Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sam Edelman Women's Penny Riding Boot, Black, 7.5 M US
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Size: 7.5 B(M) US|Color: Black|Change

on September 1, 2015
Nice pair of boots but my legs were swimming in them. The boot opening is huge compared to my calves (I'm 5'6" 110lbs 13.5" calves). I should have paid more attention to the boot opening dimension. Everything else seems great though: comfortable, relatively accurate sizing (they are on the larger side), good traction, quality leather/hardware, etc.
review image
44 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2014
But it didn't really live up to my expectations. They are a little tight in the calf/foot area, but I think that breaking them in will help with that. Overall, they are good, but I wish I could tuck my jeans into them, also, the angled cut could be more severe. They are beautiful though, and they look nice.
review image
11 comment|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2012
I've been looking for a boot that had an "Olive" type of shade to it. When I saw these on Amazon, I had to have them! At first I was hesitant because I have 15" calves and I was afraid they might not fit, I took a chance on them anyway. When they arrived, the foot looked a little narrow, but when I put them on they were just fine. I thought they might be a little snug, but after walking around in them, they got to be more comfortable. They fit my calves as well! :) So I'm overall happy with my purchase! Btw, I usually get a size 7.5 in boots, but I find that "rider type" boots tend to run a little big, so I got these in a 7. Hope this review helps!
on December 12, 2014
I have to say that I fell in love with these as soon as they came out of the box; unfortunately, they are too tall and cut into the back of my knee. I'm 5'4" with a 31" inseam and I couldn't climb my stairs nor sit down as the boot was into the back of my knee. Too bad, the boot is incredibly soft and beautiful.
on September 17, 2015
These boots are fantastic! I was on the fence because the description said 14" calf and tall shaft. I have 15" calves and short legs - I wear petite jeans. But I took a chance and they fit just fine. A bit snug (but not tight) thru the calf but I think they will loosen up a bit with wear. And if you have "athletic" calves like me, look for a pair of jean clips to keep your jeans smooth
on October 8, 2012
Runs a little big and the circumference is a little bit too but overall I like these boots. Throw on a pair of thick socks or pants and no problem at all. Love the zip down the back of the boot.
on September 28, 2014
These are my all time favorite boots! I ordered the whiskey last year and I just bought the black because I can't find a better riding boot! I have a slim foot and they fit perfect, but they have a "penny 2" on the official website that has a wider fit. Super comfy, soft, and cute. I wear them alllll the time!
on December 5, 2014
I've never had any problems with the quality of products I've ordered from amazon in the past, but these boots are very disappointing. The leather doesn't look like it is of very good quality. It has fold lines from being in the box and they aren't going away. The slit on the inner side of the boot at the top (to allow for the boot to stretch around your calf) is a very jagged cut. Very poorly made. They look like other Sam Edelman Penny boots, but on the bottom they do not have the same Sam Edelman logo as other boots. These say Sam Edelman 109 Spring Street New York, inside a rectangle, engraved into the rubber on the bottom of the boot. Other boots do not have this, they have the Sam Edelman logo inside a thinner longer rectangle, and looks like it is metal. I don't know if these are just an older version of the boots or if they are fake, but they're certainly not the same as the boots being sold directly from the Sam Edelman website. I will definitely be returning these.
on November 30, 2015
Love these! I'm 5'6 and they hit about 1.5 inches bellow my knee. I have wide-ish calfs, and the regular size fits snugly wearing skinny jeans underneath. My favorite thing about these is the grip on the sole! Most boots I've bought have slick bottoms, what gives? These are perfect.
Pros:
Light weight
Soft, flexible leather
Traction!
Slim/fitted design
English riding boot look.
on February 8, 2015
Cute boots. Will keep your feet warm and seems mostly waterproof. Have worn these out in the snow during a Chicago blizzard and these boots kept the water out and my toes warm! They do feel a bit snug if you wear thick socks, but are true to size if you're wearing thin socks or tights. For the most part they are comfortable, but the soles are bit stiff and if you have flat feet like me, they do get a bit uncomfortable after a long day/commute. Overall, cute and functional boots!