5.0 out of 5 stars Great Size, Function, and Quality
I got tired of lugging around a briefcase AND a carry-on bag for my clothes--so I did a lot of research looking for a bag that had the durability, thoughtful design, and value that I wanted. This bag fits the bill for all those things--and allows me to bring everything I need for a one or two night business trip with just one bag.

Pros:

1) This bag...
Published 22 months ago by Derek White

3.0 out of 5 stars Dimensions are not listed correctly, Otherwise, looks solid
Published 16 months ago by Tapher

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Size, Function, and Quality, May 7, 2013
Derek White (Orem, Utah United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsonite 15.6-Inch Classic Wheeled Business Case (43876-1041) (Accessory)

Pros:

1) This bag fits under most airline seats. Yes, I know that we would rather not put a bag under the seat in front of us because we lose the leg-room, but if you need the bag near you--it's really nice that it fits under the seat. In fact, this bag fits so perfectly it looks like the engineers did their homework and actually measured that little space under the seat to ensure that it fits. Many other bags like this are a few inches to wide to fit.

2) Thoughtful sections and pockets. This bag has a section for clothes that includes compression straps to keep them compact. It's enough space for a pair of pants and an extra shirt or two--and your 1 quart bag of toiletries. It also has a padded laptop section (with velcro security strap to hold your laptop in place) with 3 large pockets for things like a GPS, sunglasses, portable hard drive, etc. The next section is a file section with one divider in the middle. Then there is a large zippered pocket for gadgets, cables, pens, business cards, etc. Lastly, there is one smaller pocket for boarding passes, papers, etc.

2) Great build quality. I've had a Samsonite briefcase that is very similar to this bag for years. I can vouch for Samsonite's quality. Their zippers are heavy duty and last--even after daily use for years. The material used in these bags is a tough Cordura-like material that stands up to daily abuse. Samsonite has also reinforced this bag in all the right places. Though this bag is relatively new to me, I expect that it will demonstrate the same durability as my other Samsonite bag.

3) Thoughtful Design. The bag has one pair of quality in-line skate wheels that, when paired with the telescoping pull handle make a biomechanically perfect way to roll the bag--with very little effort. I'm sure you've seen the bags that have 4 casters on the bottom. In my opinion those bags are more of a trend than anything. With 4 casters those bags can roll in any direction--which really isn't always desirable--and when you tip them so you can walk fast, you've got the other two casters hanging in the air. This Samsonite bag has the more sensible design of only two in-line skate wheels which is frankly, a more practical and usable design. When standing upright, the bag also has a long "foot" that keeps it standing perfectly upright with no worry that the bag is going to fall over. There are also plenty of hard plastic guards to protect the bag when you bump up a staircase or curb. The telescoping handle also stows away completely under a zippered cover for use as a briefcase.

Cons:

1) Like some other reviewers have mentioned, this bag has two handles for use when picking it up like a briefcase. You simply grab the handles, hold them together and pick it up. While the handles are comfortable and work fine, they also flop over to each side when not in use. There is a certain un-aesthetic quality about that two handled design--along with a certain, slight inconvenience to it. But I give it pass because the bag is such a great value.

2) The bag is not designed to be "checkpoint friendly". A checkpoint friendly bag is a bag that you do not have to remove your laptop from when you're in the security line. Checkpoint friendly bags are typically designed to open like a clamshell to allow an easy x-ray scan during the security check. Bags that are not designed that way (like this one) make it necessary for you to pull out your laptop and place it in a bin. Not a huge deal--because it's really quite easy to to that...but it's one one less convenience during the security process.

When you combine the design and quality with the price, this bag is an excellent value.

Let me know if this review has helpful in making your decision :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Business Bag. Lots of space, very sturdy, February 29, 2012
Can't give any less than 5 stars. This rolling bag is fantastic. Has plenty of space and different compartments/pockets, etc, for all you business essentials.
The back compartment can hold all my files, although I know it is intended for a set of overnight clothes, I have plenty of files to carry around, and this one fits them perfectly, and neatly.
I can pull out my laptop very fast and put it back in.
The wheels are very smooth.
If you are looking for the best laptop carryng rolling case, for the price, you found it. There's a reason why more times than not it is "Out of Stock"

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wheeled laptop bag with space for overnight, November 18, 2011
I love this bag. Initially it's somewhat daunting as it's consiserably larger than your usual laptop bag but it pulls well, is well balanced and has lots of great space. The bag folds into itself if you don't use the 'overnight' section so it's not so bulky. I do a lot of airplane travel and it just about fits under the seat in front.

Given the relief on my shoulders/hands this is a great buy. I don't regret and would buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great business overnighter, January 19, 2012
It's hard to find the perfect overnighter. This one is very close in my book. I researched a lot and actually bought two, returning the one I didn't like as much which was the Case Logic ZLRS-117. The Case Logic had a much better organized front pocket, with lots of tight mesh pockets - this samsonite has the typical 25-year-old design with pockets that are not real useful and pretty much 90% of your stuff just ends up getting jumbled at the bottom. Other than that, I like this one better - easy to slide my laptop in/out at security; plenty of room for one night's change of clothes, liquids bag, and small dop kit (no room for shoes); and it fits under most airplane seats, although not regional jets.

It works for me. I might sew in some mesh pockets in the outside compartment to make it more useful for my cables, mice, plugs, and stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, April 24, 2013
I bought this case to use at school. I currently have 10 books that I have to carry around with me, plus multiple notebooks and a laptop, and my backpack was just not cutting it, and either was leaving my books in my truck so I could pick up just what I needed for each class. I purchased this case, and no longer have the back problems from before from the weight of the books. The wheels are smooth and make no noise. The multiple compartments make it easy to organize everything that I need throughout the day. The back compartment is perfect to throw in 6 or 7 books at a time so I don't have to leave them all at home when I could be studying at school. I love it, and can see myself using it for many years to come once I'm out of school and in the workplace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my use, March 16, 2013
M. Regan (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This piece of luggage is perfect for my needs. The quality is good and the price is reasonable. I have a 15.5" laptop which fits in the padded compartment easily. Even though it is rated for a 15.5", a 17" laptop would fit in the compartment. It has several compartments for a mouse, cables, etc. The front compartment has pockets that hold my Kindle and smartphone along with several other odds and ends. The file area is good for standard sized documents or travel confirmations. The back compartment has plenty of room for a small Dopp kit and clothes for a short overnight trip. Probably not a second pair of shoes though. For longer trips I use it in combination with a full size carry on bag and the two of them provide plenty of room for a full week trip. No need to check anything. The handle is long enough to be comfortable for a 6' tall person to tow. Overall, I would recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dimensions are not listed correctly, Otherwise, looks solid, November 2, 2013
I was looking for a rolling laptop bag that would fit under the seat but this item looks to be too deep. The bag is 10 inches deep (contrary to one of the dimensions in the item description). I think it would be difficult to fit under the seat especially if you are sitting in the back of coach class in some airlines. Other than that, I think the bag has a lot of good features and would actually work well as a primary carry on bag. I could see myself using this for a two day cross country trip (red eye out, one overnight and return the next evening) with laptop and suit. If I was only going with a tablet, I could probably do a three day trip with just this bag. Unfortunately, my primary motivation for a wheeled bag was to be able to store it under the seat and this bag would be too hard to wedge between the seats of some airlines to get underneath. It might even be a challenge getting it into the overhead bin of some of the regional jets. I ended up returning this bag and ordered a slimmer one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, September 24, 2013
This is a very great buy for the price! I am actually getting ready to purchase my second bag. And before you think its because the quality of my first one wasn't good, let me first say that I have had my current bag for two years and I travel 35-40 weeks out of the year. In addition I use the bag as its not designed: I carry two laptops in it. So factoring in the number of times I've shoved it underneath an airplane seat and as much stuff as I've carried in it, I think its held up pretty well.

The material its made of makes it very easy to slide underneath an airplane seat. The handle is great. In fact, I often load my carry on bag on top of this bag because the bars are some much more stronger and durable. I do wish it had a little more space, but given my exessive loading of it, the job that it has done for me so far has been awesome.

The one flaw that I think the bag is susceptible to is tearing at the handle. My bag began to come apart at the seeems where the back handle attaches to the rear of the bag. I would say that it likely wasn't designed to be picked up and carried alot. I do not think this is 100% on the bag design though. Part of it was on my use: two computers and partially way too heavy. Overall, I highly recommend this bag and glad to purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for, April 11, 2013
The rubber wheels are quiet. The front interior has wonderful storage pockets for a cellphone, multiple pens, a portable hard drive, and a travel mouse. The second compartment has 3 brick size insulated pockets and a strap-stabilized laptop pocket that fits my 15.4" laptop with room to spare. The best part about this bag is the room at the back for a pair of shoes and a brace similar to a garment bag for taking workout clothes to work. At the price, it is an outstanding deal. I especially appreciate the length of the handle fully extended. It makes for easy walking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and Sturdy bag., May 24, 2013
Stick with what you know. Samsonite does a nice job with this bag for the money you pay. It is not too expensive and does what it says.