Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samson 6-1 Single Auger Wheatgrass & Multi Purpose Juicer - Model GB9002 - BLACK
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 6, 2010
I mainly needed a new juicer for juicing wheatgrass. This machine is great because not only can it juice grass but it can also be used for vegetable and fruit juicing. It has completely replaced my other vegetable and fruit juicer!! Now I just have one machine that does it all! Also a big bonus is that is also makes soy milk! Frozen healthy sorbets, and all natural nut butters, I made cashew butter and it was great and cheaper then buying at the store. Oh yes, I also made fresh pasta, and salsa. The clean up is so easy, the parts won't rust, (which is the reason my old juicer needed to be replaced). It's a breeze a take apart and put back together, just a few seconds. It's a dream, couldn't be happier with this product. Oh yes and it really squeezes the last drop out of the wheatgrass, the pulp comes out bone dry! My last juicer did not do that. I'm getting more juice for my buck!
on August 14, 2010
All the good things from the other reviews are correct. Versatile, long warranty, easy to clean, etc. But there is a catch. I purchased only for wheatgrass which I juice daily for health reasons. The manual says to feed very small quantities at a time, less than with other juicers, OR SEVERAL OF THE PLASTIC BITS won't take the strain. So you can either constantly watch how you feed the hopper or pay the price. I am on my third juice strainer (an internal non-optional part) because the other two shattered. Not a pretty sight. Keep this in mind
44 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2010
Bought this for wheatgrass juicing, but I am really impressed with the fact that I can make other stuff with it. Several pasta attachments!!

The one negative review on this product vaguely talks about it taking too long, which is not my experience. Maybe they want something more like a blender. I don't know. Anyway, its a hard-core juice extractor, so you wouldn't expect it to process the food at warp speed! It works about as fast as the wheatgrass juicer they use at Jamba Juice from what I can tell. It's also easy to clean.

Love love love it!
on November 8, 2010
I have had this juicer for 3 years now and have had 3 screens break, 2 outer plastic parts break and 1 front ring break. Also the auger has worn out. This would be a horrible juicer if it wasn't for the excellent warranty. All these parts have been replaced without question for a $7 shipping fee each time. I have probably spent about $35 in these warranty shipping fees which isn't too bad. This machine will only be good for as long as this warranty lasts which is 5 years. If you are going to use this every day to do carrots and more, invest in a hardier machine (if there is one), but check the warranty, they appear to break and wear.
on July 14, 2009
This is the best juicer I have ever used. I have used the Juiceman and the Jack Lalanne juicers, but this one tops them both. It is quiet; there is less mess and reduced vegetable/fruit waste; and it is easier to clean. The fact that it is multifunctional (making pasta, sorbets, baby food, peanut butter, etc) is a bonus.
on March 5, 2011
ORIGINAL - 3/5/2011

I got this juicer with the idea of juicing both Wheatgrass and vegetables on a regular basis. Due to various reasons I am using(?) it for juicing vegetables and not wheatgrass. It does a horrible job with carrots (which I primarily want to juice). Here are the problems:
First of all, unless I piece the carrots into small pieces, the yield is very low.
Secondly, when I juice carrots and apples for 2 people, by the time I get to the second cup, the whole attachment falls apart and I have to fix the parts and start all over again.
Thirdly, when I the juicer was new and I used whole carrots once, the masticating rod broke a little and came along with the extract. And this is not with some dried old carrots, but with good juicy organic ones from Whole Foods!!
I tried contacting the company but havnt been successful (no response by email or phone).
And sadly its two months since I got it and I cannot return it through Amazon. I am on the hunt for another one already!
Bottomline: If you looking for a vegetable juicer, Dont buy this.

UPDATE - 7/19/2013

We gave up using the juicer for vegetables, but have used it as a fruit juicer. Carrots are still a bit of a problem, but most fruits are okay.

But after 2 years, we had to replace parts once and are again looking to replace them. We are having a hard time convincing the company that parts do not have to break to request replacement. Parts are showing some kind of discoloring (the cone filter especially has had a chemical reaction and no amount of washing helps). I sent pics and explained the problem in detail by mail, but the Co asked me to bring them over for inspection! Is it worth our time and effort to send parts out and hope for the best? Not sure. We are upset that juicer parts don't last well even for a year to 18 months, even though we use it only moderately. The 5 year warranty is very misleading.

Should we keep spending more and more money on an okay juicer or simply buy a new one? I wonder if our next purchase will be a Samson.
on February 27, 2012
The Samson GB-9001 is not made for serious daily juicing. If you are only juicing a couple of ounces of wheatgrass, or aspire to juice but doubt you will follow through with it, this juicer is for you. If you juice several pounds of vegetables daily like I do, you will find that the plastic parts break consistently every 6-8 weeks. In the course of the last year, I have spent $200 on part and shipping charges for said parts! This occurs even if I set the juicing nozzle at the loosest setting (i.e. pulp is quite moist.) The extremely narrow feeding tube means that you have to cut items up in very small pieces which adds a lot of unnecessary work to the juicing process. Root vegetable juice has to be mechanically strained after juicing as it is still pulpy.

Its too bad that the plastic is so fragile, because it is a pretty nice juicer otherwise. It is convenient to have both wheatgrass and vegetables juiced with one juicer. The motor has never given me any problem. But I would recommend investing in a Green Life rather than waste you time with this if you are serious about juicing.

Please, juicer designers, update the materials that the parts are constructed from and make them durable enough to function as advertised!
on September 1, 2014
I've owned a Jack Lalanne for a while now and it works great...until recently I needed to juice wheatgrass, that's when I realized my Jack Lalanne isn't sufficient enough...hence, I bit the bullet and purchased this Samson 6-1 wheatgrass juicer hoping not only to juice wheatgrass but also to use it as a fruit/veg juicer replacement.

After two days of using it, I feel it's great for juicing wheatgrass, however, it's not as fast as the Jack Lalanne when it comes to juicing fruits and vegetables.

The hole at the top where you insert the fruits/veg is VERY small, therefore you would need to chop up the fruits and veggies into very small pieces before inserting them.

Upon inserting them, you need to use the included stick (forget what it's called) to really push the fruit/veggie pieces down, else they simply won't grind. I find this to be very time consuming and requires quite a bit of strength and effort (when I'm used to just throwing the pieces into the Jack Lalanne and didn't have to fight w/ them in trying to jam them in);

There are many small parts to this machine that needs to all be taken apart each time for washing (the Jack Lalanne had 3 pieces to take apart); so this one is definitely more work;

The base body is VERY heavy; so once I set it on the counter, I can barely move it around;

Overall, for the price, I'm not very happy w/ the speed as well as the fact that it requires so much effort to get the fruit pieces through the grinder;

If it weren't for my need to juice wheatgrass I would not buy this machine;
on October 5, 2011
The "auger"juicer does a much better job of juicing than a "centrifugal" unit. The instructions and DVD video that comes with the unit are very good. It was a "no tax" and "no shipping charge" item (and this unit weighs a lot), that attracted me. I would recommend the Samson for juicing all kinds of fruits and veggies. Buy organic so the chemical sprays that they use on regular food don't go into the drink. Yes, I know that you wash your stuff, but do you get ALL those chemicals out? Some fruits/veggies are systemic in that the chemicals penetrate inside the food.

Cleaning is a snap - the unit comes apart and re-assembles easily. I have never found any trace of food back in the motor section. All material is "augered" to the front spout.
on April 1, 2010
This Samson GB-9001 in Black - Wheatgrass Fruit and Vegetable Juicer is everything and more I could want in a juicer. After a long line of centrifugal style juicers which work great for the first week and then quickly deteriorate into a massive waste of produce, I decided to buy a masticating juicer. This juicer is super easy to clean and makes quick work of anything you throw at it! It chews through hard veggies as well as leafy greens with ease. pay attention to the number setting on the front of the machine and your only limited by your imagination.

See 1 answered question