4.0 out of 5 stars Good Bag

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Bag, June 30, 2013
Corinne Mulhern (Chula Vista, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsonite 151 Series 29" Spinner
I travel ALOT for work and this bag has held up well so far - it is huge and very roomy for those trips when I just don't want to pack light and want to bring my 5 different pairs of heels and my yoga mat and my blow dryer and three times the amount of clothes I actually need for the 5 days I will be gone - like I said, its huge. The wheels have held up well - which in my experience is the first thing the airlines bust off. The handle is very sturdy - bag can be a little hard to control upright across hotel hallway carpet so I find it easier to tilt and roll there. Like the color - usually makes it easier to spot (never buy a black bag...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Purple is the color!, August 5, 2013
Tina C (Peru, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsonite 151 Series 29" Spinner
I was looking for a good suitcase that would last the tossing around on an airplane. The color is reall what attracted me to this one. I managed to fit everything going and coming home! Worked great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, May 30, 2013
This review is from: Samsonite 151 Series 29" Spinner
Nice suitcase for the money. The handle is a bit tricky to get in and out but besides that, it is a sturdy suitcase and well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Combination of Weight and Durability, December 11, 2013
This review is from: Samsonite 151 Series 29" Spinner
With bag weight restricted to 50 pounds for most airlines domestically, we kept pressing up against the weight limit with an old but sturdy Sampsonite hard case. This soft case is light enough and sturdy enough that we're replaced the hard case and we're able to carry more without feeling light we are gambling each time our bag is weighed. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, August 11, 2013
This review is from: Samsonite 151 Series 29" Spinner
Nice large bag with lots of pockets. It rolls really easily, even outside. Its also pretty light for its size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Might be oversized, July 28, 2014
Michael Edick "edickent" (Olney, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsonite 151 Series 29" Spinner
Using a ruler, I measure 62" adding all three dimensions, which is 1"-over airline baggage rules for oversized. If I let-out the front expansion-zipper, it's closer to 66" overall. Very roomy, my typical Samsonite max-size carry-on actually fits inside this. Rollers are effortless, both upright and using typical drag-behind. Single-extension handle works well and isn't too high for short or tall people to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rollin', February 6, 2014
This review is from: Samsonite 151 Series 29" Spinner
Chamillionaire only uses Samsonite on tours, I now know why. Tip: It has four wheels instead of two so you can roll it in all directions when its standing, I'm amazed by the number of people I see in the airport handling it like a 2 wheeler, this four wheeler is way easier to handle in slow traffic (All security airports in the US.. MURICAAA!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, March 5, 2014
This review is from: Samsonite 151 Series 29" Spinner
Very high quality suitcase. We travel out west to ski in the winter. I never have enough room in my suitcase. This one is biq enough to handle all my winter clothes. It is very easy to maneuver, rolls well. Came with a bag for the liquids. The color makes it was easy to see on the carousel. The spot for the ID tag is on the back of it. Wish I had the whole set!

2.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, but not to Delta's size standards, April 29, 2014
This review is from: Samsonite 151 Series 29" Spinner
If you're using this for non-air travel, it's a fantastic piece of luggage. Not a lot of pockets or extras here (I thought it annoying that both the front pockets go all the way down, I personally like when the top front pocket is small and so as not to have to dig down to the bottom for items). Huge capacity, but so much so that if you have a picky checker, you will pay an oversize fee.

A lot of people have said they've gotten away with the bigger size, but I'm not willing to risk the $100+ fees each way.
Samsonite does not include the wheels in measurement (height is actually 31"), which gives it a 63" total (and that is completely empty, not expanded, and being slightly lenient in measuring--in all it is really closer to 63.5 if you're being exact).

My review is in the hope that Samsonite makes some adjustments to their luggage. But for now, this one is going back.

2.0 out of 5 stars quite frustrating experience, September 19, 2014
This review is from: Samsonite 151 Series 29" Spinner
i like samsonite. its usually better price:quality ratio than any other brand. so i decided to trust them, especially coming from their own vendor. but quite frankly this suitcase looks ostensibly cheap. it only has the basics. i was far from thrilled, but then i said, oh well, maybe the most sophisticated costs 200 dollars so it wasn't quite a bad deal. the next day i went junk shopping at marshall's and ross. my new suitcase was there (or was it just another samsonite, veeery veeery close to mine) but it only cost 80 dollars. im not going through the hassle of returning. im just never buying a suitcase retail (or online, for what it counts) and will only buy bags at hard discount.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›