Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Size: 8.5 B(M) US|Color: Olive|Change

on September 1, 2015
Nice pair of boots but my legs were swimming in them. The boot opening is huge compared to my calves (I'm 5'6" 110lbs 13.5" calves). I should have paid more attention to the boot opening dimension. Everything else seems great though: comfortable, relatively accurate sizing (they are on the larger side), good traction, quality leather/hardware, etc.
review image
44 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2014
But it didn't really live up to my expectations. They are a little tight in the calf/foot area, but I think that breaking them in will help with that. Overall, they are good, but I wish I could tuck my jeans into them, also, the angled cut could be more severe. They are beautiful though, and they look nice.
on November 13, 2012
I've been looking for a boot that had an "Olive" type of shade to it. When I saw these on Amazon, I had to have them! At first I was hesitant because I have 15" calves and I was afraid they might not fit, I took a chance on them anyway. When they arrived, the foot looked a little narrow, but when I put them on they were just fine. I thought they might be a little snug, but after walking around in them, they got to be more comfortable. They fit my calves as well! :) So I'm overall happy with my purchase! Btw, I usually get a size 7.5 in boots, but I find that "rider type" boots tend to run a little big, so I got these in a 7. Hope this review helps!
on December 12, 2014
I have to say that I fell in love with these as soon as they came out of the box; unfortunately, they are too tall and cut into the back of my knee. I'm 5'4" with a 31" inseam and I couldn't climb my stairs nor sit down as the boot was into the back of my knee. Too bad, the boot is incredibly soft and beautiful.
on September 17, 2015
These boots are fantastic! I was on the fence because the description said 14" calf and tall shaft. I have 15" calves and short legs - I wear petite jeans. But I took a chance and they fit just fine. A bit snug (but not tight) thru the calf but I think they will loosen up a bit with wear. And if you have "athletic" calves like me, look for a pair of jean clips to keep your jeans smooth
on October 8, 2012
Runs a little big and the circumference is a little bit too but overall I like these boots. Throw on a pair of thick socks or pants and no problem at all. Love the zip down the back of the boot.
on September 28, 2014
These are my all time favorite boots! I ordered the whiskey last year and I just bought the black because I can't find a better riding boot! I have a slim foot and they fit perfect, but they have a "penny 2" on the official website that has a wider fit. Super comfy, soft, and cute. I wear them alllll the time!
on December 5, 2014
I've never had any problems with the quality of products I've ordered from amazon in the past, but these boots are very disappointing. The leather doesn't look like it is of very good quality. It has fold lines from being in the box and they aren't going away. The slit on the inner side of the boot at the top (to allow for the boot to stretch around your calf) is a very jagged cut. Very poorly made. They look like other Sam Edelman Penny boots, but on the bottom they do not have the same Sam Edelman logo as other boots. These say Sam Edelman 109 Spring Street New York, inside a rectangle, engraved into the rubber on the bottom of the boot. Other boots do not have this, they have the Sam Edelman logo inside a thinner longer rectangle, and looks like it is metal. I don't know if these are just an older version of the boots or if they are fake, but they're certainly not the same as the boots being sold directly from the Sam Edelman website. I will definitely be returning these.
on November 30, 2015
Love these! I'm 5'6 and they hit about 1.5 inches bellow my knee. I have wide-ish calfs, and the regular size fits snugly wearing skinny jeans underneath. My favorite thing about these is the grip on the sole! Most boots I've bought have slick bottoms, what gives? These are perfect.
Pros:
Light weight
Soft, flexible leather
Traction!
Slim/fitted design
English riding boot look.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon June 2, 2016
These boots are super comfy and look awesome. They are a classic riding boot style with a zipper up the back, which makes them very easy to get on and off. They do have a small snap at the top, which I have to remember to close, lol! The leather is very nice quality and the fit is great. I ordered my regular size and they fit perfectly. My foot is medium width and my calf is somewhat narrow. There is a small gap in the calf measurement but I can get a pair of skinny jeans inside the boots just fine. There is not much heel so they will be comfortable to wear all day. There is moderate arch support as well. I have rather skinny ankles but these boots are not too wide there either. If you have a larger calf, you can order this boot in the wide calf size. I bought these boots for $30 in the off season. They were such a good deal I couldn't pass them up. I love the color, which is a true gray, with zero brown. I wear mostly black, gray and white with the occasional punch of red or cobalt blue so they'll fit in just fine with my fall/winter wardrobe. I knew SE quality was good but I had no idea these boots would be so luxurious. They look expensive (granted they're normally in the $200 range but they look pricier than that) and I'm super pleased with my purchase. I got a tip from the fashion board on makeupalley.com and decided to pull the trigger on these boots because I can never pass up a great deal, especially on 100% leather shoes/boots. The leather is in between stiff and soft, a truly medium thickness and texture. I have very expensive boots and these are very similar. I can already tell that they'll wear very well. I can't wait for the fall/winter so I can actually wear them. I have worn them around the house with masking tape on the soles, just to try them out and I can already tell I'll be able to wear these comfortably all day. They are also classic enough to wear to work, with skinny black pants or dresses and skirts. My workplace is dressy casual so these will be perfect. Actually, I can't say enough good things about this style. They were a great deal and I'm very happy I acted on the tip. I definitely recommend them highly.