Customer Discussions > Samsara [Blu-ray] forum

Samsara--Amazon Instant Video or Blu Ray?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 2, 2013 11:29:42 AM PST
P. Metzger says:
I see that I can purchase the amazon instant video in HD for $10 or the blu-ray for $20. I think the picture on amazon instant video is great, but with these types (Planet Earth, Baraka, etc.), I usually buy them on blu-ray. I know it's only $10, but is the picture much better (I am assuming the sound would be, but I don't know). My internet connection is good, so I'm fairly certain that I'll be getting the best picture possible with Amazon instant video. How is the bonus material on the blu-ray? That would probably be the deciding factor, because you do not get any extras on instant video.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 10:22:24 AM PDT
mike says:
bluray video is the best. this blu sometimes comes in @ 36+mbps in video, amazon instant i believe tops out at 7-8 mbps. so while amazon might have 1080p, you get less frames per second, no deep color... i must say this is the best picture quality i've seen on a blu ray. absolutely amazing. maybe rent it on netflix, buy it when it drops down to $10-15.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 10:23:39 AM PDT
mike says:
no bonus features on the disc btw...

Posted on Jul 7, 2013 3:45:35 AM PDT
Georgedc says:
blu ray or DIE!!!!

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 2:08:08 AM PDT
Hey mike, if you're still following this thread... does the DVD show locations in the subtitles (like baraka)? The subtitles on the Netflix version only indicate sounds and music for hearing impaired.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Samsara [Blu-ray] forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Mar 2, 2013
Latest post:  Oct 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Samsara [Blu-ray]
Samsara [Blu-ray] by Ron Fricke (Blu-ray - 2013)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (290)