

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap tricks, December 10, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Received a Chinese knock-off brand, February 1, 2012
J. Tobitt (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
I have used Salux wash cloths for years. When this arrived I immediately noticed it was a knock-off of the original and appeared to be of poor quality. I am returning the product and getting a refund from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Beauty Secret, May 25, 2007
Many years ago I came across this product at a luxury resort in Guam. I have used this product for about 12 years now. I absolutely love it. It exfoliates my skin beautifully. I use it all over my body. People stop me all the time and comment on my skin it looks just like porcelein. I can't live with it now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Vendor sent me the counterfeit version, not what I ordered, February 4, 2012
The photo and description of what I ordered are not what I received in the mail. The packaging look similar, but the vendor sent me a different brand, and it's made in China.

1.0 out of 5 stars UGH. Not a salux., July 6, 2011
I purchased this quicly after seeing the product advertised was a Salux. I bought two of them to give as gift.. Horrible.. HORRIBLE quality Leyjie versions arrived. Maybe I could try this on my back.. But I would be too embarassed to give something so rough to a friend or family member. Dissapointing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Salux, February 19, 2011
When I bought this there was nothing to indicate that it was the Chinese knockoff, Leyjie. When it came I really liked it, but it did look cheaply made and a little rough to use. When I actually got the real Salux, I realized just how much of a difference there was between the two. The Leyjie is thinner, lighter with cheaply sewn seams. It also more abrasive and produces less lather than the original. If you aren't sure which one you have look on the pack to see where it's made. Salux is made in Japan, Leyjie is made in China and the Salux washcloth has the logo sewn into the seam as well. The bottom line is that the Leyjie is too expensive for what you're given.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stellar washcloth alternative!, December 1, 2008
Having been given an earlier version of this product by a Japanese woman in Hawaii in 1988, I was delighted to discover this product available now. These "towels" make the smelly, soapy washcloth obsolete. They foam well with soap, then rinse clear. They really scrub the skin, doing the exfoliating that leaves skin soft and smooth. The long length facilitates back-scrubbing and foot-cleaning. Try one and you won't go back to using washcloths.

Rate and Discover Movies