Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 20, 2013
I have two images in the gallery. This product worked very well but it did require 3 of them to take care of about 90 - 12" tiles. There is lots of liquid left in each of the three, in fact there was probably enough in one to do it all but the felt nubs wear down very quickly. Had there been replacement nubs it would have been terrific! As it was I trimmed them down with a scissor a few times to make it work with 3 of them. I was almost to the end and thought I'd have to get out a tiny paintbrush and pour the liquid into a tiny cup but I eeeked it out. The one I used is "gray". It's a light gray and as you can see in the pics it almost looks white but I like the gray better to not show dirt as much. Most of my grout is 10 yrs old so it was pretty dirty and this product did a great job. So, expect to use about 3 times as many as suggested and you'll do fine.
review image review image
on May 28, 2012
I also bought this pen at Menards, after seeing the other review. It works exactly as it says it does. It's just like coloring the grout lines with a Sharpie. My grout was kind of gritty and I had to go over each spot a few times, so the tip of the pen got pretty smashed, but it still worked.

The instructions say to immediately wipe any paint off the tile with a wet cloth, but I found it was easier just to run my finger on the tile next to the grout, then wipe my finger on a wet paper towel.

One pen did an area 4'x5', so 20 square feet, even with my grout being kind of gritty and absorbent. I don't know how much it had left in it - probably not much.
review image review image review image
on May 5, 2013
I bought two tubes to use on my master bathroom floor. The first one worked well, but the coverage for 12" x 12" square tiles with 1/4" grout lines was only about 15 sq. ft. as opposed to the 50 - 100 sq. ft. stated on the package. That's for a single coat. I would advise buying at least four times as much as you think you'll need. The second tube didn't work at all. I don't know if it was because the stain was old and thick or if there was a problem with the applicator tip. The second tube covered about 8 sq. ft.

The color of the gray stain is okay. It's a very bright light gray with a sort of bluish tint...nothing at all like the color displayed on the package. Not quite what I was looking for but better than the color the grout was before.
on March 26, 2014
The first worked great, similar feedback as other viewers regarding the tip, the second seems all water, i will try shaking it and if doesn't help I will return it for a new one. It looks great for so far for what I have used.
on December 19, 2014
This really works. The light grey was a perfect match. I had tried washing, scrubbing and even bleach but nothing would remove stains around the toilet or just accumulated dust in other areas. I knew the floor was clean but it did not look it! Using a light touch will help save the tip. I used up one plus part of another for my approx 4x7 floor.
on August 4, 2011
i had some grey granite put down in my hall and had what was labeled as "grey" grout used for the grouting. by the time it was done it looked more brown than grey and it never sat well with me. it just didn't accent the tile well but i couldn't afford to have it re-grouted. i came across this product at menard's (like a home depot type store in the midwest). it was less than $5(!) and i figured i'd give it a shot.

i was very surprised and impressed with the results. i used grey and it really made the tile pop and accented it so much better than the original grout color. i did have to go over it twice to get complete coverage but that was more my fault- you can only go about 2 inches at a time before you have to press down again to get more "ink" to get proper coverage. i was going too far/fast the first time before pressing down for more ink (ink may not be the exact right term but it's the closest description i can think of).

it's liquid-ish stuff that comes out, so you just have to go slow and take your time and go over it once or twice to get complete coverage. i was very careful, so i didn't have to wipe off any excess that got on the tile. i was able to stay in the grout line. the area was about 4'x8' with 12" tiles and it took me about 20 minutes but i waited for it to dry and had to do a 2nd coat, as i wasn't pressing down often enough the first time, so that was another 20 minutes.

anyway, i was very pleased with the results and the cost. i'd totally recommend this product if you want to change or spruce up your grout without having to go thru the cost and trouble of re-grouting.

UPDATE:
i had considered buying a steam mop to clean floor tile but before i did, i consulted with this grout product company and they strongly advised not using a steam mop on this product, as it would be too hot and melt the grout product (i forget if they said it was latex or something similar like that). just a heads up for people to consider.
also, it is getting close to 2 yrs since i applied the product and it still looks great, imo. it really accents and compliments the tile and really makes it 'pop'.
review image review image
on September 22, 2014
I was very dissatisfied with this product. The marker was a very light gray and actually looked white against the tile. I allowed the grout marker to set on the grout for several days. When I cleaned the floor, the grout marker color came completely off. I returned this product and asked for a refund.
on December 11, 2013
The color isn't an exact match, of course, but there are so many shades of gray, or any other color, that you probably just have to accept that. At least it took the curse off the ghost-white grout. The drawback to the pen is the felt-tip like applicator. It's being scraped along raw grout between close tile edges and it really doesn't hold up very well. The instructions say to maintain the tip at the same angle to "preserve" it and I did that but it still started to shred. I only had a few lines to do, maybe an area a foot square made up of 6" tiles. There is plenty of stain left in the pen, but I think the tip would give out long before you had a chance to use it all. This is ok for really small area touch ups, but I wouldn't plan on being able to finish a full-sized floor with it, even if there is enough stain remaining in the pen. I'm thinking they need to include 4 or 5 replaceable tips in the package.
on August 21, 2014
I bought two of these. Neither worked. I'm pretty capable with home repairs/improvements so I don't think it was user error. Once they started to flow, they worked for about a foot, then quit.
on April 2, 2014
A little hard to use, you have to shake and press real hard to start the marker working, but I would buy again. Great idea and once it starts working. Coverage is a little low.

See 1 answered question